Hold'em Manager

ajrobin

ajrobin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry for dragging up and old thread but I reckoned it was better then starting a new one. Im sick and tired of PT3, its given me no end of trouble these last couple days so im giving HEM a whirl. My question is: Is there anyway to get all the hands I imported into PT3 (30K+) into HEM so i dont loose all of that? Or do I have to start from scratch. DLing chucks video now so hopefully ill be able to set this up this evening and give it a test run.

Edit: Well i fell at the first hurdle, cant even get it to find my PostgreSQL database. Keeps being 'forcibly closed' or not having the right info. /sigh i hate all things computer related.

Last edited:
ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You'll have to export your hand histories from PT3 and reimport them into a new HEM database.

To export from PT3, go to Database menu> Database Management, then choose your main DB and click the export button at the bottom.

To import in HEM it's pretty straight-forward, just go to the Import tab, and import from folder, then browse for wherever you exported your HHs to.

Keep in mind you can only import 5k hands into the trial version of HEM.

ajrobin

ajrobin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
K, thanks Chuck, was pretty sure youd have the answe, I think ill save the mass import until/if I buy the whole thing . Final question before I try the HUD at the tables... Ive got the option to diasble the Daily Cache. Im not quite sure what this does so am unwilling to commit either way. It says something about noe being able to stats for all players on specific days. Opinions?

ajrobin

ajrobin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ugh im such a donk at this... Ive finally got it to find my Postgre thingy, create a new DB and everything appears to be running smoothly, but i cant get Auto Import to work. ARGH, its driving me insane. Ive got Options->Configure Auto Import Folders and have selected where they are being saved, and SOMETHINGs happening as 'Table Manager' Pops up but apparantly theres no HH, noone sitting at my table. I think it might be becasue multiple HHs for a table are saved in one doc. but im so unsure :(. Looks like another hour of tinkering for me

ajrobin

ajrobin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha sorry for my spam posts but ive nearly got everything worked out. Last question: Is there any way to get rid of that star / note taking thing on the HUD? It takes up room and i just dont want it there..

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha sorry for my spam posts but ive nearly got everything worked out. Last question: Is there any way to get rid of that star / note taking thing on the HUD? It takes up room and i just dont want it there..

AFAIK that`s the only thing on the HUD that is not editable.

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sigh...

Bumping this thread as warning to others. Stay the hell away from pokertracker 3. Useless piece of bugridden software ever. It's *slightly* better than Windows ME (to put things in perspective). I want my money back.

Guess I'll be buying HEM on top of PT3...

Oh and I needed to rant about it a bit so there you go.. I feel better. Sorta. :mad:

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well you won't be dissatisfied with HEM, I can pretty much guarantee that :)