how to play for AA

G

goten3k

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don't go all in pre with as you need to look at the flop and see if you are still head once the flop comes it is just a par know who you are playing will they fold to a cbet

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of 16 hands with pair that e seen in 3 days 14 were lost, why does this happen? Either way, it gets lost. How do you play your AA pair?

If you are playing no limit then you need to raise enough preflop to isolate 1 or 2 opponents preflop. Just get your stack in somehow....

If you are playing limit then you need to raise as much as you can to try to isolate. Absent of isolating just keep betting and praying!

Good luck !

alar2080

alar2080

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yesterday 100 people before the tournament tournament 3.30 all fold I in the small blind with aces flat raise the big blind with 10Q call, flop JK8 I cotnbet half the pot on bb call, turn Q I check, bet on bet I check to river, riverQ and my floor stack is not every distribution is individual whether I played correctly ...

Sent from my PRA-TL10 using CardsChat mobile app

Everbane

Everbane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I played in the League I fell a pair of AA Well, as usual I go into the game with a mini-raise 5 big bb, but then I flew in All-in well, of course, I had a level card. 5 7 different cards are opened and the dude falls 7 2 7 8 10
And how after this do not call online poker shit? how can you even play all-in with cards 5-7 god ...

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Know how much the odds of winning with aces drops depending on how many players are in the pot. So always try to make it heads up.

Also, if you dont shove preflop and choose to play the flop, now that you dont have a hand like quads but you are winning only one pair type of hands! So dont just go shoving postflop without considering the board and bets.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know how other players play AA, I play well with AA and I normally win on pair AA, I try to play aggressively on this pair to get a good pair, but there are losses in the pair of AA, well, somewhere with 10 times I play well 6-7-8 times AA!

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if Archimedes played poker, he would say - give me AA, and I can overturn the whole world

Honeybuns666

Honeybuns666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm at a really loose table I'll flat my Aces in early position and wait for a raise then reraise. I play them a lot more aggressively if I'm in late position . I guess it all depends on the players at my table.

Mikica1122

Mikica1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aggressive AA with me no slow play go 6-7 BB raise and on the flop i go all in :)

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play super aggressive with AA.

HypnoT0AD

HypnoT0AD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I raise it up pre-flop usually, but if I'm short stacked I shove, depending on other players, position, etc.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With AA its all in pre flop, you want 1 or 2 players to call you, you don't want other players to see the flop for cheap otherwise their hand could improve and they can get lucky and win.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Of course, everything depends on your position at the table. I prefer an aggressive game.

V

voker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think poker is about how to play a specific hand at times. It should be how you play all hands the same way in order to be more tricky and unpredictable. But there are others aspects to take in consideration before making decisions. If you are UTG with 77 and limp, you are shooting yourself in a foot when someone behind make a big raise and you are forced to fold. Or you can do the same with AA and trap someone.

Krypton173

Krypton173

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop: raise/3bet/4bet/all-in
Flop: depends on the boards texture, Dry board bet 1/2. Wet board bet 3/4.
Turn/River: here you usually have a good idea if your beat or not.

The thing is poker is a game of incomplete information and there isn't a fixed formula that applies to all situations.

I can say this, study and play a lot. At some point when you gather experience and find yourself at the tables paying attention to the information flow you will be able to do a high percentage of good plays that will determine if you will be a winner or not.

P

plusman86

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
no slow play
i remember lots of situation with slow play and loosing money. - but not all in at start. Just 3BB and waiting for a fish

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its not a really good hand, counting the odds, but i go all in.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I preflop with AA raise I do not want more than 2 callers

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I see recreational/fun players limp AA and KK and even QQ a lot for some reason and it makes zero since. You should absolutely play AA aggressive pre with a normal open size or 3bet size. if 2 or 3 limpers before you, you need to raise it up a large amount to avoid going to the flop 3 or 4 ways because you can be out flopped by bad hands because most fun players that are limping will limp call a raise 100% of the time so raise big with limpers pre to try and get heads up with AA. Now don't just barrel off on each street. Make sure you give ur opponent a range and mix in checks on the flop if playing vs an aggressive player ect, or bet larger with a player that stations/calls down with any pair.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Go all in and if you get beat, well that's poker.

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If someone else raised before you preflop go all in if not raise the bet with few blinds; anyway in my opinion is always a big mistake to only call the bet before you!!!:fight:

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My AA I playing aggressive for the passive, not bluffing players and passively for aggressive, bluffing players.

KJoff4u

KJoff4u

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm at a really loose table I'll flat my Aces in early position and wait for a raise then reraise. I play them a lot more aggressively if I'm in late position . I guess it all depends on the players at my table.

I second this post. If at a table with players who are too aggressive, let them think you have a weak hand and let them walk into it.

Otherwise, at a table of solid players, you have to raise them up, but not enough to push everyone out.

Yonip17

Yonip17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends to my position. If Im on a early position Ill just raise minimum and wait to someone to reraise, and then I will 4bet...But if Im on late position and someone raise on early position probably no slow play I will 4bet...