How to overcome laziness?

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's silly to say we are Not in control of ourselves,,,we "choose" do do nothing,,,and we "choose" to do something,,, :deal: i choose to do things that improve my life everyday,that way,you have fullfilling life,,, :dancing::thrasher::driver::bebored::beer::rock:

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that having a routine helps. Then you are doing things out of habit without even thinking twice.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think laziness is a feature of a particular person and this is forever

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think to overcome laziness you need to set a goal to reach in all aspects of life, also in poker.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Laziness lives for all of eternity, it's an on going battle that always has the upper hand.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think first you need to have a desire and not just think about it)))

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, the most effective way is planning. To achieve your goal you need to have a clear plan, and work every day to achieve your goals. If you do not have a goal, then you just do not have the dream you really want to achieve.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
In my opinion, the most effective way is planning. To achieve your goal you need to have a clear plan, and work every day to achieve your goals. If you do not have a goal, then you just do not have the dream you really want to achieve.

Not always everything goes according to plan though (even for Hannibal Smith) ...

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
how did you overcome laziness?

effective ways?
[/FONT]

The same way you manage to not poop in your pants.
You make a decision not to do something anymore.

That's it. There is no magic.

Now, if you are "lazy" (your term not mine, as I don't like the term) because you fear failure, rejection, disappointment, etc. That isn't the same thing. In that case, go get some help from a mental health professional.

Otherwise, just make your decision to go do X and then do it.

Sometimes we don't do what needs doing because we "don't care". And that is fine too. If it is a matter of priorities, and you value your down-time, great.

But in the end, the problem is with the term lazy. The term is full of judgement, basically saying that how you value your time is fundamentally flawed and what you decide to do with it is below some accepted standard. Well **** that! You decide what is important. Be honest with yourself and others. Don't be a dick about it or anything. But you only live once, and if reading a book by the fire, or catching sun on the beach, or watching football with a beer (or playing poker) floats your boat, then do it... just do the thing that actually gives you some modicum of joy and/or excitement.

In the end, it is all about priorities. If you truly want something. Get off your butt and go get it. Dreams don't fall into people's laps. They are worked for. If you want a dream, go buy a lottery ticket. Many people say they want to learn a language, play an instrument, visit some faraway place...but never do. They just SAY they want stuff. What they mean is they want to be GIVEN stuff. Big difference.

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Close your screens and devices and go out in nature and spend time there and have a nice walk!

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you really want it you'll find a way, if not you'll find an excuse

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Listen to yourself when you say: GET OFF YOUR ASS!

D

Dangames8282

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
practice of physical exercises and 1 good

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The motivational videos helped me, and the argument with the durga that I would lose 10 kelograms, so I got up and ran in the morning every day.

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all, it's a good sleep, and of course, exercise or jogging.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Except you, no one will force you to do something or not to do something. Lack of money or not being able to please my family is a great stimulus for me.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Every day I try to do things that bring me closer to my goals. Laziness hinders self-realization and, accordingly, the realization of our dreams.

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Motivation comes when your body and mind a healthy state.

First step in that is being well rested as that will improve both. Sleeping 8 hours at least.
Eating health is the second. Make sure you are getting all the vitamins you need. Also to note is never be completely full either. Being full will make you lethargic and reduce you willingness to do anything other than digest.
Finally keep active. While you don't need to work out 8 hours being somewhat active will be the body ticking over.

Naturally you sometimes can't do everything but trying to do as much as possible will go along way to helping creating the factors needed to reduce stagnation and increase motivation.

Just my thought on it.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Laziness must be overcome based on the mental will to act. Every first action should aim for success, whatever it may be. Getting out of mental and physical inertia should be the priority.