How many hours of playing poker is suggested ?

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It depends on a lot of factors like age and health and how much fun you have playing poker and what you play cash sng or mtt. With cash and sng you can limit yourself to about 3 hours, but when it comes to mtt then this is only possible if you are satisfied with just itm. But if you want to reach the ft then this can take much longer than just 3 hours. That's why you should choose carefully what you want to play so that you can deal with the passage of time. But there is nobody who can tell you how long it is best to play because everyone has their own needs and therefore everyone has to find out for themselves how long playing poker is good for them. And you should only play poker for that long

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I find that the most common playing time is 2-3 hours for beginners. Then, as you gain experience, you can stretch 4 hours. And, therefore, when you are sure that you can play for 7-9 hours. But it plays mostly regular poker earnings.

Moroccanbluff26

Moroccanbluff26

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hours

Well I’m trying to be reach the addiction stage to I basically play around 3 to 4 hours and I do play Sit n go’s or daily tournaments

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I usually play 5 hours a day. In my opinion, one session should optimally be 8 hours, no more. But you also need to take into account the physiological characteristics of your own body and never force yourself to play by force.

I

intheline

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same feeling, but I know I'm wrong in that thought, because what determines winning in poker is volume, so the more volume we have the more profitable we become. But unfortunately I can't have the volume necessary to consider myself profitable.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

You should be making 1 bb per half hour at least. if not what is the point of putting in all the time. playing tired is the worst thing in poker. On the other hand, if you have a good read on the table, are dominating, and there are a couple of fish. stay till you clean them out.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I recommend playing poker 4-5 hours a day and 40 hours a week.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also noticed that the best results are obtained in the first hours of the game from one to three hours, this is of course in a cash game, in tournaments, as you understand, time goes completely differently.
Probably this is due to your physical and psychological condition, after a few hours of playing, general fatigue affects and your level of play worsens.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that playing poker for long hours can be frustrating, in the long run, the results not gonna be profitable, I myself tried playing poker even for 8-12 hours per day but I did not get a suitable result, some times playing poker online only for a short period of time have a better result for me even 1-2 hours I could make my buy in 7 times more
I typically play three to six hours a day, broken up into two or three sessions. Any more than that and I start feeling burned out, but that's just me. I'm beyond my prime so if you're young and healthy with plenty of vigor, then go for it. Extend the playing time while you're winning, quit when you're losing and return after a good rest.

nachopaulo

nachopaulo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
As I play tournaments I don't have a set amount of hours to play, so if the tournament is going well it can take a few good hours.

N

Nusya

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You can play as much as you have enough effort and time.

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that it is advisable to play between 8 to 10 hours of poker to improve and train your brain, It will also depend on your availability to play every day

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that playing poker for long hours can be frustrating, in the long run, the results not gonna be profitable, I myself tried playing poker even for 8-12 hours per day but I did not get a suitable result, some times playing poker online only for a short period of time have a better result for me even 1-2 hours I could make my buy in 7 times more
Anything except can be harmful, but team is also a very personal issue, everyone has a thermometer. When the satisfaction of playing is gone, it's already a sign to rest

N

Nusya

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I also noticed that the best results are obtained in the first hours of the game from one to three hours, this is of course in a cash game, in tournaments, as you understand, time goes completely differently.
Probably this is due to your physical and psychological condition, after a few hours of playing, general fatigue affects and your level of play worsens.
I agree. A lot of poker is also hard and hard to concentrate.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
cash games? 5-6 hours i think tournaments? depends how long you stay in the tourney can be 15min can be 12+ hours

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
hello I play about 2 or 3 hours a day I play more effective than tournaments due to time issues

Majaloja

Majaloja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Currently I'm only playing two tournaments a day, the cardschat one at 3pm and another payout with micro buys. And if I'm good at things, it could be about 6 hours.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.I dont like that my poker sesdions last many hours , especially during the night.I enjoy more playing in the afternoons .WhenI play more hours I feel tired and can make some mistakes.That is why,I put an end to the session when I feel that way

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
For me, the best way to play is inversely proportional, that is, the higher the buy-in, the fewer hours of play.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
from 3-5 hours of playing poker is considered the norm if you play more, you will get tired and you will lose less it’s not even worth playing you need to play from 3-5 hours a day, this is enough to increase your profit

Mimo..Mach

Mimo..Mach

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Play as long as you have free of commitments. I play 5 or 6 hours when I'm free but it is recommended to play one tournament per day if you are worried that you are too involved in the game and take away important things from your life. Look for balance and enjoy because Poker gives you joy, especially when we win!

HungarianBoy

HungarianBoy

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
I think it varies from person to person, because some people like (spingo) 1vs2, it ends almost immediately, it's worth pushing until we become profitable and set a certain amount, so that when we reach it, the poker is over, and there is, who likes cash games. it is still worth pushing as long as we are profitable. and most players participate in long tournaments with multiple participants (turbo or normal), I can advise that there is no set number of hours of poker recommended, pay attention, play poker in any tournament until the balance goes below. and as long as your leisure permits, if you are profitable, fix an amount, and when you reach it, relax. and continue on another day.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Nobody can tell you how long you should play every day. It is individual. I'm tired after 5-6 hours of playing and I make mistakes, Maybe someone else doesn't and they can play for a few more hours.

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends on each person, I consider that the time limit is as long as you are attentive