Chips
Yeah, that's me, power trippin' all day long. :rolleyes:

NCfoldem

NCfoldem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure what that means, but you guys are awfully cliquish - reminds me of Junior H.S.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any way back to trying to help.I can't read anymore sarcastic,downing,and pointless post.NC did you look into the free trails of Poker Tracker 3 or HEM yet?It would help your game alot.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure what that means, but you guys are awfully cliquish - reminds me of Junior H.S.
Look around, you don't see it happening all over the forum. People just don't like obnoxious, condescending, asshats, and that's exactly what you're being in this thread. Junior H.S.? Look in the mirror. You can't shutup after insulting the people you "asked for help" from, and then you want to challenge the forum staff who are telling you to pipe down. That's immature and disrespectful, and you imply that we're immature? Grow up, dude. I think you'd be more welcome at another forum, you'd fit right in at one in particular...

Any way back to trying to help.I can't read anymore sarcastic,downing,and pointless post.NC did you look into the free trails of Poker Tracker 3 or HEM yet?It would help your game alot.

At this point, I'd save my breath.

NCfoldem

NCfoldem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Will do right now. Thank you - will do. I can see that I need hand info to get further help. Possibly the best reason of all to get those danged things, so others can see specifically what I'm doing wrong. But do they track free rolls?

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HEM is best for any tourny's just my thoughts.Not sure about tracking free rolls but i'm sure they do.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Let me spell it out for you - if you want to remain a member of this forum then be respectful to members and particularly the staff.

And read dmorris's post above which says everything else I was going to say.

This ends this discussion publicly - if you have anymore complaints send me a pm but keep the crap out of this thread.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And before some one says it no i was not rolled for this game under brm guide lines.Just another example of it doesn't matter what stakes you play players will throw there money around on semi bluffs an what not.They do not always get lucky o this is how we make money.

Full Tilt Poker $3000.00 No Limit Hold'em - 3 players - View hand 860024
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $2970.00
BB: $6194.00
BTN: $5895.00

Pre Flop: ($45.00) Hero is SB with 3 A
BTN raises to $105, Hero calls $90, 1 fold

Flop: ($240.00) 7 3 3 (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $150.00, Hero raises to $450, BTN calls $300

Turn: ($1140.00) 2 (2 players)
Hero bets $570.00, BTN raises to $5340, Hero calls $1845 all in

River: ($5970.00) 9 (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $5970.00
Hero shows 3 A
BTN shows A 5
Hero wins $5969.00
(Rake: $1.00)<---OMG.
I pay more rake trying to multi-table SNGs...and I don't make as much in return. I should look into this cash game thing...

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
True for the fishes. But the regs are way better higher up.

Yeah, I didn't go into a lot of detail on what I meant, lol.

Obviously the ones who have built their bankroll from little or nothing and have used BRM to get to the higher stakes are going to be good players... but there are players who just throw in their cash at high stakes as well, trying to start there.

So, there are going to be bad players at every level.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just as a point.

I think people in general have a style that is suited to different types of poker, ring games, SNG`s, MTT`s, Limit, NL, PL.

Like the OP, I suck at ring games - I never know when to stop. As an example, I played rush poker 2 days ago to pass a bit of time. I started with $10, dropped down to about $4, then hit a pot and took me up to $23.

Now, at that stage I thought "One more hand then I leave" However, I ended up playing for another hour, lost most of my chips and left the table with $4.

Playing MTT & SNG`s are easier for me as there is a definate start and finish.

So people seem to go down the route of "Cash games are the games top players play", etc. As far as I am concerned, play the form and type of poker you win money at.

So, to sum up, find out what is your best game and stick to it.

claudel

claudel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just saw a video on fulltilt sit-n-learn , where a pro guy said that is better to play smaller stakes to increase easier yor BR, but you cand chose the size of the stakes by the size of your bankroll...

Like the guy before, find out what suits you and stick to it ;)

doops

doops

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently read an article by Mike Caro (at the Doyle's Room website) in which he talks about the fact that great players can win with a hand that poor players would lose with. He also notes that excellent players make more off their good hands.

The article was, apparently, in response to the perception that "Durrr wins with that hand!" or "Hansen raised with garbage!" The point is that, because their post-flop play and player reads are superior to that of poor-average players, they can (at times) do well with hands that others might fold. They have a clue what size bet may get the other guy thinking about folding. And they know what it means when the other guy reraises. They know where the fold button is when their play didn't work.

In sum, you may see even the best players playing relatively crappy hands. But they may be playing the other player. It's a deeper game.

So, for the purpose of this thread, I would guess that the cards people hold may not be better at higher limits -- but they can roll right over most of us without having monsters. At least some of the time. Average players have a hard time at higher limits.

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are higher stakes poker tourneys and ring games easier for quality players? I can't afford them, so I don't know from personal experience. I have a theory that it might be easier to make money in them if you know what you're doing. Any truth to this?

HU4Rollz?

B

Bovinity

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The passive calling stations do suck out more than I can win back. There's gotta be a reason; I figure it's my style of play somehow (which I have said many times in this thread), and asked for help - my entire purpose for starting the thread.

