How many hours of playing poker is suggested ?

G

Genep66

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really don’t enjoy playing over 3hrs. I’m content with quick games for smaller amounts!

Ragonesi

Ragonesi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker until I feel really tired or if I feel I`m on a lose streak, I don't care much about the time I`m spending, but actually what I`m doing with that time...

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play as much as I can stay in front of the computer. I enjoy the game immensely and do love to play the game. Whether I win or lose it's all enjoyable. Good luck to all.

Beatlebug

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Usually, I play as much as I want. Of course, it all depends on how much free time there is. But on average I play 4-5 days a week for 3-5 hours a day. That's enough for me.

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to win real, you must play between 10 hours to 12 hours a day, and so on, because the money cycles are long

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
my opinion is like 3-4 hours, possibly a little more if you manage to advance in the final stages of a tournament:)

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
They say 10000 hours is how long it takes to become and expert...soooo...

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think 3-4 hours are enough, except weekends when i can play a bit more...
But as i am a casual player, it is not mandatory to play every day. It is important to balance work, social life, and entertainment.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't think you should play tired in any case, because fatigue leads to loss and frustration. You can play for one hour or 8 hours, it all depends on your desire or inspiration. I usually play 4-5 hours a day.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think you should play when you want to. If you play for a long time, it is clear that fatigue will accumulate and the quality of decisions will be worse.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s clear that everyone is playing as much as they like, but I think successful poker players play 8-12 hours instead of a few hours to offset the variance caused by the scatter and so the result comes out.
I don’t remember exactly but in the past Elky had an attempt to play 10-20 thousand hands in X time (maybe 6-12 tables at a time) and it would be profitable. I think he just got away with it for a small profit, maybe.
The example mentioned above isn’t accurate because I don’t know exactly how it was, but the point is that no matter how good or high the variance is in poker and it can be offset by the large amount of play.
Of course, one can find big prizes quickly (for example, sat for a big tournament and fantastic run in this tournament and win ... etc.), but the more common is that success comes with practice and perseverance. Maybe. :)

luckyhenri

luckyhenri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
12 hours a day, then you really start getting into it :D

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that playing poker for long hours can be frustrating, in the long run, the results not gonna be profitable, I myself tried playing poker even for 8-12 hours per day but I did not get a suitable result, some times playing poker online only for a short period of time have a better result for me even 1-2 hours I could make my buy in 7 times more

This depends on the individual, but I agree with you that shorter sessions are better.

I play for fun/enjoyment and the little bit of "holiday money" poker provides.

I find that by shifting my mindset towards enjoyment/improvement and away from financial results, I can play these short sessions and not worry about "how much more I could be making." This is often an illusion which leads to "the grind."

I try to avoid the grind. ;)

E

effece

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
that depends on the attention capacity of each one, and also the physical state influences, and it varies if you play cash or mtt

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
This depends on the individual, but I agree with you that shorter sessions are better.

I play for fun/enjoyment and the little bit of "holiday money" poker provides.

I find that by shifting my mindset towards enjoyment/improvement and away from financial results, I can play these short sessions and not worry about "how much more I could be making." This is often an illusion which leads to "the grind."

I try to avoid the grind. ;)
Well said, I completely agree, and I think that only when you enjoy the game, luck accompanies you.

K

Knockofff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
12 hours a day

I think in order to become great one should play atleast 12 hours a day

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
horas de juego

hello. I think it depends on what you want to achieve and what kind of tournaments you play. If you play cash and want to win money, you have to put in a lot of hands and that takes a lot of hours. per day. That's why I play MTT and I can get there in 3 or 4 hours. per day

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As long as it takes to become good enough to win. There is a point where do have to say, I just do not have the skill needed to be a winning player, so just have fun with friends. That's where I am at LOL. You can also enroll in a good teaching program like UPSWING Poker if you are serious about poker.

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you're playing a tournament, the longer the better, the closer you get to the final table.:cool:

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like doing sessions of 3-4 hours when playing cash games.
That's when I find I'm typically at my sharpest.

I'll do longer hours if playing in a tournament, because as Djon25 said, the longer i'm playing the closer I am to getting the final table :)

Spielkind

Spielkind

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4h aday--some Match Poker dayly and maybe longer if i get a deeprun

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that 2-3 hours of poker a day is enough.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If this is a cash game, then you need to play sessions for 2-3 hours. Then take a break. And again

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not sure what the correct amount is, but the more poker you play the more physical exercise you should get.