How good a bluff does it have to be to be believed?

xaj9x

xaj9x

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you all for your replies[emoji3]
Judging by your answers and my experience, I conclude that bluffing is a powerful weapon in the hands of a professional player who understands what type of bet, thinks in ranges and understands who is playing against him, and also has a good reputation at the table[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Timing is key as well as how your playing at the time

Hello community[emoji106][emoji16] I noticed that players tend not to believe in bluffing, you do everything to make them believe, well, they still don't believe[emoji16]How often do you get to bluff? And do they always believe you?

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The one who bluffs well will win) I have 50/50 someone believes someone does not

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello community[emoji106][emoji16] I noticed that players tend not to believe in bluffing, you do everything to make them believe, well, they still don't believe[emoji16]How often do you get to bluff? And do they always believe you?

Bluffing is part of the game of poker, but as I only play freerolls, I don't use bluffing much in my game, as the vast majority of players at this level are recreational and will call everything, especially if their image is worn out at the table. Have a good game.:)

H

Hedz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the table and level of play your at, freerolls I always find hard to bluff whereas paid into tournaments are so much easier

P

Panda19977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s about timing, if the enemy shows weekness I do bluff. But also to strong players is I block cards some time

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
big stack - and almost everyone believes the bluff

Spatriota

Spatriota

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
bluffing

Bluffing is part of the game of poker, but as I only play freerolls, I don't use bluffing much in my game, as the vast majority of players at this level are recreational and will call everything, especially if their image is worn out at the table. Have a good game.:)

There are usually players who usually warn that they are going to bluff. They're betting big on all of them. Until you get your success with a player, but when they fit their game it's complicated to risk and they are running out of time to the maximum to attract their prey. Oh, bet everything and win. But you have to be lucky and count on her too.

alison

alison

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the timing and amount of the bet counts a lot for the bluff to work

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the player. Some player will look you up even with the lowest pair or Ace high. And some players might fold a decent hand if they believe your story. But often, I see calls more than folds to my bluffs.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Low stack all the way

Timing, the player you are against, size of bet, etc etc, everything of people said counts. For me the most successful way to bluff is against low stacks players, they tend to just call hand made high. Deep stacks players are way harder to bluff.:jd4:

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
must be good enough for your opponent to believe. Based on the trends he presented during the game, or on his statistics if you use Hud (support software):)

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
A bluff doesn't have to be good or bad, it just has to be consistent with the play you're making.

cferdi

cferdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

You mean believe you have the hand that you are representing? You are the bluffer? Wow, I find it hard enough o get anyone to believe when I have the nuts!!! Great paypay when you have the best hand and it pays, trouble is, sometimes you flop something like a str8 on the flop with rag suits but by the river and they suck out with a flush or their pair end up quads or something crazy - you just can't get rid of folks theses days. Like I said, great when it pays off though.

Only time my bluffs win is when I've set up a reputation as a nit and I can tell that no-one has hit or they are passive or some other tell-tale and I have either hit something or have a draw to something and decide to bet, they might then get out of there because they've noticed I always have it when I've done it before.

But if you get a reputation for constant bluffing, then I've noticed the table waiting to trap folks who do that. So I wouldn't do it unless you feel the table, personally.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

and this is the point, you have to bluff against a player that you have information about for that to happen, it's not just bluffing and that's it, several positions at the table, or the way villain is betting.

:icon_sant

H

HRVATSKIBOGMARS

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
I think a good bluff must have two assumptions: 1. a situation that a bluff is needed and 2. that you are a player who is not known for bluffing. That is my opinion but of course that is not the rule. Maybe I am bluffing now:)

jleon_zat

jleon_zat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that when there is a possibility of a set and a flush or a flush and a straight

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it depends on the moment of the game, how you read the opponents, how you are mentally and how you are feeling the game.
There's no rule for you to bluff

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To make a bluff to always make a believable bluff it is good to always play aggressive, show a couple of good cards when you raise and raise others with all, you cannot play there is always for today because if it were always a bluff at some point they will give you:D

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
a good bluff is to have a good story told!

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
One way to catch a bluffer it to colour mark them so when you run into them again you may call them if in doubt.
Sometimes I just get fed up and call.
I only bluff when I get the opportunity: When the blinds are hight and to scare away small stacks from stealing my blinds