How Do You Handle Stress in Poker?

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Helps analysis of your game after each session when they understand why they lost or lost feel calmer

S

Sp0own

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that you should understand the nature of poker and to embrace it. Poker is a game of incomplete information and sometimes bad beats happens and if you accept them as they are you will get over them more easily. If you watch the pro players also all have this mindset.

B

bviscaino

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to handle the stress of poker? I think that first you must breathe,
and secondly you should enjoy each hand. no form of relaxation should
be acquired because the
opposite can read the stress levels and is bad for the game.

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to get really worried and tilted when I lost in cash games now I just accept it as being part of the game.

in general when we get away from the stress, we win at poker, rather it is a necessary thing to win ;)

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to handle the stress of poker? I think that first you must breathe,
and secondly you should enjoy each hand. no form of relaxation should
be acquired because the
opposite can read the stress levels and is bad for the game.

before breathing you have to accept losing, so you can concentrate better on the game

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
question

What is more important to poker between these three things in your opinion? (patience, or intelligence, or blueness? ;)

FearNoRiver

FearNoRiver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how do you handle stress

this is not easy becauise of the lack of card buy in amount that plys a HUGE factor in stress

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
take a break to get away from the game

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
philosophy poker

this is not easy becauise of the lack of card buy in amount that plys a HUGE factor in stress

if losing in a certain tournament you are scared it is clear that it would be difficult to get rid of stress! but I think that before starting the game you have to put the idea of ​​losing before winning and accept it, it is a kind of meditation before the beginning of the game. In poker you have to play without having too much want to win otherwise we will not play properly!

kandauroff

kandauroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a deep breath, exhale, just need to learn from the experience of defeat and move on.

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
*Sigh* Why? I see so many people whine about bad beats, but these same people love high variance spots because they're not good navigating their way post-flop. If you're short stacked and jamming you're going to get called somewhat wide most of the time unless you have ICM implications. I don't think it's fair to expose the Cardschat community to this awkward post.

Sean I appreciate the sentiment and for the most part this would be on-topic if it was in the strategy forum. However the OP specifically states "how do you handles stress" and if you Google the topic, masturbation is actually one of the top 3 ways for men to handle stress. Sorry if we are not as lucky as you to have on-demand sex available. For the rest of us, the on-demand sex is basically our right or left hand.

By the way, if this post exposes one to masturbation for the first time, I suggest that we incorporate more mastubatory curriculum included in health class.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fortunately,I´ve never felt any stress playing poker because I just play low limits and freerolls.If I haven´t won anything during the day,there´s no problem because that is part of the game.and tomorrow wil be another day.Good luck!

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
is quite complicated to handle the strees, I think the best way is enjoying the game win or lose !!!

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SMILE!!! This is a game!! take everything for granted !! next time you will definitely win !! )))

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
A good song, a good cigarrete and a very good coffe. =)

M

Martin39

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I know this will sound weird but it works for me: personally, I usually prepare beforehand by listening to some cleansing "meditating healing music" shortly before I play. :). remember its just a game afterall

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I stop playing and watch a good movie or one of my favorite series. if I still want to bet I play roulette or sports betting. when I win, it cheers me up.

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you take the habit of taking 5-minute breaks every hour of the game, this will reduce the likelihood that stress will overshadow your mind.

35marlin

35marlin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stress handled

st way I found to handle stress is a long walk with the dogs in the desert. there is amother way but thats foe another stage. lol
run good all and play better.

H

hellomynameiswhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same problem. When I win some and lose some maybe it is not so bad, but a losing streak is definitely hard.
The way I handle it is to remember that currently I am not a pro. Therefore I have to get money other ways than poker. This takes the stress off of performing perfectly.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I always try to clear myself with soft music or go out to clear my mind walking because if you are having a bad time it is not good to continue playing because for the same frustration you will make mistakes that will only lose you

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands