How do I increase my luck?

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any advise on how to increase your luck at the tables? If poker was an RPG I would put all my points into the luck skill lol.

Increase you luck by being a better poker player. Study, ask questions, and play millions of hands.
I wish! Becoming more skilled has no effect whatsoever on luck. The two are completely separate. Skill gets me to the point on the turn where I'm 90% - 98% favored to win. Luck often puts me on a river where all of a sudden I'm 0%.

74dfe39abe5111c4d0536e319bfddd5c.png

70ae229b78d9b856deb3d9d68d208190.png

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's no way to increase your luck.luck is something special.
Ask the fortune teller.

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL i wish i can answer that question..

Ill be millonaire right now..

The only thing you can hope is to be 3 to 1, or 2 to 1.. no more you can do in most cases

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to get rid of luck, by playing more hands you even out the variance. play solid and make good choices and over time you will not need luck?

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HAHA, I also choose to have more luck.

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find when I am begging for a card or a good result it never comes. When I expect nothing and resign myself to whatever outcome, the river always seems to hit. Have you ever noticed the players getting up from the live table and putting jackets on to walk away, only to smash the river and come sit back down.

_xgeb_

_xgeb_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
One option would be to buy a lucky charm. The other is to read more about poker and understand which statistics and results will be better if you do things the right way.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish! Becoming more skilled has no effect whatsoever on luck. The two are completely separate. Skill gets me to the point on the turn where I'm 90% - 98% favored to win. Luck often puts me on a river where all of a sudden I'm 0%.

I have a theory as to why people who play by the mathematics of the game are constantly talking about this. Where they are "expecting" to win and end up losing on the river.

How often do you actually see the river? Think about that, what % of hands do you actually see a river and how often do you force a fold when having a monster hand? What if most of the hands you are forcing your opponents out before the river are the hands where your good luck would have shown out on the river?

Now, the way I play I see a lot of rivers and more often then not, the odds seem to work out properly (i.e. I tend to lose when I saw a river and was behind, and I tend to win when I saw a river and was ahead). Now there are definitely bad luck hands, but there are also good luck hands. It all kinda works out, but only if you are actually seeing a lot of rivers and are not pushing people off their hands earlier.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a theory as to why people who play by the mathematics of the game are constantly talking about this. Where they are "expecting" to win and end up losing on the river.

How often do you actually see the river? Think about that, what % of hands do you actually see a river and how often do you force a fold when having a monster hand? What if most of the hands you are forcing your opponents out before the river are the hands where your good luck would have shown out on the river?

Now, the way I play I see a lot of rivers and more often then not, the odds seem to work out properly (i.e. I tend to lose when I saw a river and was behind, and I tend to win when I saw a river and was ahead). Now there are definitely bad luck hands, but there are also good luck hands. It all kinda works out, but only if you are actually seeing a lot of rivers and are not pushing people off their hands earlier.
I wish.

Sdub2020

Sdub2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks guys and may luck be with you!!!!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I can’t imagine how you can increase your luck without increasing your skills)))

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you see a dog turd on the ground, go ahead and step on it as it might increase your luck at the tables

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't. But if you keep playing it, one day will be your the most luckiest day.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obviously you can not influence luck or variance, you can only get closer to long term averages by putting in a large volume. And in the short term simply take a break - long or short - if you get tired of losing. Its better to have a short session, where you play well and enjoy it than a long session, where you play poorly and do not enjoy it.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1) By being more patient. Cause the poker site 'll not push you down in every situation.
2) And if you skilled enough you would know how to contol the party, where luck is not as much involved as your skills.

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Eat Lucky Charms, wear lucky charms and maybe carry a horeshoe around?!?!

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I play poker for luck, I hope a little. Because there is a proverb "Hope for good luck and don’t be bad." Only knowledge can save you from defeat.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Any advise on how to increase your luck at the tables? If poker was an RPG I would put all my points into the luck skill lol.

I believe that the skills and experience of the player are the basis for the development of intuition. Refine your intuition. Only in this way will you be able to increase your chances of success.

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you really love poker and have skills enought and patience then you need just a little bit of luck and I wish you to have it

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I believe that if you think poker is a game of luck you are playing the wrong game, because the luck factor is the least prevalent in poker. Without a doubt poker is study, game reading, skill, attention and finally luck to help you at any time that you are dominated, but it does not influence practically anything in the game.

Tbone461

Tbone461

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only way I have ever been able to increase my luck is to widen my starting range and play more hands. Hopefully you will hit more flops.