How to deal with it?

Luka22guro

Luka22guro

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how do you control yourself during poker when you are brazenly moved with small hands or you have a 96% win and only one single card reaches the level that will help him win.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
in poker you have to deal with every brother.
Look yesterday in an MTT that a player from Morocco played told a colleague from brazil that he was stupid, idiot and other expletives because the Brazilian player paid an all in with K5s hearts and he had 33 and the Brazilian won at the showdown.
I wonder what is the difference? If you think your cards are winners and you have the stack to pay, why not?
If ultimately one always wins and the other loses.
Until we are convinced that luck is part of the game, we must deal with many situations that are not going to please us.
greetings friend:):):):giggle::giggle::giggle:

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Neither you or your opponents know what the other(s) is/are holding when the money goes in so why are you surprised when the actual holdings are different than you GUESSED they were?

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think this happens to every poker player, you just have to forget this hand, but I understand that it will be very difficult, but you'll have to continue playing again, all players have this and if you if you play right, you will come to victory, the main thing is patience my friend

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
just stay calm , accept the defeat and up to the next one ...it will turn around for , all you have to do is to be ,,there ,, :)....keep playing it will came your chance to prove :)

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I control myself knowing that this has happened to me and calling myself out has always led me to the hole so those hard lessons serve to control oneself and take everything normal, it is difficult to deal with at the beginning but it is achieved and it is essential to achieve good results

Luka22guro

Luka22guro

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in poker you have to deal with every brother.
Look yesterday in an MTT that a player from Morocco played told a colleague from Brazil that he was stupid, idiot and other expletives because the Brazilian player paid an all in with K5s hearts and he had 33 and the Brazilian won at the showdown.
I wonder what is the difference? If you think your cards are winners and you have the stack to pay, why not?
If ultimately one always wins and the other loses.
Until we are convinced that luck is part of the game, we must deal with many situations that are not going to please us.
greetings friend:):):):giggle::giggle::giggle:
So you can say it's a double-edged sword, after all, there are situations when you get on a bad card and the opposite happens, of course it's possible and that's why the game is so popular

I think this happens to every poker player, you just have to forget this hand, but I understand that it will be very difficult, but you'll have to continue playing again, all players have this and if you if you play right, you will come to victory, the main thing is patience my friend
that's right, the game has a very good balance of luck and the right game strategy, that's why it's so cool

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
how do you control yourself during poker when you are brazenly moved with small hands or you have a 96% win and only one single card reaches the level that will help him win.
Poker without luck would be like a boring chess game.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You have to deal with it or give up. As Jonathan Little says, volume cures variance.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
and the variance is like that, it only remains to breathe and move on

F

FrizzaoR

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Stay calm, breathe, take a break if possible, and comeback later

Power

Power

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I get what you are saying here, as i just ran deep like down to last 29 on stars BB $2.20 MTT 2.6K runners, i'm in BB holding KK and UTG Bets 26K it folds to me and i tank jam all in for 326K, and he snap calls as i had a $19 bounty and turns over 99, flop comes 78T turn T river J to give him the str8, all you can do is keep playing the right cards the right way and move onto the next MTT, yea i was upset with getting knocked out but that's poker, i know i played the hand right, if i had just called his preflop bet its still all going in on the flop, so i sat there watching, few hands later someone eles jamed all in for 350K and he called and turns over JJ the other guy had TT and he hit his T ;)

Last edited:
MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I was 96.77 to win on the flop today... runner runner on the turn and river and I'm out lol, but in the long run I want those bad calls all day everyday!

Power

Power

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
yea that's right i want 99 to call every time i have KK as i know i will or should win about 95% of the time, yea it hurts when they get there some times but as long as you are playing the cards the right way just keep doing the same thing in the long run you will win

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
If it was a big pot in an important spot I at first physically flinch typically. It happens almost automatically without thought. Then I just shake my head and once again get reminded that I am gambling so I need to correct my expectations. And then I just move on. There are various coping mechanisms that poker players deploy to handle such situations. Variance, long run, etc. Truth of the matter is you have to get lucky in key spots. The odds have to come for you. Not all poker hands are equal in value and importance and as such they cant be just drowned on the same excel spreadsheet. It is more complex then that.

If it was not a big pot in an important spot, honestly I just laugh at it.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
poker always pays off so close your eyes and start over

T

Tato Ivan

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I turn off my PC and make myself a day off.

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just forget about it, thats all there's to it. Evryone has to go through bumps in the road, no one reaches their goal without failure or without trial and error.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, this is impossible to control... Therefore the all is going, as going... That's all!

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I lose, I will drink a glass of cognac and continue to play on.:)

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Just breathe go drink water and let it go,if that happend,in the future probably wont

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't always control it hahaha it's exasperating but you have to keep a cool head, think in the long term and refocus on the strategy that one adopts to face the tournament and be aware that some inappropriate hands should not take us out of our axis.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to think about the distance and what conclusions I was able to draw from the tournament. But this is not always the case, and sometimes I can shout at the monitor) I understand perfectly well that this happens to everyone, but long-term failures are very damaging to self-confidence.

P

PointedTip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is a freeroll.... who cares is a great attitude.

If it is for money (or free), just be happy with your play regardless of what happens. If you make the right calls and plays, you will win more often than lose.