How to stay awake when playing poker?

Bummy

Bummy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
The best choice is not to start playing in the evening or when you are tired, especially when playing in big tournaments.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that when you are sleepy it is because you have been playing for several hours, you have to take a break to regain energy and continue.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
build a big enough stack early so you can sit out and still cash . then you can go to sleep and still make the money ( or wake and play more later ).

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
if you need to sleep then sleep, playing tired ain't good

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd say drink coffee or energy drinks, but that is not a healthy option.
Eating a large meal before poker is also not a good idea. Eat light.
Try upbeat music. Or have some background noise, like a movie or general tv.
If it is boredom, open another table.
Other than that, just have a snooze, 40 winks as we say here, before you play.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
You need a good sleep before any long session and some coffee or tea when playing, If you feel tired or need to sleep don't play.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Play during the day, not during the night.

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Generally my gaming schedule is not at night, so it is not difficult for me to stay awake and focused.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
If you get good hands and win, it will be difficult to get bored or sleep.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
drinking a coffee helps you lose sleep a little and makes you more focused I recommend it

CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I typically only play after work on evenings and weekends. If I feel tired, I just do not play. If you find yourself in a situation where you start to get tired during a game, adding a 2nd or 3rd table help to pick-up the activity level and keep you more engaged. It is also kind of amazing what a good run, or big hand can do to help you find your Second Win, lol!

I will end with a Small Brag: Even though I play poker most evenings and weekends and have for most of the last 20 years, I have NEVER NODDED-OFF or FALLEN ASLEEP during a game.

Best of Luck at the Tables Everyone & Most Importantly, Have Fun!

D

darkgonz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
You should not feel tired when you are playing poker, unless in a main event of several days that is somewhat exhausting in terms of energy, I think you should modify your sleeping habit, with a good sleeping habit you will have plenty of energy throughout the day. day, eat fruit that also provides energy, exercise, meditate, and clear your mind, above all enjoy poker.

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I've never faced such a problem so I can't help you.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've fallen asleep during a tournament, I also lost my registration for having slept, now I try to sleep well during the night, but even so sometimes I get sleepy, all because of some physical activity or walk, sweet dreams and enjoy these moments

freddsl

freddsl

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I only play at times that won't disturb my sleep schedule, so I'll rarely feel like sleeping.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I had that problem yesterday afternoon due to the off-beat hours i keep. I managed to stay awake, just. For the next few weeks I will be playing very late only.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Work out the best time for you. If you are sleepy winning is not an option, you need full on concentration.

Ingryd

Ingryd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When I'm bored, I take 10 or 15 minutes to do something else and come back.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I never had this problem. You have to try to sleep better and exercise.

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Personally, I (since I am a MTT player) try to move as much as possible during breaks, do some quick exercises to give the body a small boost of energy. Also, music and playing while standing are a good way to do this)

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
While playing...I often want to sleep...How do you deal with this? Share your secret...
If I plan to play in a promising tournament, I can sometimes take a nap for a few hours before the tournament. If I'm tired or want to sleep I just don't start the game. I believe that before serious tournaments you need to seriously prepare, eat, rest well, otherwise your chances of winning become much smaller.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play at the correct times. Play when you have had a good nights rest. Play when you will be fresher. For example play a bigger or more important tournament at the weekend if you have time off. Difficult to play late at night on a work night during the week I find. Avoid excessive drinking when playing as this dulls the senses. Eat healthy also as fatty food will make you tired. Play only one table as more tables takes up too much concentration. Play when you are in a good state of mind also.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Short interim walks and keep drinking small sips of water