How to deal with a losing streak ?

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Turn off device, go for a walk get some fresh air, a nice snooze & start again another day
Luck comes & goes��

Kenad_MNE

Kenad_MNE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
switch off and sleep over it, is always a good idea

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try not to let the bad beats bother you. As long as you're making good decisions and making the right moves then it's out of your control, all you can do is make the correct decisions when the time comes. If it starts to affect your decision making process just take a break for a few hours until you are refreshed. Good luck!

C

chalghaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stepping away from the tables is the best way , well atleast for me , i take my time and review what went wrong in my game play and go from there .. also avoid playing on tilt brings out the worst in us

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the main thing is not to stop and move on, because only with practice comes experience..

O

Oksana55

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main thing is not to get upset, you need to take a break for a while, and then go forward again. Good luck!

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I'm in a loosing streak. there is nothing you can do about it, let the time goes by and keep on playing

Jooseme

Jooseme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're having losing streaks more than winning, you may need to evaluate the limits you play. Otherwise, its all part of the variance. If you go on tilt during a session, I certainly suggest stepping away from the table for a period of time to cool off.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I know that after a series of failures, I'm closer to success.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Everyone go's through up and down swings when playing poker, It is all part of the game, If we could win every game we register in then everybody would out of work making money on Poker. (impossible)
bankroll Management is key to being a successful player, If you can control this then you do not have to win every game, I know players who can play well in a tournament but when it comes to heads up poker they suck! But they are still successful because of the number of places they get. Don't get stuck in the mindset that you are not a good player if you never win. If you can beat thousands of other players to finished 2nd in a big tourney then you are already a successful player.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Only some time off and studying more during that time helps me. Also, I remember the leaks and try to avoid making the same mistakes again. Works about 20% of the time. LOL

U

UberPokerFan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's really important to determine if your losing streak is due to poor play or variance. I'm amazed at the people who repeatedly make the same mistakes and are losing because of it. They might incorrectly think they are on a losing variance streak when they are in reality losing due to poor play.

As others have said, you have to review your hands and study training from experts to determine if your losing streak is due to poor play or variance. Studying will help you stop making mistakes and learn to play more hands. My technique for dealing with a variance downswing (besides continuous studying) is to play small buy-in tournaments and cash games until I get some wins. I feel that playing while in a downswing helps me learn to play more hands and will help my overall game; you can't depend on good cards all the time.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This will come out really odd but loosing streaks can be a good thing for you. Now we dont ever really want to have them but they can be used as a opportunity to improve your game. Then it goes bad for me I will look over my game and play a bit less. The 1st think I look at and ask, am I really just having bad luck or is it something else. Many times its just a downturn but there have been many time it was a bad habit or more bad play that lead to this down turn, Its pretty amazing to see an error and fix it and start to win again. I also use this time to make improvements to my game. In 2009 I had a really bad year and nothing I did was fixing it. I decided to study some more. What I found was the game had been changing and I was not. It was not a downturn but other players improved and I did not. Instead of worrying about downturn use them to motivate you to become a better player.