How to play HORSE: Strategy and Guide

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll be honest with you, I admire Holdem poker, Omaha I've played more, I'm not much of a fan. These other modalities I can not dedicate myself at the moment to learn because I think it would interrupt my evolution, I admire very much who plays, who knows in the future I can dedicate to learn, but today I am focused to study Texas Holdem. I would love to be able to share some tips on the sport, but it is not easy. Congratulations there is that plays, but really find it complicated.

S

santiago matias

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
one time i played a tournament with horse rules but i didnt know ti until i buy in, the only time i made some chips was with the nlhem game, i dont like the hi lo games, its very tricky

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im familiar with all the games that's in HORSE, I don't really like it though lol , I don't know why I play this, I usually just wait for HoldEm and RAZZ to be switched , not much of a STUD and Omaha player. I know how to play them , but Im just not interested

Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Awesome. Now I have some guideline to play HORSE better.
But it will remain a very hard game to master.
I will probably stick to HORSE freeroll.

D

dubois45

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love playing HORSE. I agree that you can take advantage and get ahead if you are proficient in all five games. I just can't find the games anywhere. Being from the U.S. is a hinderance.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I love to play beyond NLH and PLO, I have played a looooooooot of games includind HORSE, but I don't know a strategy to play it profitably. It is very useful talk about this game. I know a platform that offers freerolls of a big variety of games and I could try tem there, it's very funny.

Last edited:
bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
very many years ago on full tilt poker this format of the game was quite popular. in these freerolls was very fun to play, rarely well-versed how to play razz and stad. the field consisted of 4,000 players with a prize pool of $100. I've even made it to good places a couple of times. it is a pity that now such freerolls are not held. nostalgia for the old days.

T

Top Top

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Though I have played many times and won even some of the Horse games I played on Vanessa Kade online Home games for play money I still find the game a little bit confusing and needs a lot of concentration and to shift and gear from Aggressive to slow play.
HORSE is a Tough game

CadoARAJ

CadoARAJ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did not played HORSE ever. I only play holdem and omaha. Reading the article, I realized how crazy and fun can be this game and, for sure, can make we improve our poker skills and versatility.
I think this game must be very good to avoid us of any mental desease, like dementia and alzheimer, due to the mix type of game, that is constantly changed each 9 hands are played when we are at full ring.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Horse freerolls for qualifying

I don't play HORSE because I only know bare minimum about razz and 7 card stud, but I did enjoy it when I participated in Cardschat mixed game competition.

In the strategy article there's written razz and stud are games of showdown. I guess then math oriented players will do far better than others in these type of games.

I would definitely participate in another mixed games tournaments as long as I don't have to risk real money :top:

I used to play HORSE on pokerstars when they still had the weekly $2000 prize money tournaments that you could qualify for by playing different poker variations. Example: top 64 qualify for weekend event. I qualified more times playing HORSE than hold-em.

chezzzi_qwe

chezzzi_qwe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no idea how to play this "horse"
:rolleyes:It would be better not read the topic ... The interest knows no bounds, and he was not interested, I do not have time.
In learning to play HORSE, thank you)))))):D:D:D;)

Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not Fan of this games It does requires Lot of skill and knowledge of the all 5 games is really hard for me I can barely play Holdem and Little of Omaha I've seen this types of tournaments on Pokerstars I remember when I first started playing play one of this games and was crazy like what happen here lol obviously was with play money... I think this games is for player who loved all the five games not for me

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love mixed games, I wish one of the CC tournaments would be a H.O.R.S.E format[emoji3]

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never had any interest in learning these games until one night I signed up for an 8game tournament thinking that I had signed up for a Texas hold'em tournament, it was very sad to realize that I had no chance since I not even know the rules.
when the tournament ended, I realized that some interesting games
like Omaha Hi / Lo Razz and others, and from the article's thought of being less popular games, I think investing in them is good.

ELPRIIINCIPE

ELPRIIINCIPE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I, very little have played HORSE, it seems a very entertaining game to play several mocalities at once, and although I find this game very funny, I have to confess that I only take action at the table when we move to Holdem and Omaha because the razz I do not I understand it very well, I will soon take some razz lessons.

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Well it seems a little interesting but I'm not a big fan of the game is just too confusing changing the game every time I like Holdem and if I start playing I would like to finnish with the same game I think it isn't for me maybe I'm still new in the poker world but holdem is the best for now I will hold to that.. for now I could only try Six plus holdem or Short deck is one of the games that has caught my interest

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I don't play HORSE and/or Omaha Hi/Lo as much as I should. I have played this variations a few times with really good results.
Dunno why I still play Holdem the most, I guess I should try for a time play nothing but this 2 games to see how it goes.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I play horse sometimes to mix it up. O8 and Razz are my strengths those are two variants I try to accumulate chips in. Not to bad at stud hi/lo either. Holdem is my greatest downfall not too good at the limit holdem. Early in horse mtt I get bored as I usually do in big bet games cause the small bet is so cheap and people play all sort of crappy hands.

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like to play HORSE. With small experience in 8-mix games which I have got being the Cardschat member and took part in one of CC events, I have focused to the Stud and Razz. These are decent games that requested broad understanding of the poker. Regarding the HORSE itself, it seems to me it's easy to get chips in Fixed Holdem as well as to lose. Razz requests the selectability of the hands and this is key aspect of this type of poker to be on wining side. PLO8 is always omaha). Stud is greatest!I advice you to try HORSE. This is very nice combination of the games that you will appreciate it.

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I love to play HORSE because of the Stud and Razz elements within it, where I feel comfortable, but it is always tricky to keep good tempo and win most of the hands!
I have my own range of hands to enter in battle for all 5 types of poker. Omaha hi/low is much better then just Omaha, as here you could chase the low hand and still win the hi hand, too :p
Nice game :top:

jwood224

jwood224

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played a little bit,I am by no means an expert on the game but i know that you would be surprised by how many people sitting at a HORSE table aren't actually familiar with the rules of the games,my advice would be paying attention on all the games

Ivansito26

Ivansito26

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the HORSE is the most interesting modality of poker because you learn from these 5 modalities that almost nobody plays, most of us play only holdem and omaha, but the horse is the most complete game and to win money you do not need to play with thousands of players since in The current horse tournaments that you can find are few players, and if you master it very well you can win a lot

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I like playing HORSE even though I am shyte at it one important thing I have lernt is to watch for the game changes, I've lost chips I shouldn't have when getting a good holdem hand and not realising that the game changed to RAZZ

:(

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Horse is an interesting form of Poker, I particularly like to be much more aggressive when playing Texas, Omaha and Razz. Already stud, in which I do not have many strategies and abilities, I am more timid. Throwing only extremely strong hands.