P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't let poker affect me psychologically or physically, winning or losing. when I feel like I’m a little excited about the game, I don’t play.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't experience any stress with poker. If I win, I win. If I lose, I lose. I don't let myself now to lose a lot of money. I don't play high stakes, so there is no stress.

K

krism13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't experience any stress with poker. If I win, I win. If I lose, I lose. I don't let myself now to lose a lot of money. I don't play high stakes, so there is no stress.
How lucky you are to the have nerves of steel! Im admirable to anyone that can contain themselves during a runbad streak.

K

krism13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't handle this.
Maybe it’s because I’ve been playing for a short time, and I haven’t gotten used to such downswings yet, but there is nothing that makes me more tilted of reaching the end of a session and having less money than when I started.
Can anyone here handle this well ??
I feel ya man, poker is tough an the main goal is to make money for most people playing. So when you dont, it really sucks lol. I dont think the pain of losing will ever go away for competitive people!

K

krism13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just eat. Hahaha. Stress eating
Binge it all away! haha I can understand how that helps in the moment but the future you will be disappointed when youre lugging around a few extra pounds hahah.

K

krism13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I am in a stressuful situation, I often stop to take a step back and allow myself some time to think, plan and prioritise. Go for a walk
This is a great way to decline from the stress of a moment. If you really want to feel some relief just do some simple in home workouts, jumping jacks, pushups, burpees ect. Seems to help for me:)

K

krism13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to meditate or workout, both give me a huge sense of relief.

D

DomDoctor01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well lately i try not to curse and get my blood pressure up haha .Usually i just close my laptop and take a break.It was really unhealthy to stay pissed and mad and try to win back your losses and even if i did this for a while im glad i stopped .Stay strong bros.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How lucky you are to the have nerves of steel! Im admirable to anyone that can contain themselves during a runbad streak.

I had many of those, but I was okay with them.

L

Lolocomondo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During the game, it helps to drink water in order to calm down. I personally predetermine the daily amount of money of my stack that i want to play with. In case i don't have a good streak and lose that amount, i stop playing, relax and join the game with stronger will and more peaceful mind.

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I get not so easy stressed. But if im stressed i calm down with a smile of my son. And my rule if i lose by a mistake or bad play myself i would develop my game to get better. If i loose against a bad beat or luck play i thought by myself those player are important to winning on the last streaks. Its hard to loose by bad beats or plays especially in important tourneys were the possible sample size is not so big that you could wait on the expected value.

F

FuccinALLin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regather composure.. think about what i did wrong to get stressed and if it was a fault i can fix.. or if it was a bad beat. Know that it was. Understand it happens in poket.. and then move on

A

auslender72

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my poker results showing that my way with stres is not good:eek::eek::eek:

DIMARIK

DIMARIK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In severe stressful situations, a cool shower + hot coffee immediately after the shower usually helps me.
If the situation is not very depressive - you can smoke a cigarette, eat a chocolate bar, or just eat something.
When a person eats, he calms down in 90% of cases. :rolleyes:
I judge based on personal experience, perhaps all this will not help someone.

S

Spheremaster

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker to relax... it doesn't stress me... :)

have a nice day

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it is frustrating to spend several hours without winning really rewarding prizes, or worse yet we lose. What to do to avoid getting sick from anxiety, panic, or stress?

You turn on calm music and drink water, stress relieves well.

E

Elfina777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I deal with stress in poker with good music and sleep are 2 things best.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a lot of water and regular exercises everyday. Plus I don't drink coffee anymore. I noticed that coffee has big influence on my nerves

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with experience comes the understanding that you cannot influence the game and variance, that the opponent can come and his one card on the river - that anger affects only you badly, I often hear that pro players devote a lot of time to meditation and psychology

E

eliasyarosh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
time helps))and sometimes whiskey)

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having to watch my stress levels, I just let it go even if I am not able to take down the pots. I cannot have stress in my life so therefore, I play this game to have fun. Not doing it to really earn an income. Hopefully, along the way I can win a few games or so.

Beatlebug

E

eliasyarosh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But seriously, you just don't need to treat it like making money for a living until you become a professional. Then there will be no stress

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
swjsnh4obw-antidepressants-pink-floyd-contro-il-logorrio-della-vita-moderna-e-musica-di-cacca_b.jpg

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm try to treat by the all in a Life philosophically, including and Poker...:smile:
All starting and finising...:rolleyes: And may be starts again...:deal::joyman::) That's all! :cool:

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands