takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While playing...I often want to sleep...How do you deal with this? Share your secret...
Sleep as much as possible before starting a serious session. The less distractions the better, and lack of sleep can be a big one if you let it. Like right now, I can't stop yawning. I guess I got too much sleep, lol. It happens.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It also happens when I'm very tired.
I usually try to stay well rested so that doesn't happen.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
usually before the game I sleep a little and during the game I drink a lot of caffeine. helps me sometimes.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are sleepy you should not play poker. It's a bad way to waste your money. So if you are sleepy, log out and rest as much as you need.

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I usually don't get sleepy while I'm playing, unless it's late at night, which I try to avoid. However, there are times when I feel that the game is too slow. In those cases, I usually play a podcast or something interesting in the background. I avoid things that require too much attention so I can stay focused on the game and pay attention to my opponents.

If the issue persists outside of poker and becomes a routine problem, you may need to pay attention to your diet, get more sleep, or consult a doctor if it becomes a daily inconvenience.

Something that helps me when my mind wanders too much and it's one of those days where staying focused becomes a challenging task is exercising and taking cold showers. (The truth is, I do it anyway, whether it's a good day or not 😅)

M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
Have some rest before a game, because you need to keep focus on your game

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Sleep well before a long shot dude, you shouldn't feel sleepy

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
you need to download tournaments that won't be tired, calculate their duration in advance, grind Rabusta coffee, or maybe have a drink

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sleep before playing. If you can't, choose a game mode that won't take you 3~4 hours.
Play standing up! Place the device on a bench and play standing up. Do parallel activities while playing (automatic activities that do not require concentration and focus)

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello all I drink is a very popular drink in my country that is called MATE and is made with yerba mate. With that I stay awake and attentive in long tournaments, especially in GG poker because the tournaments are longer than in PS

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I don't like playing when I'm sleepy, I think if I'm sleepy the best thing to do is go to sleep and continue the next day, I always like to play when I'm in the mood

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
While playing...I often want to sleep...How do you deal with this? Share your secret...
Sleeping at the right time is important in poker or other games that depend on intelligence, attention, and concentration. For me, I will choose to play at the right time, and sleep at the right time as well.
What exactly prevents me from falling asleep while playing is the badbeat, as it keeps me awake until sunrise ؛)

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I feel sleepy while playing, it means the game is not interesting and I go to bed.:)

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sleep 1 hour before session or try some energy drinks or coffee

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Don't play when you are tired or late at night .I do prefer a good nap.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I feel tired, I just go to sleep. Play or sleep? .... Serious question, but I know for sure what will be better for me and my bankroll. Sleep :)

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Play in the mornings or afternoons... the idea is not that the game affects your rest schedule either.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think the way to stay awake while playing is to have enough rest before each session, it is very difficult to stay active when you are tired

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
You should play just until you're in shape and enjoying the game.
If you lose focus, get sleepy or bored, it's a bad idea to continue playing

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you want to sleep while playing, then better lie down and continue playing the next day. Life goes on, there will be a new day, there will be a new game, online poker will not go anywhere :) . Poker is best played when you have had a good night's sleep, feel well and are not bothered by any problems. Then the result of your game will be much better, you will be able to direct all your energy to the game and not to some other problems or concerns. I think there is no need to fight sleep, but rather to lie down and rest if possible.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
To stay awake and alert during a poker session, I make sure I get enough rest before I start. Additionally, I usually avoid heavy foods that can cause drowsiness. Staying hydrated is key, so I always have water on hand. I take short breaks to stretch and move a little, which helps maintain circulation and concentration.

Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Personally, I think that if you are sleepy you should log out and continue tomorrow... mistakes are made when tired or drunk. greetings