A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
While playing...I often want to sleep...How do you deal with this? Share your secret...
Yes, it happens to me often😴 I know I go to bed as soon as possible but... I pulse anything or all-in without regret even with nuts and preferably when the chances are much more divided, with as many opponents as possible 😃😃😃😃. If a miracle happens, my sleep passes and with a considerable stack the madness begins 😆.
It's good for our sanity and morale to go for a rest rather than an inevitably very bad poker session.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
There's no secret answer in both cases is simple common sense and there the only answers to your problems. Don't play when tired. Only play when well rested and fresh. If you're bored you're likely only playing 1 table. Open multiple tables till the bored feeling goes away.

Cheers!!!

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if you want to sleep like me, it means you're tired or didn't sleep much before the game or didn't sleep at all after work and decided to play poker what you shouldn't do. Basically, when you start playing poker, you need to rest before the game and be prepared that the tournament will be very long as well as open more tables so you don't get bored Sometimes you need to wash your face so that sleep goes away for a while

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
While playing...I often want to sleep...How do you deal with this? Share your secret...
If you feel like sleeping during a game, then you lack motivation to play. I played in our freeroll on Wednesday from 1:30 AM to 4:30 AM because I was motivated and had a goal to get into the prize zone. And I did it. And I never once had an urge to go to bed during the whole tournament. :unsure:

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
I just don't start a game when I feel tired. When I play poker, I feel excitement, euphoria, and these feelings only excite me. Sometimes it even happens that after winning a tournament I can't sleep for several hours. But since victories don't happen very often, it's not a big problem for me :)

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi
This is usually hard to deal with, but if you have 1-2 free hours before the tournament, you can take a little nap, then during the game, you won't want to sleep as much. Or, alternatively, you could play poker after you've slept for example, that is, in the morning, if your work schedule allows you to do that :)
Good luck.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Has nobody heard of coffee?

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
This happens to me way too often. My problem is I don't have enough time to do everything I need to do on a daily basis, so I end up not being able to sleep enough. One solution is to get up while playing and just move, jump, whatever you need to do to keep yourself awake... not easy, to be honest. The other one is caffeine, but it can become a problem, so I have to be careful not over consuming it. So, is best to just use it when I absolutely need to and/or in small doses.

I've never had any energy drinks, since I'm sensitive to caffeine, so that could put me in a very jumpy state... not recommended, could become a problem healthwise.

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There are times when I just sit out and go sleep.

Ataman911

Ataman911

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't start playing if I want to sleep, caffeine

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sadly I suffer from insomnia. I am always tired bu cant sleep long. Wish I could help you but cant.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Some days I will nod off while playing quite often. I can be 4-tabling Z00M-styles cash tables & then discover I am sleeping only when I hear the alarm/bell go off on one of my tables. Give my head a shake, thinking it won't happen again but of course it does a few minutes later, lol.

A couple of tips:
Do some push-ups & stretching during the breaks & go for a short walk outside (if possible). Or do some push-ups between hands if you need to.
Another tip I learned while taking the 30-day Greyhound bus driving course > keep a hairbrush nearby and when you start to feel tired, run the hairbrush bristles over your scalp a few times. It actually works.

Coffee - I drink a couple cups at the start of my session but I try to limit it. I find it makes me tired in the long run... and besides it doesn't mix well with my geritol.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a good rest before starting to play poker. Sometimes I also feel sleepy during a poker game. If it's an important game, I try to drink a coffee and wash my face. If it's not important game, there are times that I just go sleep.

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
just go to sleep when you are sleepy. dont loose your money trying to staying up

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I really want to sleep, I can't help myself, it's too difficult for me. I just turn off the computer and go to sleep. Sometimes coffee helps me last until the end, but I noticed that if I really want to sleep, I subconsciously play so that I can finish faster, that is, I make rash and risky decisions.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have a long poker session planned, then it seems to me that the best way to stay awake is to have a good rest and a long sleep, of course you can drink an invigorating cocktail, but over time it can become addictive.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think it all depends on your mood, you don’t need to perform any actions, just prepare something sweet and coffee for the tournament, good luck to everyone.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Just enter a game when you had a nice night of sleep. Change the time you are playing, drink coffee.

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
To combat sleepiness while playing online poker, try these strategies:
  1. Take short breaks to refresh.
  2. Stay hydrated with water.
  3. Snack on energizing foods like nuts or fruit.
  4. Incorporate quick exercises to boost alertness.
  5. Limit caffeine intake.
  6. Adjust playing schedule to align with peak alertness.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
For me, the best remedy is strong black tea, it increases concentration even when very tired.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The damage may seem small, but systematically cutting back on sleep, even by an hour, can have a negative impact on your well-being.Our sleep is highly dependent on our normal hormonal profile. Due to improper production of hormones, symptoms such as increased appetite, fatigue, and low blood pressure occur.Or, for example, you have low hemoglobin and iron deficiency. In such cases, even if you sleep well, you may feel constant daytime sleepiness.If possible, get up and go to bed at the same time on both weekdays and weekends.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
This is not healthy in the long run but I did take several strong caffeine pills (each pill was like 3 cups of coffee) when I used to play long sessions during the poker boom.

Could sometimes play for 48 hours with just bathroom brakes.