You're probably playing too much fit-or-fold praying to get a monster paid off.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jesus ****ing Christ lock this shit box of a thread before NCFoldem has to go another round.

CntryBoys

CntryBoys

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would think at higher stakes the play would be much tighter and a lot more talent at those stakes.

A

AntiKhrist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to find that they are a bit easier. At least the skill level can't be complained about as much. So sick of playing at lower levels because the players are such garbage! I can't wait until I start getting some more income so I can start playing at higher levels again. :)

L

Leatherass

DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't read through this entire thread, but oh dear God no. The higher the stakes the better the players. Sure, you may find a game or two where this is not true, but 99% of the time, the higher you play the better the competition.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
HU4ROLLZ!!!!!!

NC you should consider taking this offer imo... it'd be somewhat like playing a DoN but instead w 3 players & you are two of them (in other words..... this guy here is offering you a great deal here... I would strongly advise taking it!)

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NC you should consider taking this offer imo... it'd be somewhat like playing a DoN but instead w 3 players & you are two of them (in other words..... this guy here is offering you a great deal here... I would strongly advise taking it!)

I don't understand how he counts as two people...

Let's Go Go Go!

full tilt poker Game #22508738083: Table La Cruz (heads up) - $5/$10 - No Limit Hold'em - 11:58:30 ET - 2010/07/22
Seat 1: Acidgrinder ($2,168.90)
Seat 2: IWannaPlay1kNL ($979.50)
Acidgrinder posts the small blind of $5
IWannaPlay1kNL posts the big blind of $10
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to IWannaPlay1kNL [9s 6c]
Acidgrinder raises to $20
IWannaPlay1kNL raises to $30
Acidgrinder calls $10
*** FLOP *** [9h 8c 6d]
IWannaPlay1kNL checks
Acidgrinder bets $50
IWannaPlay1kNL raises to $210
Acidgrinder has 15 seconds left to act
Acidgrinder has requested TIME
Acidgrinder raises to $420
IWannaPlay1kNL raises to $949.50, and is all in
Acidgrinder calls $529.50
Players agree to Run It Twice
IWannaPlay1kNL shows [9s 6c]
Acidgrinder shows [8s 7d]
*** TURN 1 *** [9h 8c 6d] 4♣
*** RIVER 1 *** [9h 8c 6d 4c] K♥
*** TURN 2 *** [9h 8c 6d] 9♣
*** RIVER 2 *** [9h 8c 6d 9c] [Td]
*** SHOW DOWN 1 ***
IWannaPlay1kNL shows two pair, Nines and Sixes
Acidgrinder shows a pair of Eights
*** SHOW DOWN 2 ***
IWannaPlay1kNL shows a full house, Nines full of Sixes
Acidgrinder shows a straight, Ten high
IWannaPlay1kNL wins pot 1 ($979) with two pair, Nines and Sixes
IWannaPlay1kNL wins pot 2 ($979) with a full house, Nines full of Sixes
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $1,959 | Rake $1
*** SUMMARY 1 ***
Pot 1 $979
Board: [9h 8c 6d 4c Kh]
Seat 1: Acidgrinder (small blind) showed [8s 7d] and lost with a pair of Eights
Seat 2: IWannaPlay1kNL (big blind) showed [9s 6c] and won ($979) with two pair, Nines and Sixes
*** SUMMARY 2 ***
Pot 2 $979
Board: [9h 8c 6d 9c Td]
Seat 1: Acidgrinder (small blind) showed [8s 7d] and lost with a straight, Ten high
Seat 2: IWannaPlay1kNL (big blind) showed [9s 6c] and won ($979) with a full house, Nines full of Sixes

----------------

I can suck out too...

Full Tilt poker game #22508774209: Table La Cruz (heads up) - $5/$10 - No Limit Hold'em - 12:01:09 ET - 2010/07/22
Seat 1: Acidgrinder ($1,258.40)
Seat 2: IWannaPlay1kNL ($1,888)
IWannaPlay1kNL posts the small blind of $5
Acidgrinder posts the big blind of $10
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to IWannaPlay1kNL [Td Qs]
IWannaPlay1kNL raises to $30
Acidgrinder raises to $100
IWannaPlay1kNL calls $70
*** FLOP *** [Qd Jd 4c]
Acidgrinder bets $170
IWannaPlay1kNL calls $170
*** TURN *** [Qd Jd 4c] 2♣
Acidgrinder bets $430
IWannaPlay1kNL calls $430
*** RIVER *** [Qd Jd 4c 2c] 2♦
Acidgrinder bets $558.40, and is all in
IWannaPlay1kNL calls $558.40
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Acidgrinder shows [4h Jh] two pair, Jacks and Fours
IWannaPlay1kNL shows [Td Qs] two pair, Queens and Twos
IWannaPlay1kNL wins the pot ($2,516.30) with two pair, Queens and Twos
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $2,516.80 | Rake $0.50
Board: [Qd Jd 4c 2c 2d]
Seat 1: Acidgrinder (big blind) showed [4h Jh] and lost with two pair, Jacks and Fours
Seat 2: IWannaPlay1kNL (small blind) showed [Td Qs] and won ($2,516.30) with two pair, Queens and Twos

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty sure you're the reason OP might be right!