Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
How can you avoid a bad beat?
The best you can do is avoid bad probablity, doing that you will decrease "bad beats". Overall is unavoidable :p even with AA you will lose several times.

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You can't avoid getting beat by any hand if you play it. AA can be beat by 72 offsuit.
My eyes were scratched out by
A♧K◇ beat by Q♡10♡
A♤9♡K♤ K♡ J♡ On table
Didn't see it happening, when my chips went the other way i was like "eh, no way, what happened, how, whey i, not fair, shocking, gutted." With a lot more harshness in there for texture.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Just quit playing poker. This is the only 100% solution that will allow you to avoid bad beats :)
You can't avoid bad beats in poker if you play it. Just as in your personal life it is impossible to avoid situations where you are sometimes unlucky. Such moments are just a part of our life. Bad beats are just part of the game.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't, it is a part of the game.

Best example is the poker tournament in the James Bond Film “Battle Royale”, imo.

Poker is very complex and the untouchable hands are extremely rare,
but it can happen that 22 may win against AA on an AK4 flop, 2 of them are still in the deck.

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a lot you can do here. You can only swallow it up and thats pretty much it. It happens all the time, but if you look closely, wins happen all the time too, its just that we forget about them.

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
We cannot avoid this in any way, since poker is a series of endless bad beats - in our favor or in the favor of our opponent, there is no third option ;)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
this is poker is part of the game bad beats will always be so it's very difficult to avoid it unless you go into the all-in hand then you'll avoid the poker bad beat but someday you'll have to go all-in so just take part of the game and that's it or don't play poker:)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes even when you make the right decisions you still lose but it is still important to make the right decision because in the long run you will win even despite the bad shots!!!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Overall, there is really no way to avoid getting nailed with bad beats. We just need to be careful we don't get bad beat by allowing players to out draw on us. What do I mean? here is a example.

One game i played the UTg+2 player limped his 2 aces. The SB and BB went along for the ride. The flop was something like T, 7, 2. The blinds checked, and he bet pot and the SB folded and BB re-raised 3x. He jammed and was called and lost the hand. He then ranted about the BB horrible play calling him the way he did. It was a horrible bad beat. Was it? Yes, he lost to 72o but he was in the BB to no raise. Bad beat, yes but could have avoided it with some sort or raise. Trust me when I say I would have folded if he raised it up.

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't avoid badsbeats on the other hand you can mitigate them by doing this: don't get carried away with the premiums and especially avoid the allins

M

Misanthrop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
When you make a profitable decission, this decission is always only profitable on the long run. On every hand itself its pure luck and variance if you are going to win or lose... :)

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play less hands and fold more. Push against weaker chipped opponents to avoid the complete disaster #ko pray 🙏 🫶

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Simple Answer You Can't!
It's like asking how do you avoid being struck by Lightning? You just don't know when it's going to happen, so impossible to avoid.
Bad Beats Happen, You have to accept them as part of the game and get on with playing.

L

luk0123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
You can't avpid it. It just part of poker. The variation is simply stick to poker. So you will have a lot of bad beats.

MackemMan

MackemMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There is no way you can avoid bad beats other than fold every hand.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Uhh play crappy and hope to get lucky???.?... ,you can't avoid bad beats, you can minimize variance but even then luck is part of the game😎👍

Last edited:
F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only way to avoid is to stop playing, specially online.
This is by far the best answer. Although I will add some of my annoying friends always avoid suffering a bad beat by being behind in the hand when the river is due, therefore any bad beat is always in thier favour.

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think they can't be avoided. If we talk about a bad beat it means that you went down winning. In other words, the decision was well made. I don't think they can be avoided unless you fold a hand you were winning.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How can I avoid a bad beat in Poker?!. Hm, I think, this is impossible, with what only for Me,
but and for any person, because Poker is unpredictable, especially online poker, by my opinion...

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
The answer is you can't and you shouldn't really want too. Because honestly the goal of poker is to actually target terrible players and wanna play against them not avoid them. And when you play against terrible players bad beats will happen learn to embrace that fact, get over the bad beats and move on. Having decent mental toughness/tilt control is one of the keys to being a winning player long term.

Cheers!!!

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
"Make sure you fold when you see me in the hand and a 4 of any suit on the flop" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

No I agree there is no way to avoid a bad beat. Just have to know, that when you got your cards in, that you played the hand correctly and MOST important, don't let it tilt you. This will cause you to lose more than you would have with just the beat.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The easiest way to regain your composure and get back to your best game after a bad beat is to take a short break from your game. If you're facing a series of bad beats and feel mentally drained, you can still take a longer break. Stepping away from the game for a couple of days and doing other things can be extremely beneficial.