Hold'em Manager

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never used any of these available programs. What I am more interested in however, is I have heard many times in many places that peeps who do have improved their game as the programs shows up the "holes" in their own play. As there are many users here is this an accurate statement.?
appreciated.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never used any of these available programs. What I am more interested in however, is I have heard many times in many places that peeps who do have improved their game as the programs shows up the "holes" in their own play. As there are many users here is this an accurate statement.?
appreciated.

Yes, for a free check into what they can do I'd advocate importing all the hands you've played online (hopefully at least a few thousand) into PokerTracker version 3, which at the moment is in a free trial. While the HUD is extremely helpful for multi-tabling, just the tracker itself can be used to go over your stats, what you do in different situations, you can use it to review all the big winners, losers, see if you're doing anything wrong in them, are you giving up on too many flops? etc. So even if you don't plan on spending money for it I'd look at the PT3 trial which allows you an infinite number of hands, but only for the next month or so (forget exactly, but it was 60 days from when it came out, which was about a month ago I think).

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
appreciated.

IMO tracking and analyzing your own play is the single biggest improvement you can make in your game. Using the stats of others during play is also a huge help (especially if you multi table). With these programs you get both.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chuck, thx very much for doing the vid, you're a star! Just watching it now. Awesome, love the burp halfway thru', lol.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol yeah def thanks for that Chuck, I never even used it or saw the program before so it opened my eyes and I can fall back on it if I ever do get it... +1

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many tables you playing Ark?

Usually 4, with a few open of just me railing people.

I'll try and do 16+ for a few hours some time next week and see if PT3 does anything stupid then :p

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watching video now, but the comment about bet raise raise fold you made is right if it's HU, but say it's 3 handed, hero bets, 2 others raise, hero folds, that'd be how I'd interpret that sequence.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep PT3 seems to work fine upto 12 tables or so. After that if you play for a while, then it gets buggy as hell imo.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What version of PT3 are you using arkadiy (beta 12, 13, release 2)?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep PT3 seems to work fine upto 12 tables or so. After that if you play for a while, then it gets buggy as hell imo.

I can't even get 8 tables working consistently well at Tilt.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
appreciated.

Any tracking program will help you find the leaks. But in the end none so far will pop up a box saying , 'HEY YOU, HERE'S A LEAK! PLUG IT!'

You could march through all your hand histories, and eventually stumble on a leak to work on, but have you ever done that for more than several hands? Didn't think so. These programs are designed to make the task easier, providing you the opportunity to plug the leaks YOU FIND!

Emphasis on YOU FIND!

Hopefully HEM, or PO will match what has been suggested PT3 will offer, a comprehensive bankroll Management feature. To me, this is the most important feature and major reason I have PT3. I'm too dam lazy to have a notebook next to my computer and actually use it.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Release 2

The latest beta is even more stable, and seems faster. For me anyway.

I have not run it past 3 tables. I'm a tourney guy, and don't (generally) play FR.

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any tracking program will help you find the leaks. But in the end none so far will pop up a box saying , 'HEY YOU, HERE'S A LEAK! PLUG IT!'

You could march through all your hand histories, and eventually stumble on a leak to work on, but have you ever done that for more than several hands? Didn't think so. These programs are designed to make the task easier, providing you the opportunity to plug the leaks YOU FIND!

Emphasis on YOU FIND!

Hopefully HEM, or PO will match what has been suggested PT3 will offer, a comprehensive Bankroll Management feature. To me, this is the most important feature and major reason I have PT3. I'm too dam lazy to have a notebook next to my computer and actually use it.

I didn't expect a pop-up box, I've never imported hand histories as I rarely play cash games, sng's and mtt's as I find in miro stakes ring most call with junk and catch in multiple pot's and when you move up to $1-$2 games there always seems to be player with about 10x your stack. A friend of mine was playing 1c-2c game last nite and a jerk joined the table with over $1000 fgs.

