How Many Poker Variants can you play competently

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm willing to play any type of poker. If it's a new game to me, I'm definitely going to study up and try to learn about the game before putting any money at stake. The "Big Game" at the Bellagio is a mix game, so if you ever want to play in that game, you better be good at multiple games.
;)

L

Lieutenant_OH7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I'm not bad at Stud alltho I only played it once, it was hi/lo though and that confused me, so just prefer the normal stud. So only that one & Holdem, oh ye 7card stud i meant..
Never been a fan of Omaha, think is harder to read game as well.

BenImortal

BenImortal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hola. Sé jugar todas las variantes de póker que se encuentran en las estrellas de póker, de hecho las jugué todas. pero por dinero real solo juego holdem y omaha hola, en realidad gané un torneo omaha con recompensa. Los otros tipos de póker que he jugado con dinero ficticio. Pero creo que para tener buenos resultados tienes que jugar uno o dos tipos de póker. eso es lo que hago
Julio on this part of the forum you may only reply in English. Please follow the forum rules. There is a thread for Spanish speakers and you can reply on Spanish there (https://www.cardschat.com/forum/intros-foreign-languages-8/spanish-hilo-en-espa-ol-para-385157/).
Julio en esta parte del foro solo puede responder en inglés. Por favor, siga las reglas del foro. Hay un thread para hispanohablantes y puedes responder en español allí (https://www.cardschat.com/forum/intros-foreign-languages-8/spanish-hilo-en-espa-ol-para-385157/).

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can only play NLH and PLO. I used to enjoy 5 card draw but certainly wouldn't say I was competent at it although I did FT a freeroll once

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
About 5-7 years ago there was an opportunity to play freerolls in all types of games. Even such exotic as Irish poker, Courchevel, Badugi, all kinds of seven-card poker, etc. It was interesting.

Courchevel (Pot and No Limit) and Badugi (Limit) are still spread on pokerstars (not sure where you are located though, so it might not be available to you).

I remember Irish Poker on Full Tilt before Stars Group retired that software. It was a neat game to play, though I'm unaware of it being spread anywhere online, though some Euro-based sites may possibly have it as a variant, but I don't play on those sites (ie: Winimax).