How good a bluff does it have to be to be believed?

K

KITAYAWA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff doesn't have to be frequent to be believed.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

Before bluffing you have to analyze the player's behavior, if he is passive it is easier, according to his behavior and the cards on the table, you can see if it is feasible or not, I don't usually do it much, but when I do, They usually believe me.

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just pretend like you’re playing like you have the nuts

xaj9x

xaj9x

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before bluffing you have to analyze the player's behavior, if he is passive it is easier, according to his behavior and the cards on the table, you can see if it is feasible or not, I don't usually do it much, but when I do, They usually believe me.
I agree with you, this is a very rational decision[emoji3]

Dalyn

Dalyn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mean like if you feeling it than go for it.

sulzerrt

sulzerrt

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ask yourself would you believe in that if it will be made against you, if yes, make a bluff.

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bet a haft of pot and i believe:angel:

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm still learning so this was a great thread to read. Thanks! I have no had any luck with bluffing. Any time I have tried, the opponent had the cards to beat me, so I pretty much don't even try anymore. I just concentrate on the game and I'm sure learning to bluff will come easier in time. I hope so anyway!!!

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only bluff in spots where you should be bluffing like after floating

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello community[emoji106][emoji16] I noticed that players tend not to believe in bluffing, you do everything to make them believe, well, they still don't believe[emoji16]How often do you get to bluff? And do they always believe you?
Sometimes people believe that making a bluff is just betting on a random pot, but they forget that the focus of the bluff has to be based on the opponent's range and the main thing, make sense.

H

Haikala2011

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is really no rule for a good bluff, it depends so much on various circumstances.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is practically possible to bluff in any hand. Wanting to do are different things (high risk)

ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The bluff was made , if someone believes you. So no mater how good it is, if you made bluff, it is bluff :D:D

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If no one sees your bluffs, you're not bluffing often enough (c) ;)

Your bluffs need to make sense in order to be believed. You have to tell a story and it should make sense on all the streets.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No two bluffs are the same, but they can have the same patterns! Here's the tip.

krasikrisi

krasikrisi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A good bluff is very difficult and depends on the opponent, your cards, the bet, the cards on the table. In order to be believed, it needs to be done sparingly and measuredly. You never know what your opponent has, just as he doesn't know your cards. Be careful with the bluff! Maybe live play is easier I think!

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I usually watch each opponent, I always expect good cards and I bet, when I manage to win the hand one or more times, they start to have respect, some are abused or have nothing to lose, I don't usually bluff many times at the same table, one hour you ends up losing not only the hand but respect, it's a game of patience, study and strategy

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that for a bluff to be affective it has to look like a value bet, it has to be a heavy bet +70% if the play is already on the river.

you have to have a good reading of the opponent to make this move and define the opponent's range.

miguel198433

miguel198433

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi

to make a good bluff you have to raise the bets a little more than the opponent and once the river comes, put him allin

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not going to bluff a calling station. Finding the right spot gets easy as the table dynamics settles in. On a tight table that is limping, might bluff more. Using latter position seems to be best shot. Might have to 3 barrel to sell the story.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
bluff

You need to bluff in such a way that you yourself believe that you have the nuts. Bluff must be convincing.

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It must look like real reffering to all circumstances at the table, incluidng dynamics

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
only good enough to convince the other people involved that you are not lying...
;););)
Jim