PokerVic

PokerVic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
appreciated.

Yep, it definitely showed me a few holes. One example is that you can see your winrate at every seat. (based on the location of the BB) That showed me I was playing way too loose in early position, and as soon as I tightened up my opening range in early position, I was able to post a profit in all seats. (not including the blinds)

Good to see an alternative to PT being discussed. I might have to try out the trial as well.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've used the 5k hands limitation already, there were some hands still in the Stars HH file, so only got to play like 800 hands at 18 tables. Totally lag free, it was a dream tbh. My concern is if the lag will commence if the database is huge. Think I'm gonna be buying this fwiw.

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've used the 5k hands limitation already, there were some hands still in the Stars HH file, so only got to play like 800 hands at 18 tables. Totally lag free, it was a dream tbh. My concern is if the lag will commence if the database is huge. Think I'm gonna be buying this fwiw.

I have read HM is designed to be able to handle 20+ million hand databases. Whether it's true or not, I dunno. I have ~250k hands in my HM database and havnt noticed any changes in performance yet.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Nice, I'm in the process of cleaning up my computer just to try to get it to run a bit faster (thought of adding RAM, but already got 2 gigs and from what I've seen this should be plenty). Basically if I can get the same result, no lag from the HUD on ~20 tables, they'll have my $80 before the end of the week.

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know if I'll ever use any of this stuff, I mean I prolly would If I could, but other than that I haven't needed it, does anyone think it would help my SNG or MTT game, obv I don't play cash games....

No.

But that's my personal experience. I was thinking of making a post about this, and I still might. But I found that I do substantially better without PokerTracker running. I think maybe it forces me to pay more attention.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just downloaded it and im trying the trial and it looks very good,i doubt i will buy it since i dont play much ring but can some one tell me how my stats look.
$/Hr -VPIP --- pfr ---3bet% -Agg factor-- WTSD% --won at SD
4.25- 22,3%- 14,7% -6,1 ----4,7 ---------22,6 ------55
This is a tiny sample but can some one explain to me what these stats say about me?

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Took about 50 minutes or so to import 170k hands. Gonna try it out in full tomorrow.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stats look decent sindri. We can't give you some kind of big analysis based on those stats (esp with a small sample size), but it looks like you're playing a winning game.

I just finished importing my whole database (~160k hands, ~1 hour) minus the <10k FLHE hands. HM is getting a little slow :( It's not brutal or anything, but it's a little discouraging. Hopefully the hud runs smooth still.....

Going to reboot my PC and see if it speeds up. I've been running a lot of stuff lately; maybe clearing the caches and all that bunk will quicken things up.

Stealth brag: June is teh sick.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 45
icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd like to definitely see a report. I agree ... I am also getting fed up with the non-updates to PokerTracker3. The HUD is indeed buggy and is causing everything to lag after a while, and I only do 6 tables MAX. Obviously I would be willing to switch if something was more reliable and didn't cause things to be slowed down.

Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stats look decent sindri. We can't give you some kind of big analysis based on those stats (esp with a small sample size), but it looks like you're playing a winning game.

I just finished importing my whole database (~160k hands, ~1 hour) minus the <10k FLHE hands. HM is getting a little slow :( It's not brutal or anything, but it's a little discouraging. Hopefully the hud runs smooth still.....

Going to reboot my PC and see if it speeds up. I've been running a lot of stuff lately; maybe clearing the caches and all that bunk will quicken things up.

Stealth brag: June is teh sick.

I hate you for that!

so i just downloaded the trial, about to test it out. a nice non buggy hud would be nice. pt3 doesnt lag for me, its just randomly quits. plus this is cheaper.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just played 800 hands (8 tables) and the HUD was rock solid. I just wish I liked the program more. Something about the look and feel is just off. I don't know maybe it's the fact that I've already paid for PT3 that's effecting my opinion. I'd definitely recommend people try it, but I think I'm going back to the buggy POS that is PT3.