How much did you spend before you made profit?

L

lukeellul92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, but a pro starts making profit at a point. He can be on a $20K downswing, but be in profit overall for $100K. I think he means when did you start getting in the green overall.

You're on the money! This is exactly what I mean. Lots of people go through hundreds and hundreds and sometiems thousands of dollars before looking at what they're doing wrong etc etc or before they improve.

Everyones different, just wanting to see where everyone was before they turned a profit.

polandball

polandball

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
twice pay in 10$ online, made 15$ and then lost.

crusinnn

crusinnn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To the o.p I read more profit here than losses which is great but in reality there are very few who actually make a profit in poker. No matter how good you are you will face downtime , variance , bad beats etc. Some will recover some wont but my advise is if you have good bank roll management and patience , you are gurantee to make a profit regardless of the size.

M

MPaz_87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest, I started from 0$, playing every single freeroll available in any time. I made a few dolars after several weeks and I tried to played an MTT with small entry: 0,27$. I end up 2 and won 50$ , after that pokerstars shut down that account because my girlfriend opened a new acount for her with the same IP. They didn't believe that so I've lost that money. I didn't want to start again so I made a deposit in this account and know I'm trying to make it work.

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Losing 1/4 of your bankroll in a day is a big hit. Hope your luck turns back around soon!

Frank Burnette

Frank Burnette

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I invested $75 online (many years ago) and made a profit almost immediately.:)

S

satirist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've invested a few times and woke up with a zero bankroll due to the crippling combination of excessive bourbon consumption and no limit omaha... I discovered a slight odds break in what I play nowadays, so, in addition to grinding and cashing out around 3-5 freerolls a week (for an average of $1.50,) I'm actually catching up to break even overall. Despite the fact that the omaha table is constantly staring at me and laughing, goading me to bring 1/10 of my bankroll a couple times to loosen me up so I up the stakes and rage mash the max bet button... Anyone down for some omaha? : )

Slavuy

Slavuy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In online poker I deposit about 50€ and withdraw same amount. In cash games(wich I prefer) I'm about 200€ in minus.

Alexsandr Kononov

Alexsandr Kononov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From start to play in freerolls, thought anything to win , and later threw $ 10 but lost in the spin & go

T

ThatOneGuy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me I've probably invested close to $20,000 into poker via live games and tourey's. That said, I've probably made close to $150,000 or so. I did learn the hard way though as I would be up a lot and instead of leaving with 3-4x what I bought in with, I'd stay till all my money was gone or I passed out on the table. Typically, it was 36-48 hours. After about a year or two of that, I brought someone with me and they made sure I left when I was up.

B

baxre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing freerolls and never deposit money :)

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before black friday, its somewhat easy to make profit either you spend or not. Now, the game is tough like rock.

G

Gtcsmd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing for years and pretty sure I'm in the negative. I really suck at live games but it's fun so I don't mind.

nastena2992

nastena2992

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my first deposit was $ 10, despite the fact that I was given another $ 20 bonus, I raised to $ 80 and after that what the hand does not come all the losing hand, it seemed very strange to me

cjmoles

cjmoles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lost lots, Won lots, Spent Lots, Saved none!

cjmoles

cjmoles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have an odd phylosophy when it comes to poker. I throw BRM out the window and I leave it ALL out on the felt! It's all "funny money" to me until it has at least four zeros behind the main digit....than I withdraw, have fun, and start over agian! I never deposit more than I can afford to lose, but once it's converted to chips...it's just "funny money" and I play like a maniac until the zero's add up again....Anyway, it's like this: small deposit, maniac, small deposit, maniac, small deposit, four zeros....party! Money is weird because it doesn't have value until it's moved....the faster it's moved the more value it contains....It doesn't really matter what the very bottom line on your balance states but how fast that bottom line swings....really!

Told you I have a weird phylosophy! So, Won lots, Lost lots, spent lots, saved none! LOL

M

mcbogart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pre BF, it was pure profit for me. After BF, I took a 2 year break and the game evolved rapidly and I've been down ever since.

A

Arfer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
After learning how to play with play chips and being quite successful i took the plunge and put $25 into Paradise Poker which i promptly lost but as i had caught the bug i made another deposit of $25 and signed up to the OPT
I got a ticket to a freeroll at the then new Poker.com site and finished 2nd for about $80
This was around 2005/6
I have never had to use my own money since and have had a few nice cashes

lukaszkrzi

lukaszkrzi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never deposited, but it will change soon :p unless I make bankroll from freeroll on pokerstars.

X

Xmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will buy me a new flat. Teh rest is for other tournaments.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before my first withdrawal, I never had deposited. I made my bankroll playing free sit'gos on Everest Poker. But, it was a slow way to build a decent bankroll and I ended up depositing some money afterwards.

D

donkcentralFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have an odd phylosophy when it comes to poker. I throw BRM out the window and I leave it ALL out on the felt! It's all "funny money" to me until it has at least four zeros behind the main digit....than I withdraw, have fun, and start over agian! I never deposit more than I can afford to lose, but once it's converted to chips...it's just "funny money" and I play like a maniac until the zero's add up again....Anyway, it's like this: small deposit, maniac, small deposit, maniac, small deposit, four zeros....party! Money is weird because it doesn't have value until it's moved....the faster it's moved the more value it contains....It doesn't really matter what the very bottom line on your balance states but how fast that bottom line swings....really!

Told you I have a weird phylosophy! So, Won lots, Lost lots, spent lots, saved none! LOL
Think I might have to keep this written down on a piece of paper... This is my exact logic lol and have 2 say it's a pretty good 1 if I personally had more control because it usually does work out!!:D

rawbad

rawbad

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I won a freeroll my first game on fulltilt it was like 5 dollars then was addicted now deposit 50 every 2 months or so but also bet on sports with bankroll