how to play for AA

KJoff4u

KJoff4u

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to play aggressive to limit the pot to 3 players max.

I can’t believe how many people limp with AA and see the flop 6 handed then blow up when someone hits...

I agree. However, as someone else alluded, if you are at a table and you have a player or two who consistently raise preflop, sometimes you want to take a chance and let them walk into it by limping, and hoping they raise yet again.

NinjaHands

NinjaHands

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Smart. Always try to get pre all in. But not you. You should lure someone into squeezing after your 3 bet. Or in some stages in tournament you can just call first raiser if after you are 3-4 players still to act. That way someone often squeeze all in and you are good. But most of the time you need to raise, bbut not too big from your usuall raise range or you will seen as having AA or KK. You need to disguise it as much as you can, but also get as much money in before flop. After flop its a whole different thing specially if you are playing against multiple opponents.

Disagree.

It depends.
If it's early in the MTT or STT, and you're not shortstacked, you can slow play it. 3x bet an unopened pot, call a raised pot. I would never fold at this point.
If it's late in the tournament, I would shove if I'm short, but slow play if I'm deep or normal stacked.

I would prefer not to shove ever because you'll most likely beat everyone, and scaring them off would not be profitable.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try and get all the chips in. I find if I play heads up against kings or queens I win. If I float or min bet I usually get beat

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I want to go to the flop heads up if possible because of the equity drop with added opponents, so I use my bet sizing to accomplish that...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Sounds about right. Too many players to the flop makes for too many possible ways for someone to catch up.

M

midoooo90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop 3 bet, if no one resets the flop. And the flop is already depending on the board. If the board is dry, then there is less aggression, and basically I aggressively play with AA, as in the main and all

P

patfreed

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have rarely slow played aces preflop, but the times I have I quickly remember why I don't very quickly when some random hand catches up. Raise

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my friend, I'm lost in AA pair, I'm afraid to bet when this pair comes to me.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always play AA strong and aggressive. I bet big before the flop and follow up with a big continuation bet. I don't always win of course but I think it is the best way to play them. I never slow play my big hands.

Good idea...slow playing pocket aces is playing with fire...you get burned all too often with garbage hands that stay in the mix ONLY because YOU let them !!!

You will win more often than not with aggressive/all in play. Remember, a small win beats taking a huge loss.

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of 16 hands with pair that e seen in 3 days 14 were lost, why does this happen? Either way, it gets lost. How do you play your AA pair?

some when they get AA limp in, when they do that more players end up in the hand. When that happens, the odds of winning the hand goes down. You have to raise pre flop so that you can isolate 1 player, then your odds of winning the hand goes up to 80%.

I

Ian mcdonough

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play aces no differently from any other hand I raise personally. Is there any point in going all in with 50-100BB and having everyone fold? 2.5x is my size sometimes 2.75 from early position

rodrigo1972

rodrigo1972

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have to play hard .. preflop open raise of 3BB and cbet al flop