How Does Alcohol Effect Your Game? Better or Worse?

F

Forkliftgu22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy a drink when playing poker but it definitely makes me a much worse player.
Look out for me on a Saturday night I’ll probably give you my stack doing something stupid.

seirmelo

seirmelo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Alcohol affects for the worse I think, because from experience, the tendency is to pay with more hands than usual.

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
once in a while on a friendly game i might have a drink ,but if i get into a more serious tourney or cash game i need to concentrate and will hold off on drinking.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Drink more or drink less, if it works continue down the path and if it no longer works then take another path.
I prefer my opponents to drink, lack of quality judgment is profitable.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't think alcohol and poker can be combined. In my opinion, such a combination only leads to losses and disappointment.

M1n1GuN777

M1n1GuN777

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that alcohol only helps to get drunk. And stress relief and other causes are more of an excuse for people with addiction and a weak psychological threshold. I apologize in advance if this offends anyone, but I meant only my perception of this issue without the purpose of condemning anyone's actions.

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If I am playing live I like to drink some better, but at online don't like so much

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to ask people for the sake of interest how alcohol affects you and making your decisions when you play poker
I don´t use it usually, but when I do I´m not playing! In my case it would be a deadly combination! :D

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Alcohol its EVIL i never use it. But people who play drunk look like in tilt becouse they play became another. But i saw Veaaaa win 1st place 109$ Builder on stream when he was drunk and another streamer (Wrajke) sleep on final table after alcohol. people used the beats on twitch for give him noize and wake up))))) It was funny)))

yango

yango

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if the times I drank some wine I made bad and very crazy decisions to climb or go back a tournament in which I couldn't have done much and in the end as usual the result usually reaches the loss of the stack

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont drink when playing to me drinking makes you play different then you would if not drinking.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to ask people for the sake of interest how alcohol affects you and making your decisions when you play poker
I don't believe I've ever drank alcohol while playing poker. I've always believed it might degrade my patience, and I think that's one of my biggest assets in the game. If I feel like having a drink, usually with a female friend, or friends, I leave the table or turn off the computer. On the flip side of the coin, I've played against many intoxicated opponents, much to their chagrin. It might be okay in moderation, but I choose not to take the chance.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't drink but if I will drink. I will drink and play responsibly.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Alcohol and poker are the worst combination according to me.

I have played live poker with alcohol and have lost big.

I have stopped playing poker if I wish to drink and play poker without drinking alcohol.

Cheers 🥂

yango

yango

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol is one of the substances that affect the concentration of each player and I do not recommend taking it when playing very important poker games, it is ideal to keep in mind that the best thing to play poker as a profession and not a hobby is to keep track of all the variables avoiding losing chips.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think alcohol helps you play well, maybe if you play drunk, you can make more mistakes, play more aggressive, I think it's better to play focused, and drink a lot of water.

offshore11000

offshore11000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think poker and alcohol, especially online, don't mix. I think it affects decisions, for sure.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course it affects thinking and decisions as well as in life it is the same. Under the influence of alcohol you can not think rationally and it seems that everything is right for you. So decisions are certainly the least inspired.

reraee1

reraee1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that alcohol affects sensible thinking! Poker should be played with a clear head

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with me it gets in the way depending on the circumstances I prefer to smoke but to reduce stress instead of increasing it with alcohol

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Alcohol loosens you, makes overconfident and gambly, so imo it's a bad idea when playing poker

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
With a glass of whiskey or beer, it's okay, a small amount will not change the way you make decisions, a larger amount can. After alcohol, sooner or later you will make a mistake that you will not make if you are sober.

N

n0n4m3

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol, in general, has a bad effect, not only on the poker game. It is better to play and win a good jackpot, drink a little for the appetite of the fed after the game.

Top 10 Games