How does your family view poker?

ccocco

ccocco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as I live alone, I have to give explanations. hehe .. but my family gets mad when I call and no answer because they know I'm playing poker.

gago980

gago980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My family accepted that what I'm playing poker. I'm trying to convince my dad to play, I think it would be a lot better than me, but without successfully for now :)

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They think it keeps my old mind sharp. Wait, what was I saying?

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've been pretty lucky, I think, given no one in my household plays online poker or cards of any kind. Occasionally, my husband may say something like 'you winning, yet?'..lol..He has tried to get involved, but does not really like games of any kind, which I thoroughly enjoy. So, I may sit in the same room as him, play a little poker (or other games) while watching tv.

jayrock334

jayrock334

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I found out that when i talked about it no one really seemed to care so now i just play and dont even discuss unless someone brings it up to me

nastena2992

nastena2992

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My whole family is against the poker , I explain to them that this is my hobby, but they are very strict perceive poker

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thought I would come back and post one more time, because I have to change some of my first one. I grew up in a card playing family. Used to love those Friday and Sat. night penny poker games. But any other time the adults played all kinds of games while us kids got kicked out the house. So I guess what I first said was meaning my ex and kids

S

spazdm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I live alone currently but my family thinks its stupid, really unless there were good results for like a year steady and i was paying bills and saving , then maybe they would be omk with it but now definitly not. I kind of agree to not deposit now especially with my lack of skill lol.

wildyetty

wildyetty

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
family is indifferent to it, but the girlfriend hates the amount of time it occupies.

Slavuy

Slavuy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mother approve it, as long as I don't deposit money.
Sister has started playing because of me.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They tell me that I won a million dollars)) But seriously, private time, I choose myself, my wife only the supported me. She knows that poker is intuition and mathematics.

A

alexis8888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife against it completely but my son taught me how to pla poker. Successful post.

A

alexis8888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife completely against it but my son taught me to play poker. Successful post.

adamchikas

adamchikas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know why, but poker has got this stereotype of a bad game everywhere in my region. Everytime they see me playing in public on my mobile, for example my mates tell to stop playing the game, that I will lose a fortune one day.
My parents tell me that I waste my time, well I do so far, but I am learning

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not very good, they dont care about it,only my brother loves playing poker.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wife happy with it... most others around are careful

B

Blazed101

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wifey doesn't mind when it aint affecting her plans but.... YEA U KNOW;)

T

titomurcia1214

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my family sees it as a waste of time and distracting me study

veronica

veronica

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luckily I have my husband playing poker like me and we both share the same passion , we have different ways of playing is more aggressive and I think more cautious , the two enjoyed sharing moments of poker in our lives , and we also hate when you lose looks at the other and do not know who to blame .. jajja , but we understand it so much , he's my biggest critic but he gets angry if I criticize his game .

M

MPaz_87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My family hates poker, they don't understand why I spend my time playing it and every time I accomplish something they crushed it like it was nothing at all. It sucks.

W

Wintz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my parents are very negative about poker, so i try to not play around them