How Does Alcohol Effect Your Game? Better or Worse?

katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Definitely worse! It makes me wanna forget about discipline, abandon all my strategies and gamble the hell out of it :D

Timmah120

Timmah120

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No alcohol when playing poker, period. If I'm playing blackjack or video poker, I'll accept the free drinks knowing that I am going to lose money in the long run and that those bankrolls are completely separate from my poker funds.

The only exception is if you are a poker player who does not care about positive expectation. If you just play for fun, drink all you want....and make sure you're sitting at my table.

G

gassstation

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don’t need to drink at all while playing poker, you need a sober head so as not to do stupid things.

D

didgees

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play for fun then no problem. If you are trying to play good poker then I don't recommend it.

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that alcohol is the worst option that can be considered to play poker.

leoniq888

leoniq888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

It all depends on how much to drink. I played a couple of times not sober, I want to say that it had a bad effect on the game. When intoxicated you make a lot of stupid mistakes, you play not by mathematics, but just by luck. It is better not to drink, friends!

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you drink a little alcohol, it has a positive effect ... I feel a little more courageous

B

bioman420

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alcohol is capable of unleashing courage beyond the limit, sometimes it can harm other times it can help, it will depend from player to player, and also the limits of alcohol consumed, a person who drank in excess, will have a game impaired without a doubt

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi

Alcohol is not a friend of man, it takes you to somewhat unstable levels, unless you only drink very little, but alcohol and gambling is a dangerous combination.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont drink alcohol when I play poker :D

davidjavi31

davidjavi31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my personal opinion, I think that the game should not be mixed with alcohol since it could change our style of play and would not allow us to concentrate optimally.

N

Narcys

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you cant judge good when you consume alcohol

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't put alcohol in my body , so I would not know.

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on how much alcohol.
A little bit usually improve my game 'cause I play a little more relaxed. But if I get really drunk, I start to make very agressive plays that often get me in trouble and it's a disaster for my bankroll.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Makes me play risky. Also, I get a headache from sitting in front of the computer with booze.

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't know

I don't know
how to say I don't drink
anymore they say it doesn't help
I drink coffee

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to ask people for the sake of interest how alcohol affects you and making your decisions when you play poker
I only play poker sober. I did experiment once in a pub game (UK allows them) and two pints of beer is enough to affect my judgement. About the same as the drink drive limit in England.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I tried to play with a beer and well what had to happen happened, I broke my bank so I will never drink alcohol while playing again

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Worse. It will be more likely that I will play with slimmer cards as well.
But it's also true that the game will be less cramped, you won't be as excited as in the "sober" state.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i cant remember to have ever played drunk . but i think that alcohol in most cases will hinder you from playing well . in fact i think that it can lead to disaster where you blow off all of your money

the only positive thing i can see of playing while drinking is that you are more relaxed and that you might have more courage to bet and call in spots which would be profitable but where you might have folded if you were sober lol

in general i can say that i will not play while drinking alcohol

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends very much on the quantity.

A small glass of wine can certainly have a slightly stimulating effect. However, in my opinion, larger amounts are definitely not recommended in combination with serious poker play.

It could influence your decisions and tend to lead to a more risky gambling behavior, which can also quickly backfire.

Especially if you are involved in bigger cash games, you should rather do without it. Why should you put yourself at a disadvantage compared to the other players?

If the intention is to achieve sustainable profits, you should keep a clear mind to ensure maximum concentration.

In home games with friends, of course, it's a different story :D

Top 10 Games