How to play HORSE: Strategy and Guide

migesan

migesan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very interesting game, the first won tournament with me, usually when I watch watching to catch as many chips on omaha or 7-stud, on other games I play on safe cards (how much they can be), but all in all I play what my day is and how do I get on the flop.
lately I play this game poorly, I'm based on holdem.

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every time I play HORSE I always miss when it goes from razz to stud, even when it is the only table I’m playing. Luckily I rarely loose many chips and only miss the change the first time it happens. My strategy when I play is to play very few hands during Holdem because limit Holdem is by far my weakest game. I focus on Omaha8 and Razz. I also play solid in the stud games.

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think to start playing a horse you need to master each of these games well, unfortunately I have a good possession of that one Hold'em .. I think I should understand the rules of 4 others and gain experience in the game to start playing horse

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is very interensting for me to try such game as HORSE cause I am not familiar playing this one but still I think it is very useful to improve our whole skill playing any other poker game.And I am lazy to try such game cause I play only Holdem,may be I am just playing poker HOLDEM cause it is very famouse now.

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It's important to stay aware of which game is being played, since playing the wrong game will give you some pretty bad results.
The key to these games then, lies in playing hands that allow you to win at showdown, and throwing away the ones that need a lot of help to win at showdown.

I like it because it's exciting when it changes from holdem to Omaha and others. You have to be very attentive

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing HORSE

I suppose I am missing out. I have not ever played this style Holdem. I need to look more into this.

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All poker variants are interesting and can bring you different points of view that can help you in other ways. I have not yet had the opportunity to play Horse, since it does not have too much popularity among the poker rooms where I play. It would be a great idea if CC promoted tournaments among its users of any other modality that is not only No limit Holdem

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Mentioned by many others, I always have a problem knowing which game I'm playing. It's actually mentioned in the strategy advice to watch out for idiots like me who are still playing the last game!

online poker seems to be made for games like HORSE - limited appeal meets huge potential player field, lots of hands that have to be dealt in different games done with software instead of people. If pokerstars could only work out the notification weaknesses. It doesn't seem like much of a hurdle. Is the notification so weak because it's "part of the game"?

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like play HORSE, you have to play concentrated since the game changes variant in a short time and you have to be careful not to continue playing the previous one :p.
I find it very entertaining, I learned to play HORSE for a tournament that CardChat organized, I had to learn the 3 new variants that didnt know, Razz, Seven Card Stud

Seven Card Stud Hi-Lo. I learned something.., since I won that CC tournament in which I played HORSE for my first time. :D :icon_thum

godblessiraq

godblessiraq

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love hold em, Omaha hi lo, and razz, but I am so bad at seven card stud that I stay away from horse tourneys.Would love to learn some strategies in 7 card but don’t even know anyone to school me. Open for advice though, let me know!

guicor30

guicor30

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This variant is one of my favorites, since it contains the main variants of poker.

Fortunately, the largest online poker room in the world Pokerstars offers tournaments with this variant.

Every time I can play one or another tournament with this variant.

Also as the article says it requires a lot of skill and concentration since you have to combine strategies in short periods of time.

The Boss

The Boss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HORSE is a lot of fun although I prefer Eight-Game Mix and Ten-Game Mix. I would love to see CC have a few mixed games tournaments.

I personally feel that the most difficult of the five games will be Stud Eight-or-Better because you have to juggle trying to make a hand to scoop the low and high halves of the pot and keeping track of the upcards. Idk, that game gets to me haha.

wilmer907907

wilmer907907

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very interesting to start new paths in poker with different variants, I am a lover of texas holdem NL and omaha h / l pot limit but I do not know much about razz seven cards, so I give a lot of credit to the published article and follow the strategies they recommend for expand knowledge in the poker spectrum

The Boss

The Boss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very interesting to start new paths in poker with different variants, I am a lover of texas holdem NL and omaha h / l pot limit but I do not know much about razz seven cards, so I give a lot of credit to the published article and follow the strategies they recommend for expand knowledge in the poker spectrum

If you don't know much about Razz play, I recommend you check out Sklansky on Razz which is in Sklansky on Poker.

X

xx02pl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like HORSE, its very good game when you know all variants :)