Chips
You sure are getting plenty of mileage on those HH's Mr Pilgrim. :D

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, OP said higher stakes games = easier for quality players... I am no quality player by any means. lol

No but you're the reason WHY higher stakes might be easier for quality players!!! :D

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No but you're the reason WHY higher stakes might be easier for quality players!!! :D

Yes, then I agree with that 100%. Especially since my table selection was so awesome. Sit down with AcidGrinder a hardcore reg @ this level, bad BR management but I had to do it once.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I pay more rake trying to multi-table SNGs...and I don't make as much in return. I should look into this cash game thing...

Keep in mind that the rake is higher at low stakes cash games than it is at high stakes... It probably still beats SNG's, especially low limit SNG's, but it won't get a lot better until you move up a lot.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol at WV said about Sean,just keeping it real as Dave Chappelle says.Any way i would like to know if NC took my advice an got the free trial of HEM or PT3.Haven't heard back from him.I Knew nothing about it myself till i joined this lovely forum and members like Belgo,WV,and FP told me about them.I was 1 tableing at the time looking back i have learned alot about my own game from that advice.
Many Thanks,Joe

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Do the math SP,... he would count as two, meaning 'you would count as 1/2'

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol Yes YES INDEED.jk nothing against NC i just hope he gets better an wins some$

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Higher Stakes MTT´s und Turbo-Multitable-SNG´s are easier in my opinion, because you can call the regs lighter and they also make no unpredictable donk moves in the beginning...

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Higher Stakes MTT´s und Turbo-Multitable-SNG´s are easier in my opinion, because you can call the regs lighter and they also make no unpredictable donk moves in the beginning...

Now you're just making the assumption that higher buy-in MTT's and SnG's are all ABC poker. It's not at all. Just because you don't have two donks shove their whole stacks on the first hand of the daily dollar with Q8 and A2, doesn't mean you won't see it in higher buy-in events. Granted there are less donks at higher MTTs and SnG's which makes the game harder not easier. Go check out any of FT's $69+ Guaranteed Daily Tournaments, Then go sharkscope 5 random one's chances are you're going to pull up 4 out of 5 who grind those everyday and have a decent ROI and the 1 out of 5 will have a negative ROI in most cases.

You want those unpredictable people at your table.

GCB

GCB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think any pro would rather play a table full of good players than a table full of unpredictable bad aggressive players. Because poker is all about knowing the odds and when you've got a bunch of people who are bouncing off the walls the predictability goes out the window.

I don't think there is a defense against random over-the-top aggressive play by most of the table, other than not playing.