zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just found this thread.

anyone care for cliff nontes?

lol at cliff notes on 2 pages, umm basically try out HEM and if you like it and haven't bought PT3 yet consider getting it instead because basically it's similar if not better in function to PT3 and it doesn't have all the bugs and the HUD (apparently) works even with mass multitabling. I'm about to test that out, just did a bunch of stuff to try to speed up my computer, I'll let y'all know how it goes.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well HEM failed my 20-table test, made it fine through ~12 when it started to get worse and at 20 it was simply unplayable. Still fared much better than PT3 and I've made a post in the HEM forum to try to get help, so we'll see. I'll update on what I find out.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm can PT3 not data mine? I opened 20 tables but only showing stats on the one I am playing at.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm can PT3 not data mine? I opened 20 tables but only showing stats on the one I am playing at.

What site you at? It's illegal to data-mine on Stars, so it won't do it there. Haven't played anywhere else so hopefully someone else will answer if you're somewhere else like FT.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What site you at? It's illegal to data-mine on Stars, so it won't do it there. Haven't played anywhere else so hopefully someone else will answer if you're somewhere else like FT.

I was on Stars :p

I'll open 20 random FTP tables later and see how it goes

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I opened 18 windows on FTP fairly quickly, PT3 hud started popping up on all of them.

FTP told me I had to many windows open and can't open any more, lol

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, it was annoying as hell as they kept popping up 1 at a time as the first hand was played, but now they all seem to be running fast / stable.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still going good :p

20tableax9.jpg

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While it is still running smooth for me, I guess I could see why it lags others.

It is taking 20% of my CPU (I have 2 cores, so 40% if I had 1 core). Plus another 100MB of ram.

For most people that is probably a lot of CPU usage...if you want to check just press CTRL+ALT+Delete

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea PT3 is a resource hog.

I a was browsing 2p2 software forums and noticed that Poker EV is going to release a full tracking software, not sure if that will have HUD but then its just more options which is a good thing.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OMG!!!!!

HEM is the dogs bollocks!!!!

20 tabled for over an hour, not one single crash and zero f***king LAG.

:party:

Woooow my month just got a whole lot better, now if only I could win some poker moniez!:rolleyes:

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OMG!!!!!

HEM is the dogs bollocks!!!!

20 tabled for over an hour, not one single crash and zero f***king LAG.

:party:

Woooow my month just got a whole lot better, now if only I could win some poker moniez!:rolleyes:

Wow really? what kind of computer do you have and processor/RAM and all that stuff? As mentioned for me ~12 got a little laggy and by 20 it was unplayable.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm confident I can open 40+ tables without lag, 20 tables last night was extremely smooth.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow really? what kind of computer do you have and processor/RAM and all that stuff? As mentioned for me ~12 got a little laggy and by 20 it was unplayable.

17" laptop, intel core duo 2ghz, 2gb ram,320 gb HDD. It's about 4 months old.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Plus I have imported about 180k hands in the database as well and it's autoimorting the live hands fine, no lag.

Zach, are you having lag with HEM?

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zach, are you having lag with HEM?

Yes, when I tried 20-tabling 2nl it failed miserably. Just every time it imported a hand the entire screen would sort of refresh and take a few seconds and with that happening every few seconds basically I had very little time where it was not lagging. At ~12 everything was fine though. Been doing everything I can in the last 24 hours to get my computer to go faster, figured that must be the problem since everyone else seems to run it so smooth and I've got similar stats as you on my laptop (2 GB RAM, 2 GHz, not sure what HDD is or how to check that).

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, when I tried 20-tabling 2nl it failed miserably. Just every time it imported a hand the entire screen would sort of refresh and take a few seconds and with that happening every few seconds basically I had very little time where it was not lagging. At ~12 everything was fine though. Been doing everything I can in the last 24 hours to get my computer to go faster, figured that must be the problem since everyone else seems to run it so smooth and I've got similar stats as you on my laptop (2 GB RAM, 2 GHz, not sure what HDD is or how to check that).

HDD is hard drive lol

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hopefully Chuck will have tested it a bit more thoroughly as well, so he can comment on LAG issues as well.

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zach your performance might be related to your video card hardware within your laptop. Some laptops have a real nice solution from ATI or nVIDIA, while others have some horrible Intel based thing that shares memory from your RAM. I think you would see a dramatic difference in the HUD between those two hardware solutions for laptops.

One thing that might help everyone (?) is to update your video card drivers. I have not tested HEM myself yet, I got the HUD working on 1 table and it worked fine (which is obviously no test in itself outside of 'did it work').

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Video card drivers should not be as big of a deal as the video card itself, I have a 8800GT (fairly nice "gaming" video card) so I guess that might be another reason.

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^ Naturally, like I said in my post. Drivers can help though. 99% of the time you are stuck with a video card for a laptop so the 1 to 2% performance boost is worth it (it's free afterall) assuming there are new drivers out there.

BTW nice card hehehe I have a 8800GTS myself.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had the 8800GTS but it was free upgrade to 8800GT and I heard good things so I went with it ^^

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well ive tried it out more thoroughly this afternoon (i dont play as many tables as some here) and found it to be really smooth running and the imformation was easily understandable and accessible.

I did at first have trouble with seeing the HUD stats but once i found where and how to change them it was a breeze.

Big thumbs up for Mr Chuck for alerting us to it and now i must attack my piggy bank and count some coinage out :D

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FWIW my laptop has an nvidia geforce graphics card.