How Many Poker Variants can you play competently

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also really like Chinese Poker, I play Open Faced Chinese poker online.
Have you ever played it irl. It seems a bit difficult to me to play it irl, you need 3 decks of cards and have to count alot.

Oh no. I play exclusively online. In my country there are some legal difficulties with the organization of the game for money (Americans are also familiar with it). But there are several online poker rooms online where you can play open Chinese poker cash games and even tournaments.

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have recently joined the new poker site that give freerolls in many of these exotic card games, but I have not seen the sites offering the real money competitions in these. I have learned to play Horse, Low, Stud and some other ones, well even Badugi, but it is hard to say if I am any good in any of them.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I give 100% that many here did not even play these games: badusi, badeisi, Telesina, pineapple (china poker), Caribbean stud, 10-11 games, loball mixed, the clearest game in my opinion is R. O. S. (mix Razz, FL Omaha8, stud8), the game was created on the old full tilt. I'm prefer to play for real money only limit games, excluding the NL 2-7 SD:rock:

D

domfudao

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play texas holdem only
Others i dont like

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned how to play Hold'em, Omaha, Omaha Hi-Lo, and I learned how to play Chinese Pineapple Poker, but I also want to learn how to play Badugi

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty much all of them, Badugi being my weakest game. Love to play HORSE....

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like diversity... I think I master enough Hold'Em, Omaha and Omaha Hi/Lo.

But when I do multi-variant turnament, I think I'm tight enough in other variant to win more than my share.

I know the rules of everything I play of course...

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really only play Texas hold'em seriously. Sometimes I can indulge in Omaha, the other varieties of poker for me are far, even the rules do not know all.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I play poker for about one year and I prefer a classic Hold'em. Now, basically I play in freerolls and SnG tournaments.

V

Vasilii813

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Message 4

I can Do three kinds of hold'em, Omaha, and five-card. Other species do not play me they are uninteresting and may just not delve

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flop all of 1 suit about 5 %, two suited cards 55 %, none suited 45 %. Since the board flops two suited 55 % of the time I think that answers your question.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice question, to be honest: zero, none
more detailed:
- holdem: poor
- PLO: very bad

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just play Holdem and Omaha, I already play HORSE (Holdem, Omaha, Razz, Stud and Eight-or-better), but I dont know very well, I probably won chips because other players know less. When I first started studying, I preferred to focus on holdem.

S

stripe999

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
stud ho/lo

As most sites are mainly geared around Texas no limit hold'em it got me wondering how many variants others know how to play. Are you hold'em only or are you well rounded?

I can play Hold'em, Omaha both hi and hi/lo, Razz, Seven card stud + hi/lo and I'm currently teaching myself badugi.

How about you?

I actually mainly play stud hi/lo - I feel the additional information and options makes it more interesting. That limits me to one tournament a day on pokerstars. Are there other sites that offer it?

G

GrannySmit77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried all of them, just to try them out. Some are a bit outdated ( 5 card draw) and it's difficult to find action for them. Anyway, the big money in tournaments is playing texas hold'em, that's why I didn't try to improve my skills for the other games.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of all I like to play Hold'em. This is my favorite hobby. I try to become a successful player and improve my skills, so I do not have time to play other games.

K

Karl Hernandez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Besides of NL Holdem i consider myself caoable of playing Omaha(H/L) and Razz poker

While also beeing mediocre at Stud.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mostly I play hold'em, not bad in Omaha and Omaha hi lo.Tried to play stud but I did not like it.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to learn to play at least Texas no limit hold'em. I don't think about other types of poker. :)

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I have several options for diversity. Except Hold'em, I also like Omaha, Horse and Badugi.
Good luck.

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Competently? Not really any... but I try my best at NL.

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play always holdem and sometimes omaha (once a week a freeroll from my country). When I get to read or watch videos, it's always holdem.

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As most sites are mainly geared around Texas no limit hold'em it got me wondering how many variants others know how to play. Are you hold'em only or are you well rounded?

I can play Hold'em, Omaha both hi and hi/lo, Razz, Seven card stud + hi/lo and I'm currently teaching myself badugi.

How about you?

While my best game is definitely holdem I'm not too bad at PLO. And I can hold my own at seven card stud. Not very proficient at the hi/lo stuff yet. And am currently learning 2-7 triple draw

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I play only holdem without limit later maybe I could play omaha but for the moment I'm fine like that .. I still can not stabilize myself with texas holdem like to be able to play other ways !!! regards..