How to deal with a losing streak ?

A

abe2020

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I completely agree about the time. Quite a lot of it goes. What do You think, diversify the games? - Holdem, Omaha, 8-Mix. I want to try. Maybe I'll get lucky. )))
By the way, yesterday I remembered BlackRain79 again - the best button is a fold. We need to play less hands. And everything will be fine.
As an amateur player my experience is playing different types of games is helpful. Sometimes, one type of game suits me better than others. Moreover, we can bring experience of one game to other. I heard some big poker players actually play blackjack to get a sense of card flow.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online is luck, just luck, better times will come

Few differences between online & live

1. Lower stakes
  2. Easier to get to a game
  3. Games available every second of the day
  4. No embarrassment making a poor/ stupid play
  5. Easier to push your chips in to gamble. If u get knocked out, see point 3
IMO, ALL of the points mean the players will be worse online than live - I'm not driving for an hour to push all of my chips in with 35s for the excitement rush, then most of the time go back home!!!

I'm sure there's lots more differences, but my point is, online poker IS NOT RIGGED AS THE COMMENT SUGGESTS!!!

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When on a downswing you at times may think you're running bad or playing bad if not both just the nature of the game. Whatever you do don't tilt other wise your decisions are not proper. Sometimes you're making the correct decisions and just getting unlucky constantly, poker is a cruel game. It's best to review hands and find ways the hands could of been played different to either improve or avoid those spots in the future. Try to find the leaks you have which are causing these losses and patch them. Always remember to do your homework. Good Luck.

KnoxofAZ

KnoxofAZ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Herbal Medication

Poker can sometimes feel like a battle within. I have my legal medical marijuana card so when I'm in a slump, I spend a day exhaling the fine flower.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi. When I'm in a bad phase, I stop betting. Then I go back to studying strategies and watching tournament videos, practice makes perfect.

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Few differences between online & live

1. Lower stakes
  2. Easier to get to a game
  3. Games available every second of the day
  4. No embarrassment making a poor/ stupid play
  5. Easier to push your chips in to gamble. If u get knocked out, see point 3
IMO, ALL of the points mean the players will be worse online than live - I'm not driving for an hour to push all of my chips in with 35s for the excitement rush, then most of the time go back home!!!

I'm sure there's lots more differences, but my point is, ONLINE POKER IS NOT RIGGED AS THE COMMENT SUGGESTS!!!

my comment is not something without foundation, what if it was something exaggerated. Law once, in studies conducted in the UK, online poker represented 70% luck against 30% skill, numbers very contrary to live play. This is the basis for the North American authorities not to grant permits and prohibit online poker at a national level, very contrary to live gaming. I maintain that everything manipulated by a computer, where she decides who wins and who loses is chance, the skill of the game is a simple understanding of the rules and of course having a minimal understanding of mathematical probabilities.

P

Puerta2005

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ufff that is really rough, i get angry every time. Best way is too make yoga

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my comment is not something without foundation, what if it was something exaggerated. Law once, in studies conducted in the UK, online poker represented 70% luck against 30% skill, numbers very contrary to live play. This is the basis for the North American authorities not to grant permits and prohibit online poker at a national level, very contrary to live gaming. I maintain that everything manipulated by a computer, where she decides who wins and who loses is chance, the skill of the game is a simple understanding of the rules and of course having a minimal understanding of mathematical probabilities.

Because more people online, playing lower stakes, with less skill, makes this happens...

Schooling or fish schooling describes a phenomenon where the mistakes of loose-passive players weigh less heavily on their equity because there are many of them. The individuals who make bad, unprofitable calls are aided by the fact that others doing the same thing increases everybody's pot odds.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many times have you felt in the worst card streak in history? that no matter how much you play well and put your money in the best hand, the cards just don't come out as they should ... or how many times do you decide to go all in pre flop with KK and your opponent pays immediately with AA? ... Well I think this has happened to all of us and not just once but several times, the question is ... what do you do to stay calm and focused when you are right in the middle of a very bad streak? ... apparently I am falling in one right now and I would like to read your advice or anecdotes .... Here he goes as I manage (if you can call him that) the bad streaks ... 1. I stop watching TV while I play (lol) 2. I stop using the semi-bluff so frequently. 3. When I go on tilt I prefer to run or go for a beer ... 4. I curse my luck !!! haha Comment ... Cheers

If you going all in preflop, you can drag something over the screen. Come back 1 minute later and see did you win or lose.

