XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We have all experienced this. You spend hours carefully building your stack and then its suddenly gone in two or three hands. The only thing you can do is accept that this is part of the game. There is very high variance in poker and you will get bad beat.

All you can do is practice good bankroll management and play a solid strategy, stay patient and focused, and concentrate on what's going on in the game. Make the best decisions you can in the moment and don't think about results. The rest is out of your control so no point stressing about it.

In MTTs, for example, you will NOT cash most of the time (only around 10%) let alone make the top 3 places (only around 2%). Keep this in mind and you won't feel so bad.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How i handle the stress

Generally speaking, poker can be pretty stressful especially when you're on a table that has aggressive players on it. They keep on putting pressure on you to call their large bets. Usually when this is the case, I try to counter their aggression by making hands on the flop and starting the hand with a good holding. A good win feels good and helps alleviate some of the stress.With that said, don't let a win let you put your guard down. Poker is a marathon not a sprint. Cheers Mate!!

B

binky

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It can be frustrating to come so close and get so far in a game but I can still be happy that I was able to stay in the game for so long.

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to often think about it and analyzed the most effective is not to play after a nervous breakdown, you need to rest at least one day

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I drink coffee. When I'm tired I don't think as sharply and this causes me to second guess my choices. If I can be more alert, I make my `one and done` choice and move on.

Z

ZARGA123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Few days ago I ate a lot of normal chocolate and chocolate sweets before a cash game session, and I swear I never saw that much premium starting hands. So, I can say that chocolate prevents stress. I should try to do it more often :D

Same thougts you want to win EAT CHOCOLATE and go :secruity:your opponents hahaha

D

dear7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am listening music and I recommend you do the same.It is really help.

T

t419bone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
after a bad beat. i get up and take alil walk.

S

SeriousBizzness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great question.

For me it will always be a little stressful. I got AA 4times today and lost with all 4 of them. Had to fold them twice because I knew that the flush was out there. And it seems like it wouldn’t have mattered how I betted them.

Jooseme

Jooseme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I need to take anti anxiety medication -

L

Luccasdsp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I confess that after a bad beat I get very nervous and it spoils my game. I admire people who can stay focused during those times.

Comdemn

Comdemn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it is frustrating to spend several hours without winning really rewarding prizes, or worse yet we lose. What to do to avoid getting sick from anxiety, panic, or stress?

Do not play in those tournaments in which you are nervous very much. I think in order to play calmly you need to feel confident, and for this you need to raise your level of play! Well, now try to spend more time with your family and friends and walk more in the fresh air, go into the forest, before I was helped by the constant trips to the pool and especially well to visit the bath!

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I see things go bad, I just stop playing this day and switching to something else.

C

christosa197

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To reduce my stress after a lost game then lower the value in the table and played on smaller tables! With most low cost!

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go for a walk. Some fresh air does wonders. I also sometimes just chat with my girlfriend, vent a bit and it's all good and dandy.

Fordeverest

Fordeverest

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In recent times, I try to minimize anxiety with" home-pálinka".It is true that I drink more and the cards are blurry towards the end !!!But I do not recommend this.

rsimms

rsimms

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I handle stress in poker by remembering that poker is just a game; A skill based game that chance plays a large factor in, that can be VERY frustrating from time to time.

It is very easy for stresses from other parts of our lives to trickle into poker and that will negatively your game. Then the frustration of not playing well could in turn stress you out even further. This is why I think that another way to handle stress in poker is to take care of outside stresses before you sit down to play, and not rely on poker results for resolving stress or negative emotions.

AshK44

AshK44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just talk myself out of bad situations. I find talking through my moves out loud solidify my decision. If I say to myself “if he raises I’m gunna fold” then when that happens I actually told. It works for me

charlesdenis

charlesdenis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually leave home, have a beer, and try to forget the hard days in poker

Slav4obaby

Slav4obaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am listening deep house when i play poker. This is my anti-stress elixir :D

T

TheFaissal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
emotions are not for poker

Don't engage emotionally, losing with good cards and even worse with bad players can happen from time to time, that's why always tell yourself that you can't change that hand, always do your best, and forget the hand completely after its done, especially if it's a bad beat

S

step055

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to deminish the importance of the result and just to enjoy the process

P

pokijh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Martial arts, nothing beats beating out your frustrations on a heavy bag.

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
finish the session! and just for a day or two not to open poker to take a walk with family to visit friends! it helps me!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands