how bad it is to show the cards in your game

L

Litosfrank17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes bluffing, showing cards can explain to the players if we really lie or not showing the

Terrell423

Terrell423

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe showing your cards that you bluff can be a advantage if you play a another hand that you do have the best hand and play that hand the same way as if you was bluffing

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was told that you should never show your hand. If you do then players can start to read how you play

A

ATruRube

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why? You never see pros showing their hand, unless..sometimes, head to head, calling or all in- one player might say, " if I fold, will you show me your hand?" That person may or may not agree to it.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The worst thing to do is to show the folding hand that shouldnt be folded. Never show your weakness. Like you have ace suited on big blind and you fold to a min bet. Never show that. Unless you want to have a target on your back.

I sometimes show my hand when someone thinks I am making a move on them to avoid them tilting and trying to outplay me at all the next pots cause they think I outplayed them.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree, you should never show your hands. Just fold and take the pot. Don't let people see how you play for free.

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not see anything wrong with that. Confusing your opponent is always good. So I'm not afraid to show cards after a bluff, and with a strong hand. However, I like it more, when the opponent pays the amount I ask to see my cards at the opening after the river.

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will admit that when someone is showing their hands at the table it brings out the Schadenfreude in me. I tend to wish them bad luck as I watch future hands unfold. I'm not sure why this is. Perhaps it is a character flaw in yours truly. lol

Lefty Blue

Lefty Blue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honest play

I like to project an image of an honest player. If i raise preflop and everyone folds I'll show my Aces Kings or Queens. Post flop if I raise an everone fols and I've got high pair with Ace kicker I'll show it. After about an hour, I now have the opportunity to Bluff or semi Bluff successfully.

T

Top Top

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Showing your hands will make other players know your ranges but it can help you build your table image if the table is so conservative you should show them some hands and muck the majority and that could help when you bluff but if you are not bluffing too much or there's no need to bluff it will be better to muck all hands if there are no players to the Showdown

I

icandonkyou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I showed a bluff in a live game aggressively. I bluffed this guy with a raise and he folded the 3 best hand. Then I flipped over the bluff and it deflated his game and he bubbled after. However, we agreed (those that made the money) to pay him his buyin back it was $150 buyin. I ended up winning that night for over $1200. It was a good fun game. But as has been said sometimes it is beneficial to show a hand, not always but sometimes it is.

NoPlace4U

NoPlace4U

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my hands, if you do it once in a while with a purpose in mind is fine but doing it just because is gonna cost you in the long run.

steve22055

steve22055

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will show my cards once in a great while. Really depends on what game it is and who the players at the table are. I agree with some of the others though. Why show em for free?

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not showing your cards..

sometimes bluffing, showing cards can explain to the players if we really lie or not showing the

Why would you show, ever? The advantage is being unknown. Online, you can show your cards, if that's what turns you on. Seen too many live games turn into borderline riots when drunk players do not appreciate being "shown up" by other players. Just my thoughts, others have valid points.

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday....sometimes showing a bluff helps...but i rarely do,,,,thanks darrell

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, if you want to win something in poker, you can,t show your cards. This time you will show them, and they will make a note on you and they will have more information about you and this will help them in their game.

K

kceow2981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is definitely some value in showing your cards to opponents from time to time. I am yet to incorporate this into my game because I've just always had the "Auto Muck" option enabled on all the sites I play on and have been too lazy unclick it haha. But when I'm playing live I will occasionally show a bluff to someone who I think might be fishy so I get more calls with value hands later or vice versa (show the nuts to a tight player so I can bluff them more frequently later on).

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never show your cards unless it is after the action on the river and it is for the win...

Good luck !

K

kalon breeden

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think you should ever show your cards...I truly believe that it only helps the other players at your table gain knowledge on your play...Its helps everyone and hurts you in my opinion.

flathead

flathead

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The worst thing to do is to show the folding hand that shouldnt be folded. Never show your weakness. Like you have ace suited on big blind and you fold to a min bet. Never show that. Unless you want to have a target on your back.

Sometimes having a target on your back is advantageous, IF you only do it once, and at the right time, against the right opponent. I think the worst thing you can be is totally predictable. If you can find ways of making other players think you have a screw loose without losing too much of your stack you can really cash in.

A

Andy_mirON

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Show off your bluff you gave information to the opponents for free, you will have a target on back because opponents will note that you are in a situation to bluff if you know that the next similar hand you play strictly by hand and want to build a trap, then you opened the card is not nothing, but if you just open card to show the bluff - without any plan to re-use what is now thought of you opponents, that your action was very poor ...

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the only time you should show your cards are if your are trying to set a specific table image in which u plan to utilize later in the game. Unless you are doing it specifically for this reason, you are hurting your chances of winning. You just will be giving attentive opponents more information about your range and what cards you play from where. I find it really bad (just plain stupid) to show your cards after making a tight fold, especailly in the blinds. You might as well just hand him the rest of your blinds afterwards. Showing off multiple bluffs is equally as stupid. I can understand showing after a well-timed bluff, with the hope of tilting your opponent or using it to your advantage, but if your just doing it for the lulz then its gonna do you more harm then good.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are, after you show a bluff card,I don't care, I don't do that.Perhaps they want show that they players or piss off opponents...

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think only TAG players should show their rare bluffs...

HAMC81

HAMC81

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think is smart unless u have an angle

Top 10 Games