how to play for AA

L

Litosfrank17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of 16 hands with pair that e seen in 3 days 14 were lost, why does this happen? Either way, it gets lost. How do you play your AA pair?

R

RunoMont

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
super aggressive

your AA get weak of other players improve their hands and its very common. unless you want to take chances seen the flop and if you improve your AA with a set without taking chances with possible flush draws than you can try to get as much money from your oponents
otherwise go super aggressive before flop.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Smart. Always try to get pre all in. But not you. You should lure someone into squeezing after your 3 bet. Or in some stages in tournament you can just call first raiser if after you are 3-4 players still to act. That way someone often squeeze all in and you are good. But most of the time you need to raise, bbut not too big from your usuall raise range or you will seen as having AA or KK. You need to disguise it as much as you can, but also get as much money in before flop. After flop its a whole different thing specially if you are playing against multiple opponents.

L

Litosfrank17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
me in bottom all in, two more pay 10 j pair 88 they make me troo of 88 hahaha you do not know what to do

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Indeed, a pair of AA cards loses quite often-when a lot of players are revealed. But I play with this couple always aggressively.

A

aj43615

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i do what mikeloti13 said...i raise and try to get the next few to go all in or reraise me...then once it gets back to me from the reraise i hit all-in....i hate playing AA once everyone sees flop....i have lost to 2 pairs on the flop with AA to many times...i lost to a 4-3 offsuit once after the flop going all in...

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Aggressive-all in!When I tried to earn more chips by raising,wrong steps were quite a lot!

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Aggressive

I always play AA strong and aggressive. I bet big before the flop and follow up with a big continuation bet. I don't always win of course but I think it is the best way to play them. I never slow play my big hands.

D

da22duke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to play aggressive to limit the pot to 3 players max.

I can’t believe how many people limp with AA and see the flop 6 handed then blow up when someone hits...

Ruminate

Ruminate

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to go to the flop heads up if possible because of the equity drop with added opponents, so I use my bet sizing to accomplish that...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always try to be aggressive pre flop. Pushing people out is far better than losing everything bc you can't lay down AA.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with AA pair, you should play more aggressively than you think. These are excellent initial letters; then in a game with a full table, try to press the players with weaker hands to leave or force them to pay more to stay.

frajola211

frajola211

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually bet half of my pre-flop stack and the turn all inn

frajola211

frajola211

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
river

I see a lot of players complaining about the river of the ps ... what you players have to tell me about this subject

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA is not a guarantee that you win, only the best hand is preflop.The best game is to play aggressively with such hands.Beginner players often play with premium hands too passively, this is a mistake.So there is no guarantee that you will win,but you can put your opponents in a difficult situation if you play aggressively.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just playing AA in plus is not enough. We must always make sure that we win the most with aces when we are ahead, and of course avoid AA comparisons with sets that have been closed on the river by the flush, etc.
AA is always nuts preflop, so play it properly. I mean open-raised, three-betting, and if someone gave you a chance to compare pre-flop - of course do it.

Open with a raise. If there were limpers, isolate them (4-5bb on average). If there was a raise, do 3bet (about 3-4 times his raise). If you were given 3bet, put 4bet, to 23bb, and gladly call it push. If he calls my 4bet, automatically put all-in on any flop (unless, of course, we play not in dip stacks of 400bb).

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of 16 hands with pair that e seen in 3 days 14 were lost, why does this happen? Either way, it gets lost. How do you play your AA pair?

16 hands is a very small show to draw conclusions, play AA, have to play forward, betting to extract the maximum, AA, is + EV, not the quantum to that. The fact is to have your opponent read and put him in a range, and to do when he tricked, how much the board is all favorable to him, then there is not why I bet, goes from check, check. I'm sure that at a 1000 AA hands, at least 70% will win you.

KJoff4u

KJoff4u

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

My guess? not betting enough to push all players out preflop.

When you have AA you can't let people see the flop cheap, but you don't want to push them out either, unless late in the tourney and short stacked....and even then...

Likely you are playing against horrible players that will call any raise with junk, and they get completely lucky. It happens.

But sometimes it seems to happen all to often on certain sites, and almost always on the river.

KJoff4u

KJoff4u

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

One other note, if you have AA, and someone goes all in preflop, do you call? Even in a multiway pot??

In a New York minute!!!

Ok, I got that quote from TJ Cloutier. But I support that comment.

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No secret playing AA.Heavy raise and C bet ,or all in pre flop.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A quick default move if you just absolutely dont know what to do with your aces. Remember it's never the wrong move to go all in pre with AA. May be a bad move in some cases but it's never the WRONG move lol

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
if you have little experience of playing with two aces then just go all-in !!!!

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have come to the conclusion that it depends on the tables that are played. Without microlimites they are more likely to have more villains who accept your bet. If you are playing in tournaments it is also more likely that this happens, in the hands of real money larger than microlimites can play less people. So the fewer opponents you have the better for you. You always have to play AA aggressively to get the most out of it.

R

renanrcv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Be super aggressive in the pre flop to eliminate any opponents with marginal hands. In after flop, change your strategy according to the cards that come.