Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Omaha has much more variance, the hands are much more competitive as each player has four cards, which makes possible combinations much more likely.

So Omaha is much more unpredictable than Holdem.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play Holdem most of the time, but I also like to play Omaha, simply because I can make stronger combinations there more often. I also like to play 6+ holdem, maybe even more than omaha

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I like both, but I prefer Texas Hold'em. One important thing is that you should not play both at the same time, because it can cause confusion. Play only one type at a time.

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Omaha hi/lo very much.
Lately I have been playing Omaha hi/lo on ACR, and it gomes along very vell.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me there is nothing with Holdem, it has all the phases that poker shows. But Omaha is also a great game to have fun with friends.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Holdem Vs Omaha

Which of the two is more intense:
Texas Holdem or Omaha?

Let me know your opinion
I just don't play Omaha that often, so Hold'em is more intense for me. And Omaha for me is more about playing post-flop than pre-flop. Except that Omaha high/low can be more intense, as you are evaluating the chances of two different ways to win. :cool::unsure:

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Omaha is often viewed as more intense due to its complexity. Players get four hole cards, not just two like in Texas Hold'em, leading to more potential hand combinations and a generally higher action level. This complexity demands a strong understanding of odds and opponent strategies, contributing to its intensity. Texas Hold'em, while perhaps seen as less complex, still offers deep strategic and psychological elements, especially in competitive environments. The choice between the two depends on what aspects of poker you find most engaging and challenging.

NSX_Amfe2nat

NSX_Amfe2nat

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Holdem has more fishes. 100% holdem

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate Omaha hi/lo.
I prefer regular Omaha /courchevel /5 cards PLO
Split pots with the wheel is the stupidest concept.
I like the hi/lo variations in stud cause it will keep more hands until the end. But there is enough variation in regular PLO. Why complicate it?

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Holdem and especially NL Holdem...it brings me joy while playing and also the fact that it's never over until you are left without chips.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Omaha 😍
Any of poker variations is more interesting than Holdem... (if you ask me)

Artemloshara

Artemloshara

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, hold'em is more interesting to play as it is a standard poker game without the extra two cards

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
More intense, în my opinion, îs the game of omaha, because what ever you do /play almost every time îs a gambling play..

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like holdem more, Omaha has a lot of variance to me.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Omaha is a more dynamic game, and Hold'em is probably more intense in terms of intensity. Omaha has many more bad beats and higher variance than Hold'em. I now work as a dealer in a small poker club and in our club they only play 5-card Omaha, and sometimes Courchevel. Our players find it boring to play Hold'em after they have learned to play Omaha. Well, personally, I prefer Hold’em, I believe that it is in this type of poker that you can show real skill, it is much more difficult to play with two cards in your hands than with four or five cards.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Your question is specifically, which is more intense. Most people are just giving answers on which game they prefer, or just thoughts on both games. That is absolutely fine too. I've enjoyed reading the replies here, very interesting!!!

I would say omaha is typically more intense based on the fact there is just more action, and margins are slimmer, especially preflop. I could make the case that nothing is more intense than a final table of a large field hold em MTT though. I guess it can be situational in that respect.

If Mike McDermott was right, and holdem is the "cadillac of poker", then omaha is the ferrari.

As far as which game I prefer, I would say omaha, specifically omaha hi-lo (PLO8). Since you only asked which game is more intense, I will spare you the intricate details of my opinion on how the games compare and why I love omaha. I look forward to expressing that in a future thread, or here if anyone has any interest LOL.

Jdawglet

Jdawglet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I find Hold’em hands have a bigger element of player reading they Omaha.

Every bet up to the river is almost a semi bluff in that the river can change everything

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Holdem I play almost always . So holdem for me . I do not know well Omaha , I just play Omaha for fun very rarely .

Luka22guro

Luka22guro

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hold'em is currently more popular, maybe because it is a little easier than Omaha, but as I know, Omaha is also gaining popularity.

M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
Omaha is more crazy. Too many cards and outs.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I prefer hold em, I tried omaha and it's ok, but it's not my style.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer to play Hold'em, but I know Omaha has more action.

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules