How good a bluff does it have to be to be believed?

xaj9x

xaj9x

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello community[emoji106][emoji16] I noticed that players tend not to believe in bluffing, you do everything to make them believe, well, they still don't believe[emoji16]How often do you get to bluff? And do they always believe you?

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think the bluff should be timely and appropriate!!! I have three rules that I try to stick to when playing: 1) don't bluff a player who has very few chips since he has nothing to lose and will take risks at the first opportunity 2) don't bluff the chip leader because he has enough chips to test your bluff 3) don't bluff against a weak and aggressive player as he can test you with any pair of cards!!!
In my opinion, the most comfortable players for bluffing are passive players who still have enough chips to qualify for good prizes !!!

K

KITAYAWA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is good if you earn respect at the table with your game and convince your opponents that you can be trusted:rolleyes:

xaj9x

xaj9x

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think bluffing should be timely and appropriate!!! I have three rules that I follow in the game: 1) do not bluff a player who has very few chips, since he has nothing to lose, he will risk when he gets the same opportunity 2) do not bluff the chip leader, because enough chips to test your bluff 3) don't bluff against a weak and aggressive player as he can test you with any pair of cards!!!
In my opinion, the most common bluff players are passive players who still have enough to qualify for good prizes!!!
In short, do not bluff into beginners ..)))) only into an experienced player ..))) novice does not even catch ..)))

xaj9x

xaj9x

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is good if you earn respect at the table with your game and convince your opponents that you can be trusted:rolleyes:
Yes, there were a couple of similar situations ..)))) but I knew for sure that the player would believe ..)))

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello community[emoji106][emoji16] I noticed that players tend not to believe in bluffing, you do everything to make them believe, well, they still don't believe[emoji16]How often do you get to bluff? And do they always believe you?

Hello.
I usually play very carefully and wait patiently for good cards. I rarely bluff, but if I bluff, my opponents believe me and usually my bluff is successful in 90% of cases.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only like to bluff if I have chips and my opponent has very few.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In short, do not bluff into beginners ..)))) only into an experienced player ..))) novice does not even catch ..)))

I did not say that you should not bluff new inexperienced players, but only experienced players !!! I said don't bluff against "aggressive newbies" as they will play with any pair even the smallest pair!!! Against such players it is better not to bluff, but to win with a good card !!!

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's a combination of your table image (is it realistic that you have the best hand?) and your opponent's willingness to risk a call with a lesser hand. Hard to bluff a calling station.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I honestly don't know why some folks even consider bluffing a hand if you're playing micro limits or below or even $1/2 live. Collin in the 30 day course tells you most of the money comes from value betting and I would focus on that rather then trying to bluff folks.

An outright bluff with trash is silly against folks that are going to give you whatever you want by falling in love with an mediocre Ax when one hits the board or overplay some TV poker suited hand from early position.

I would spend more time figuring how people play at table adn value betting than be worried about bluffing them but that's just me.

A question like this will come from someone that overplays AK or AQ raising bigtime before the flop, then misses the board but cbets then goes too far on the turn and the river with the hand and villain can put you on AK or AQ from watching you or they're a calling station and hit middle pair and want to see what you have.

But as folks may have alluded in the thread that you have to know your opponent for a bluff to work because we all know the old mantra, "You never bluff a bad player", right? lol.

Cheers!

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Try to avoid bluff on freeroll tournaments. :D
Besides that, you have to choose a good time and a good bet size to bluff.

F

FlushKings311

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff

I don't worry too much about what someone MAY have , I look at what I have, what's on the table and how many chips I got

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends, for example I play cash games at low levels and I don't consider many bluffs, maybe at high levels

xaj9x

xaj9x

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did not say that you should not bluff new inexperienced players, but only experienced players !!! I said don't bluff against "aggressive newbies" as they will play with any pair even the smallest pair!!! Against such players it is better not to bluff, but to win with a good card !!!
I agree my statement was wrong, at first I wrote then I thought, I apologize[emoji3]

xaj9x

xaj9x

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I honestly don't know why some folks even consider bluffing a hand if you're playing micro limits or below or even $1/2 live. Collin in the 30 day course tells you most of the money comes from value betting and I would focus on that rather then trying to bluff folks.

An outright bluff with trash is silly against folks that are going to give you whatever you want by falling in love with an mediocre Ax when one hits the board or overplay some TV poker suited hand from early position.

I would spend more time figuring how people play at table adn value betting than be worried about bluffing them but that's just me.

A question like this will come from someone that overplays AK or AQ raising bigtime before the flop, then misses the board but cbets then goes too far on the turn and the river with the hand and villain can put you on AK or AQ from watching you or they're a calling station and hit middle pair and want to see what you have.

But as folks may have alluded in the thread that you have to know your opponent for a bluff to work because we all know the old mantra, "You never bluff a bad player", right? lol.

Cheers!
Hello, I agree with you image is everything, and notes help not to miss[emoji3]

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing skills

If you are committed to the bluff before the flop- and post flop, turn and river. Believe in it.. or nobody will believe you lol

xaj9x

xaj9x

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends, for example I play cash games at low levels and I don't consider many bluffs, maybe at high levels
I think that cash games have their own rules, I would even say that in order to bluff in a cash game, you need to be one hundred percent sure that you will be believed

xaj9x

xaj9x

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are committed to the bluff before the flop- and post flop, turn and river. Believe in it.. or nobody will believe you lol
Well, we are not always in the mood to bluff, sometimes we turn our card into a bluff, because we believe that they will believe us, sometimes we have to bluff, because there is no other choice, cards are not dealt, and you need to earn chips[emoji3]

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good bluff requires the right board and opponent.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

The point of the bluff is not to make the player believe...

First, you NEED to know what your image is at the table or if the player has a lot of information about your playing style.

Second, you need to know why you are bluffing this player.

And the last and most important, the move has to make sense, if you're going to bet randomly, without even knowing the opponent's range, for sure, you just pass like a donk falling into traps.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I bluff rarely but you have to be playing a long time in a table to know when to do it

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The art of bluffing is much bigger and more complex than you might think. It's not just about betting big to intimidate the villain into giving up.
The art of bluffing starts from your first hand and continues throughout the game with the image of yourself that you pass throughout the game to make you believe when you are bluffing.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
How often do you get to bluff? And do they always believe you?
I only bluff in situations where I know that my opponent(s) are afraid of me, or afraid of losing a mountain of chips over nothing; never when the community cards are oozing with value and are open for all kinds of interpretations. At the table I love to cultivate my image as a tight and boring player, so if I suddenly raise an extravagant bet I'm being taken seriously in like 80% of all cases.

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The Big Game

I do this in non-routine plays

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I bluff rarely, but confidently, and usually my opponents don't want to take risks. :)