Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I have never played HORSE Poker ... and I see it quite complicated to play since you must know several types of poker ... and in my personal case I only know Texas Holdem ... and as I always say my priority is to learn to play Texas Holdem in the best way before starting with any other type of poker ...!

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all...played a little with homegames tourneys..but now they are kaput...maybe cardschat can do a monthly freeroll.....want to learn more....thanks darrell

Becky Eubanks

Becky Eubanks

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoy HORSE simply because it is different and you do have to stay focused
or you can screw up real bad !

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I like so much mixed games, but they require a massive amount of practice to learn them pretty solid. During the past I've played 7 Card Stud and Razz and liked them a lot, but I haven't played Omaha Hi/Lo and i don't like Hi/Lo variants so much. But definitely I will try HORSE in the future a bit more seriously. It just takes some serious time to get familiar with it.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
First watched someone playing HORSE on Twitch was the one and only Jason Sommerville. You can tell how great this guy is,he explains almost every hand and his reasoning behind every move!

I like that in Razz,Stud and 8 or better as you mentioned in the article ,it is not standard that a single player will take down the whole pot.This is kinda interesting because it reduces the variance IMHO. I don't know if I want to play HORSE but some other variations which are totally different from NLHE , Omaha will be interesting and challenging.

I have stated before that i think it would be beneficial for every poker player to know more games than the classic NLHE because it will make him understand better some aspects of our favorite card game. Interesting article!

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played all these variations of poker: Stud, Horse, Badugi....
in play mode at pokerstars but i didn't have yet the courage to play its with real money😝😁; i can say all are very interesting and requires much more skills than texas holdem but unfortunately not many players are interested to play it; i believe it needs more skills because if i remember well these versions of poker plays with many face up cards of the players ( only few cards aren't show with face up) so the players have to calculate with more attention his bets. I hope will come the day when I'll try the real money version of Horse or others.:p:)

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love to play HORSE,although the game is not easy! You should be able to play all five games, I love Omaha Hi / Lo and Hold'em, but other games are hard for me!

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Maybe Cardschat could have a HORSE freeroll Tournament? It would be fun to try and play in it. I've played all five games before. It would be fun to play them in a tournament format.

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
An interesting article and nicely summarized games. I'm of the opinion that it's better to specialize in 1 version of poker example than to be average in everything. HORSE certainly has great potential in which we will find many recreational players who know each other on everything that is, they know nothing. The Holdem and Omaha games are heavily exploited by many good players and becomes more and more difficult. In other variations, we can win more easily and certainly learning a different game makes sense example Razz. In Razz I'm good. I play HORSE only for entertainment and I rarely play it. I don't like Stud. Imo HORSE is reserved only for professionals of other varieties poker and should not be recommended and played by new inexperienced players! HORSE is trap to young players! This's a Trojan's HORSE that scrupulously devours young fish and donks! :D

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do not expect the high popularity of HORSE. This version of the tournament is not laid out in modern ideas about the "Poker Ecology", because most new players simply do not know how to play RAZZ or Stud. In the article, it is well-mentioned as an opportunity to steal the blind or win hands with players who do not understand the rules of the game. But we will be realists - there are very few HORSE tournaments.

However, a good poker player must be able to play different kinds of poker. This develops thinking. And in such tournaments here you can win easy money.

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Excellent approach. I like HORSE as it reminds me a lot of my early playing days. In Greece we play a game with almost any imaginable variation and a short deck, we call "poka".
A very attractive feature of this game is the constant change, so you never get bored. On the other hand, as stated in the article, it needs a widespread set of playing skills, so it is difficult.

P.S. I think that the first ever tournament I won was a HORSE one, in the PSO games.
Cheers!

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoy any variation of Holdem

Have played horse since 05 on and off thanks to various online sites. If I remember correctly I first played it on FTP before the crap hit the fan.

It helped me to be a better all round player I believe. Haven't seen it lately except in PS hone games on CC

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have played HORSE most of the times through cardschat home games. It is an exciting game, because of the five poker versions, but this can be a problem too, because if you had some winings and a good course in one of the poker types, after a few hands it will stop from moving to the next version.Generally it is a nice game and a great excercise!

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fyoure going to have carnival games in poker I guess this is the best, Its like the beer samplier at the local pub, you get a little flavor of all

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I really like to play HORSE. I do think that the article is right in stressing not to slow play hands and most of the time you are not going to get people to fold at the end. I would say that if you are playing HORSE with CC members, don't hope they will become confused when the game changes.

S

step055

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Horse is a great way to train poker skills. I haven't tried it yet but I've read a lot. I am going to try Holdem for the fist time- so, thank you for this useful information)))

veritasi

veritasi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i can play holdem and omaha, but other three is is the dark forest for me, few years ago i started to learn them but it hadn't any result, i think,when i became better in holdem i'll start learning others.

vovqa93

vovqa93

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HORSE

I don't play HORSE, but now for sure can say, this is the way for poker players who lost some interest or motivation into poker. (Like me right now*):(. This is the way to play different games, and with HORSE you should keep concentration on level.

Don't know about strategy, at all, nowadays poker is tuff at all, just bluff at possible spots :D:elefant:

Nelson1712

Nelson1712

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This mode is played only once in pokerstars, it is quite attractive but there are 2 games between them that I would prefer to stay away during those modalities that are Razz and Eights or better (7-stud Hi / Lo)

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey, the truth that in this game mode'm new, but interested me the article about Horse. Because it is changing in different variants of poker games every time you turn the table. And it's a good way to improve poker skills. It would be very good if a Horse Championship is played at the club Cardschat. regards

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for guide! I know , that I have to study all varieties of poker games for best understanding the discipline, that I play. But the main factor, that stops me is lack of tournaments (HORSE Poker etc.) in poker rooms...

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not consider myself a pro but play all the modalities, what I did not know was how often the game was changed, so very good data for me.
the truth that a lack of attention can put you in trouble.
usually where else I open my hands is in texas or razz, everything varies according to my stack and the quality of the opponents.
For me it is very important to strengthen in at least one of the modalities

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Horse is a very good stategie , but it s only made for pro players . beginners can t win in this type of game . Horse is very good because of the variaty of games . Anyway if u want to become a pro poker player , u must know how to play all the differents games .

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What can I say? My knowledge of the rules is limited to Hold'em and Omaha. I remember the tournament for our community ... and I want to laugh. After all, I allowed all the errors that are listed in this article! ))) It's fun, of course, but on the other hand I need to spend more time learning and practicing in other types of poker. Thank you for the article!

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch JCarvers past horse, and 8 game streams. He teaches a lot.