Chips
I listen to music... and watch a movie to distress myself

prozitu

prozitu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to get really worried and tilted when I lost in cash games now I just accept it as being part of the game.

C

CHUVASHMAN

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
After losing, I watch an exciting movie and the stress is gone

C

CHUVASHMAN

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
But best of all it's certainly whiskey

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
An important point to handle stress is to be positive and not play at times when we may be going through very difficult times in our lives.

In addition to that it is convenient to know the limits of our bankroll and not create situations of game that are difficult to handle and
that can lead us to make bad decisions.

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
here's the trick. Lots and Lots of WEEEEDDDD!!!!! lol

an9312

an9312

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
music.
and just try to tell myself you arent going to win every single time.
take breaks, eat food, drink coffee....

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some scientists believe that stress in its small form can ease boredom.You can't win all the time)This should be treated normally this is part of the game, part of life

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learn and grow from mistakes. When I first started I used to stress the hell out over my Aces getting smashed , but then I realized after the 7th time...maybe I shouldnt just limp in , then I'd get stressed out about because people would demolish me off rivers and then slowly but surely learned the code of 3 betting. Then I'd start watching videos of poker tourneys and such and people losing 15k buy ins and I'd always say "its shitty to lose 300 but it could be worse" . Learning more and more about the game relieves my stress

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i try and take a step back, maybe dont play for 1 or 2 days and when i start again i make sure to stick to my ranges and play tight and bluff in the good spots

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
MARIJUANA ! Lol, that has been my secret for a long while :). Take some beats nothing is better than a nice toke of some fine nugs. Coming from the world of MTTs you can get used to some brutal days, and it always allows me to look at the brighter side of things ! 420 for life

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing mostly live tables it's easier to cash out of a table and just get up and walk around. If you don't want to give up a seat, just put your seat on 'pause' and take a walk or a trip to the 'John'. Used to grab a smoke too ... but I quit 10 years ago.

Playing live tourneys you play only one at a time, no multi-tables. Works for me ... NO stress. If I should get a bad attitude or feel stress at all, just don't sign up for the next one.

kostas1234

kostas1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have stress or panic you shouldn't play poker cause this is a sighn that you canot think well and you are not sure about your hand .

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Need to take a break in the game and think about your mistakes.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker is relaxing and a stress reliever for me. Proper bankroll management also reduces stress. Don't play above your limits.

Proper bankroll management makes it easier for you to concentrate and not worry about breaking your bankroll if you lose.

Then you can analyze your wins, losses, and mistakes, then move on.

Don't focus on an opponent or a bad beat, or how bad an opponent may have played a hand. You can't control how another player plays or their attitude, only your own.

I find all of that helps reduce tilting.

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is important to include a bit of live play in your mix, playing online takes you away from the fundamentals too much I feel

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

You also know when the losing will start by the feeling you get when a certain play changes the momentum. It doesn't make sense mathematically cause each feeling should come out the same percentage of win/loss percentage. I like to have a smoke during the times of the down fall. Better yet a good shot of marijuana.

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience poker is a sport you have to have a lot of patience if you want to win

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think you can avoid it; Just learn to control it. If you have a stop loss strategy, you will eliminate the stress inducing uncertainty associated with a fear of a bad session etc.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this case, it is generally better not to sit down to play poker, I have never experienced stress playing my favorite game, on the contrary, I feel only pleasure.

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I can be upset because of the loss of my hand, but not for long, I am not always lucky, and I can also play incorrectly, I am not upset and laugh at myself and my mistake.

S

swanet83

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play easy listening music so I dont think about it to much glad its a simple thing that works for me

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands