How to control anxiety?

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
listen to your favorite songs, imagine something pleasant:)

M

maorodman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play!!

It is very difficult to control anxiety. does anyone have any tips to give me

Play as much torunaments you can (not at the same time).

The more you play, more experienced you get and less anxious you become!!

Try playing some freerolls, before you begin to spend your money!

Last edited:
D

denis_og79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
we play for the prize pool and many for the short term, try not to think too much about these two things

N

Nik990

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If anxiety arises in the game, when the matter is closer to the prizes, then it’s a distraction and try to imagine that you are just playing for chips) if in general about anxiety, then sports, hobbies, books will definitely help

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Meditation helps with controlling anxiety. Try to focus on something that calms you and 7se that as a focal point.

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most important, don't watch or listen to all the fake news! It's all terribly riddled with fear inducing propaganda. Turn it off. There are better ways to inform yourself these days.

Listen to chill music or nature sounds instead. Try some Aromatherapy ? There are so many ways to relax.

I'm also with the smoke some weed gang, but it may not be right for you. If you are not in a safe comfortable environment , or it is illegal where you are, you may experience paranoia.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Apparently, you have insomnia from time to time. Insomnia is one of the possible causes of feelings of unreasonable anxiety. Try to drink mint tea twice a day. This should help you cope with anxiety and in addition mint tea has a good effect on sleep.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Apparently, you have insomnia from time to time. Insomnia is one of the possible causes of feelings of unreasonable anxiety. Try to drink mint tea twice a day. This should help you cope with anxiety and in addition mint tea has a good effect on sleep.
Oh, mint tea! I immediately wanted .:tee:

S

Schijtlijster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also try to listen to music while playing to relax. Even though I do so it does not take away the unrest. Only when everyone here in the house is asleep I get a bit calmer. But that is for maybe half and hour. Most of the time I cannot even play. Typing here is possible because I can put the computer away at any time. Tourneys I can barely play.

duri32

duri32

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try some breathing exercises, recently I downloaded App it is called Breathwrk you have there exercises for anxiety,sleeping,energy and much more

davidkimtai89

davidkimtai89

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Meditation is a good way , do jogging everyday , restrain coffe or alcohol ,

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! :) How to control anxiety? Hm. :confused: The interesting question!..:rolleyes:
I think, less to think about this...:eek: And to continue live further!..:cool: By one simple reason:
because all will as will!..:smile: Choose your destiny, and then destiny choose You! :icon_bigs
And Good Luck Everybody in New Year! ;):angel::)

funnyhook3

funnyhook3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the main thing is to drink as little alcohol as possible, it kills brain cells and more

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I had a time when I started to get panic attacks, after a traumatic experience, and I just sat down for five minutes, cleared my mind by concentrating on my breathing, counting the seconds between breathes, and once I had some control over my breathing the panic attack subsided and I was able to carry on.
It is a mental issue and can be very severe with some people, I consider myself to be a rational person who can be in full control of my emotions, and I don't want to take drugs or turn to alcohol to try and calm myself down, that is the wrong solution because it only mask's the problem and does not help in the long term.
You have to find where the problem is, address it, and face it head on, it is hard, but it works for me.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doing something parallel to playing poker like reading a storybook or fixing something helps to not get too focused on poker and also not having coffee on game day helps a lot for me.:)

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow! So many replies to Guderas on a post that is about 16 months old. It seems nowadays that many people can not escape the technology that demands for us to stay in touch constantly which leads to greater stress which then leads to greater anxiety.

Last edited:
S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Controlling anxiety is very difficult. There is medication out there , prescribed by doctors, but i find it best when i tell myself to stay calm, deep breaths and realize it all passes. That works for me, no guarantee it will work for you . Good Luck!

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To controll anxiety you can do things which presuppose the courage, for example parachute jump, do extreme sports, or even conqeur the most beatiful girl in your town, in poker play with Bankrollmanagement

J

Joselmb31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good question, I think that anxiety touches us all in a different way, and in turn different with each situation that touches us at the tables, I think one of them is when you get high pairs in position and nobody enters before you, not knowing whether to bet little for someone to enter or simply play the hand properly and only benefit from the blinds.

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
eat/drink anti anxiety foods while you play. google anti anxiety foods. also keep a weight bell next to computer and pump it a few times when you get stressed