How you win or lose doesn't matter if you already went all in and lost. If you won, you can also check hand history to see how you won.

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
How many times have you felt in the worst card streak in history? that no matter how much you play well and put your money in the best hand, the cards just don't come out as they should ... or how many times do you decide to go all in pre flop with KK and your opponent pays immediately with AA? ... Well I think this has happened to all of us and not just once but several times, the question is ... what do you do to stay calm and focused when you are right in the middle of a very bad streak? ... apparently I am falling in one right now and I would like to read your advice or anecdotes .... Here he goes as I manage (if you can call him that) the bad streaks ... 1. I stop watching TV while I play (lol) 2. I stop using the semi-bluff so frequently. 3. When I go on tilt I prefer to run or go for a beer ... 4. I curse my luck !!! haha Comment ... Cheers

a very difficult question, for example, I’m already setting myself up before the game, that there will be a case and more than once, that it will interrupt my good hand with some garbage

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a very difficult question, for example, I’m already setting myself up before the game, that there will be a case and more than once, that it will interrupt my good hand with some garbage

And it starts to annoy when this garbage continues to go in your direction ...

R

royalflush122096

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I was on tilt if a was losing then I would take a break until I feel completely calm!

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As an amateur player my experience is playing different types of games is helpful. Sometimes, one type of game suits me better than others. Moreover, we can bring experience of one game to other. I heard some big poker players actually play blackjack to get a sense of card flow.

It would be interesting to hear the opinion of experts on this issue? How useful is it to diversify your game by participating in different types of poker?

B

BamaRaised

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A short break to clear the mind can be a good thing. Then I just focus on playing disciplined poker and not basing my decisions on what happened in the past.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take a minimum of emotions calmly, I try to go outside in combination with nature, it is easier to endure failure in the game. And after that we are striving for victories again!

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

I have very conflicting feelings during an upstreak. On the one hand, I am very sad and I become angry and prone to tilt, but on the other hand, I gain invaluable experience and endurance.

B

Blue22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree, taking a break to clear your mind is a very good idea. I don't do it as much as I should... and if you are in the middle of a tournament sometimes you can't leave. However maybe just getting up and walking around or doing some deep breathing may help. I like the idea mentioned about getting outside into nature. I should be more disciplined and try that.😉

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
When these happen it is not unusuall, they happen in poker, it is the nature of the game. These time with tilt, I just leave the game for the next session. Poker is a mathematical sequence, so just leave it and walk to the next session, refreshed and with more inspiration!

pitoplay

pitoplay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokerlifestyle

we hate a bad beat but are happy when the player has a bad beat this is poker lifestyle

J

johnadams1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad sessions happen to me once every one/two months and from the money perspective i dont mind them much, but they really hurt my mindset for another week or even more. If i play too soon im nervous and even losing 1BB could throw me over the edge.

So i think only some break from the game could help me now. I need to calm down, watch some streams, read some poker book. Then play again.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The plosa of failures in poker is not an important part of the game and therefore I treat it normally, but in order to cope with it, I just take a break and do not play for a while

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I learn to stay calm - tomorrow is another poker day.

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had lost for the past two days every game I played . . . No hand worked for me -- I could count on one hand the number of pots that I won over the course of the past two days. But today for the first time ever, I came in 1st in a tournament with 443 people playing . . . It renewed my faith that patience is a virtue. Moral of my response is hang in there, your luck will change and your skill will improve.

J

Joonhi93

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It always happens, it is normal to have your bad games, when you are on a bad streak I recommend taking a 5 minute break