How to control anxiety?

maestro121920

maestro121920

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just stop whaever you are doing and close your eyes and meditate, inhale hold for 5 sec exhale slowly

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think in such situations it is best to take a break for a couple of days.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Try asking yourself questions: what exactly am I afraid of? Can I influence it? This will help reduce anxiety. Stress and anxiety are part of the body's natural response to danger, fight, and flight. When someone feels threatened, their body releases stress hormones. People can manage their stress and anxiety through relaxation techniques such as breathing exercises, physical activity, and talking about their worries. Get enough sleep and limit caffeine and alcohol.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It is very difficult to control anxiety. does anyone have any tips to give me
First you have to make sure that this player is really good.

If he goes, he won't always win, the variance will make him lose.

And even though it's good, sometimes luck will win.

So, first you have to know if it's really good or just guessing, then draw conclusions.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think anxiety tends to go away the more you play. A couple of other things you can try are play more tables or try to think very hard about the hand. Its difficult to be anxious and do math at the same time.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't control , then the controller disappears the control and the anxiety

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to set yourself up in advance, inspire yourself that there will be bad periods in poker

S

satriyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Look for a YOGA book on BREATH CONTROL. And practice these techniques, they are very simple and effective. Practice relaxation for 20 minutes every day ... you will notice the change very quickly

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Play casual poker, have more fun and things to do outside of poker.
If the fun is less than the nervs, then probably you should play less / take a break.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone, it's a broad question, if it's anxiety to make quick money, it's very important that you keep in mind that this is very unlikely, since poker is a game that takes a long time to know if you are a profitable player or not.
You need to watch videos of good poker players talking about poker variance.
One of the main characteristics of good players is patience, if you are playing poker and are anxious this is a problem that must be corrected.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A very general question. If we’re talking about occasional anxiety that keeps you from sleeping some nights I find playing low stakes online cash games works for me. If I win (which I usually do) it boosts my mood and it’s back to sleep I go.

It doesn’t have to be, and probably shouldn’t be real money. Play money games work well and would be my unqualified, non-professional recommendation for the average person experiencing anxiety. Most people are more likely to know which of those they excel at and therefore are more likely to win. I tend to accumulate huge play money balances that just sit there waiting for me to do something with on those occasional sleepless nights.

If I don’t win, it still seems to help as it takes my mind off whatever’s keeping me from sleeping.

Play cash games, not tournaments so you can quit the moment you win a big hand. Of course, you don’t want to pick a high stakes game that will put you in the hole if you lose.

Last edited:
G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If during the game it is very simple, for this you just need to realize one thought that you can be moved at any moment of the game, no matter what cards you have)

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if anyone knows the formula to control anxiety, teach me, because the most I can do is disguise a little...

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what I do is go for a walk for a few hours

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jogging or walking close to nature helps.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't demand so much from yourself, try to organize your routine, have a relaxing drink, a good night's sleep can also impact your day in that sense, so keep an eye on that too.

Mihail Grinvich

Mihail Grinvich

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is difficult to control the excitement, especially when you are at the final table of the tournament. If there is a constant excitement at the beginning of the tournament that cannot be restrained, it is better not to play poker (gambling) to preserve the nervous system.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello:)
There is no need to play when you are nervous or angry, the psychological state of the player has an important role in the game of poker, my advice to you is to stop playing until you regain your calm and focus, and if this happens while playing, you must breathe deeply for several times and leave the nerve behind you And do not rush to get your chips or money back, and try to get busy focusing on the game and the opponents until you stabilize yourself.
good luck to you