Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You may need to determine the cause of your anxiety first. Maybe you play at too high limits and therefore get nervous. I think if a player follows bankroll management then he has no reason to worry and be nervous.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is very difficult to control anxiety. does anyone have any tips to give me

Honestly, it would be best to seek advice from a psychiatrist, therapist, and / or psychologist. psychiatrist can prescribe medication to help with anxiety, and a therapist, and / or psychologist can help you understand the cause of and ways to cope with anxiety.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You must have taken your decisions before you play from strategic view and mental view. So there must not be problem with anxiety during the game in a grade that will destroy your game.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to control your anxiety, have a shot of rum in coffee. That's what I would do years ago, when I first started playing. It loosens you up, but I don't have the anxiety anymore since I have been playing for years now.

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I practice yoga, and I always do physical activity, running, cycling, everything helps, but the mind needs to be clean, 100%, otherwise you will be susceptible to the emotion of the game.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
it's very easy, in my opinion, to treat poker as a simple game, which it really is :); and don't gamble money you can't afford to lose and everything will be fine:)

JohnWayne329

JohnWayne329

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As for me, taking a shower helps me. Just chill and don't get bothered

T

terameraa6

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I recommend practicing and getting more experience. Realize that most players are just as nervous and anxious as you are!

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sheer will power, stoic approach to every situation.. logic. These are all good weapons to wield and master.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think you're just a beginner over time, anxiety will go away by itself don't worry we all went through it

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think you should start playing with small amounts and increase them gradually in order to avoid anxiety ;)

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is very difficult to control anxiety. does anyone have any tips to give me
If you are referring to poker, I recommend playing with very low blinds. Even if it sounds absurd, I think it is very important to feel comfortable before playing "higher limits". This way I have lost the fear of taking risks and not letting fear guide my decisions.

offshore11000

offshore11000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a deep breath, drink lots of water, make notes about what is worrying you.:);):D

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Get one of those stress balls that you can squeeze or stretch out of shape or one of those fidget spinners, they keep your mind occupied somewhere else.

lalinha

lalinha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I usually watch a movie at the same time but only at the beginning of the tournament, I don't pay full attention to the game even on purpose, so as not to influence myself in having to increase my chips soon, I only play the premium ones aggressively and much less often,
when I get to the awards I'm more confident and not anxious, so I focus more on the game. But I only discovered this recently, I made many mistakes before because of anxiety and I still do, but each one is in a way, you should try some things that relax you in these moments, sometimes a chamomile tea or concentration supplements, many do that or just a lot of cigarettes. haha

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You just need to understand that poker has a lot of probabilities, and you can lose with your favorite hand and in any situation. When playing many tables, you don't have to focus on specific failures and stay calm and cool. Symphonic or relaxing music while playing can help.

J

jivkoptkv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BG
Chips
This is the mindset I try to follow while playing tournaments to avoid pressure:

1. Right posture can bring your attention on your breathing and it's helpful for remaining calm
2. Drink enough water
3. Use the breaks (and not only them) to move around the room for a minute
4. Play within your bankroll and accept variance
5. Don't play if you're not in the mood for it
6. Know your goals
- is it most important to get in the money and return your investment or you're dedicated to be at the final table and win
- accept that sometimes you will lose with your best hand and remember the times the luck has been on your side
- try to have fun : )