How do I increase my luck?

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any advise on how to increase your luck at the tables? If poker was an RPG I would put all my points into the luck skill lol.

Improve your skills. This is the best way to increase your luck.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More you play the better you get. Spending time away from the table learning and looking over hand history on where you could have saved chips on or making a right size bet. Luck is a byproduct of hand work.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Don't think about or visualise the cards which will beat you hitting the board..! :biggrin:

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck is an unpredictable event, it is not for nothing that they say luck. And you need not luck, but hone your skills!:)

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deep into the Himalayas you must venture and face the Dalai Lama in a heads-up match you must. Only then endowed you will be with the power to draw AA every time.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't. But if you keep playing it, one day will be your the most luckiest day.
Best response here so far :)
I think that "luck" is merely short-term variance. Play millions of poker hands and "luck" will probably even out: poker is a math game of probability. Naturally, bad beats exist, but that doesn't impact the math at all. The "better" hand is expected to lose sometimes. All we can do is practice, study, learn poker fundamentals and especially learn how to control our emotions; tilt brings down more poker players than luck I guarantee you ;)

B

Brazenly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend not to ever play by thinking I’ll be lucky. Always play quite calm on the begging to get to know the players better and then using psychology trap them ext. But if you still want to “improve” your luck, just be a typical TAG- play tight and agressive

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
In poker you can not increase your luck because you do not have much of it! Increase your knowledge about poker and you'll get some satisfaction!

V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
working on your game is better, but if you want to pump luck skill, then go to church)))

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be a good person,,,, :)

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is necessary to behave, more nobly, in life. That is , to be pure, not to sin

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play more hands is how you increase your luck.

You're guaranteed to win more hands than you are now.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Any advise on how to increase your luck at the tables? If poker was an RPG I would put all my points into the luck skill lol.

Read books, analyze your game, improve your skills. With experience, your chances of success will increase.

Sdub2020

Sdub2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great feedback everyone thank you. It's strange after I posted this my luck seem to return. It's funny cause my best session in months was the day before the full moon. Growing moon = luck? Maybe that guy was right lol. I have been practicing more and folding more junk hands so I'm sure that helped out. But I still think luck will always win. Luck cannot be beaten....

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Why to increase your luck? You can increase your experience, by practising in the game and your knowledge by studying. Luck is the lack of knowledge! So as much knowledge and experience you gather you need less luck!

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi :ciao:
i think way is to STUDY lots
then play better = more luck

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How about a pizza with a lot of oil before the tournaments with me helps a lot. But in Poker be sure in your favor and put your luck aside.:laugh:

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck is like a slut, make you happy and leave you. Slut won't bind to just one man.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
if you are talking about luck in poker, see poker is 80% skill and 20% luck

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be more patient and wait for good cards you don't have to play every hand to win money.

GIRFIED

GIRFIED

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If luck were a solution in poker, the GTO (Game Theory Optimal) would become LTG (Luck Theory Optimal).

There is only one way to be a winner; effort, study, perseverance and discipline.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck is just a made up word to think yr getting something for nothing. Practice is more of a better way to get lucky. Luck isn't given..its earned.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
the thing is not to increase the luck in the game is to be more pasiente and to know how to choose which hand to play the game with since relying on luck with the game will only bring you disappointments and a false opinion that you are a good player

K

KAVA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Increase you luck by being a better poker player. Study, ask questions, and play millions of hands.

I wish! Becoming more skilled has no effect whatsoever on luck. The two are completely separate. Skill gets me to the point on the turn where I'm 90% - 98% favored to win. Luck often puts me on a river where all of a sudden I'm 0%.

Well, I'm agree with perrywh. There's a phrase saying Every man is the architect of his own fortune. I don't believe in luck itself. I think it's all about learning, getting better, and eventually having more "luck" by making more good decisions.
Sure MattyRider there still will be bad plays and unlucky rivers but it's all about statistics. Have to minimalize the amount of bad luck by learning and enriching our skills so overall we won't be that unlucky anymore.