How much monthly income do you want to earn by playing poker?

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course Heaven is the limit.
But I agree with you that $1000 a month would be enough.
Now let's think about how to reach this value:
Considering playing an average of 20 days a month your goal would be $50 a day. So have discipline. Hit $60? Take them off the table and put them in your pocket.
Leave only $10 if you want to continue. There will be days when you won't make the $50. There will be days that will do a lot more. The important thing is the average is at $50 a day.
Okay. We already know how to get to $1000 a month. Now we have to figure out how to get to $50 a day:
I'm trying to find out. Whoever finds out first post here please.

I'm not a cash player at all, I guess there you can make some daily plans about your income, and trying to make the best effort to reach it. :) You know, as long as there're fishes your table, you're supposed to make them pay.

On the MTT side, I don't think you can see your incomes in daily perspective. The tournaments pay-outs only gives credit to the FT or less. Bigger the game, bigger the prizes but also less your chance to go the deepest - variance can be our friend and enemy too. Its just important to choose the tourney right.

Lets suppose you're playing daily 10-20 MTTs capped at 360 players. How many times you're gonna reach top3?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Of course Heaven is the limit.
But I agree with you that $1000 a month would be enough.
Now let's think about how to reach this value:
Considering playing an average of 20 days a month your goal would be $50 a day. So have discipline. Hit $60? Take them off the table and put them in your pocket.
Leave only $10 if you want to continue. There will be days when you won't make the $50. There will be days that will do a lot more. The important thing is the average is at $50 a day.
Okay. We already know how to get to $1000 a month. Now we have to figure out how to get to $50 a day:
I'm trying to find out. Whoever finds out first post here please.

When you figure out how to make that $50/day, you'll understand that your suggested method here is seriously flawed. Until then.. make that fiddy!! gl

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you figure out how to make that $50/day, you'll understand that your suggested method here is seriously flawed. Until then.. make that fiddy!! gl

If he says daily 50$ I'm thinking that until he didn't reach that 50$ he won't stand from the computer. The monthly 1000$ sounds that he can have many days in minus, but some wins and deep runs can actually make him up to 1000$ which worth daily 50$ but not the same time & attitude towards the bankroll management or daily poker in general.

So I meant to reflect to "Okay. We already know how to get to $1000 a month. Now we have to figure out how to get to $50 a day" This part as we don't have to change our working system to another which means completely different constancy.

And as much I can't imagine to seeing my performance in daily limits like profiting each poker-day with this amount (just in bigger times f.e. monthly) I imagined a theory to maybe make it easier to see what is the amount of games and probably which levels to thinking about this plan's success. Or do you have one for it, if you know this ain't working for the MTTs in daily perspective?

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Considering that I play for my own pleasure, my profit is up to $100.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Zero, Zilch, Nada, I never play Poker to make money, I don't need it, being retired I have a decent pension which pay's all the bill's and leaves me with a little left over every month to do the things I want to do, like having the odd day away or even a couple of weeks on vacation.
Poker is just a hobby, and I enjoy playing just for the sake of playing, sure it is nice to win but money is not what drives me to play, it is the thrill of being all-in against someone, or the thrill of setting a trap to beat someone that gives me a buzz.
Winning is everything, but winning money is the furthest thought in my head when I play Poker, I really do not care if I win $1 Dollar or a thousand Dollar's, I just want to win the game, that is what drives me to play.
Money is just the reward for playing well and it keeps me playing for free because every Penny I have in my Bankroll came from Free-rolls and buying in with the money I have already won.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't want to win a certain amount, I just want to win at any tournament. If I play something for every tournament, it's an achievement for me.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All i want: is to win big once. By saying big i mean 25k+.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My goal is to have a monthly income starting at $2,000 playing poker. But at the moment I'm a long way from reaching that goal. I have to train and study a lot about poker to have the success I want and a good amount of money in my account.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I am not 'livin in a van down by the river' I make enough.

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today, a play poker for my hobby.

I don’t think for this game for a profission. But won’t to put money for my fun.

I want win some freerolls for my bankroll. After, maybe I can to play other table with more difficult.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.It would be nice if I could win $1,000 per month.With that income I could help my family more than I ´ve done the last years.I could also travel somewhere,not necessary abroad,Iquitos(we had great vacations there when I was a child) or the beautiful Cusco would be great.I´ve never been to Machu Picchu.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't really know if I put a limit on how much I wanted to earn. The truth, as you say, the more human beings have, the more they want. I see the PS ambassadors and they make around 18K a month, I think that figure would not be bad at all, I also think that if I were to win a big prize like 1M usd, that would be the end of my poker career and I would dedicate myself to knowing the world.

Papadejro

Papadejro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, monthly poker income is not something what I'm chasing. I'm wealthy enough, but any earnings are better than noone. Especially when it means that I'm winning

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Always wanting more is not about being human, but rather about lacking discipline while seeking real happiness in acquiring stuff.

My objective is not to become rich, but rather to achieve financial freedom.
And here's where discipline is key.
As a financially independent man you have to obey some thresholds instead of constantly raising your standards.
I'm sure that this goal can hardly be achieved by playing poker for fun. I mean, with poker, yes, but for fun, no. Knowing that you HAVE to play in order to earn for a living would take the fun out of it.

Nevertheless, with some good, well-thought investments one can achieve this objective, especially nowdays within the crypto world. (investing, not trading)

Now to answer your question, I think $5k-$10k per month would be enough, not only to live well but mostly to also do some good for the society and planet.
I think that everybody should want to leave something great behind.

In my opinion, long-term investments in cryptocurrency are too risky. I hold more conservative views and such a risk is not acceptable to me. But I'm only talking about long-term investments.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am just trying not to lose too much. There is little chance I will be making money from poker. If one month I win a little bit, I lose it the next.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When you find out how to win $50/day, you will understand that your method suggested here is seriously flawed. Until then.. make that fiddy!! gl

I'm curious to know where the plan I've proposed fails. And also in knowing your most efficient counterproposal. After all, I would seriously like to succeed in maintaining a steady average of $1000 per month. After hitting $140 in cash table profit in less than 2 hours and then watching all that money melt away, I realized that just as important as knowing the game concepts, having patience and self-control, knowing when to get up from the table is also imperative.

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1000 a month would be pretty ideal

YRAGAGARIN

YRAGAGARIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, all participants should strive for 10 percent,

In my opinion, all participants should strive for 10 percent, in the long run

A

ALLRUS79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winning poker players at stakes like NL2, NL5 and NL10 can expect to make around $100 - $500 per month. Winning poker players at higher stakes like NL25, NL50 and NL100 can make significantly more though, between $750 and $2000 per month. Rakeback and bonuses will often add hundreds of dollars more.

Alex.

K

KITAYAWA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to reach the level of $1500 per month, but for now I really count on $700 and this is when playing 6-8 hours a day)

funnyhook3

funnyhook3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$1000 would be enough for me to start with, but I don't play that much poker. To beat all variance in a tournament with 1000+ players and constantly be in the best prizes

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I will be glad to play any amount in plus, since I still have a stable income in my main job, and in general, if the profit in poker exceeds the main income, then it will be possible to more actively engage in my development as a professional poker player