Have you ever had suicidal thoughts because of your poker losses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Hey! When I lost in poker, I got very upset, but I never thought of suicide. I could close poker and not play for a week, I could sleep at night, it was very annoying, but I always coped with nothing, I didn't even break the keyboard))

T

To6Po6

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Never !!I am sad for a few minets but that`s it

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think suicide over a bad poker streak ever crossed my mind. I think that people who if this has happened is a significant sign of mental illness related to their psyche and should seek help as soon as possible, and although it hurts to say so, stay away from playing poker forever. Regards.

R

ravv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll management

No never. If you know how to manage your bankroll it should never happened to you in my opinion. You cant play for all your money it's too big risk. You can win a lot but from other side you can loose everything.
I hope no-one of you had such a felling!

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

No, there were no thoughts of suicide. Even with the most offensive losses and bad beats, the maximum I wanted was to break the computer mouse.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I was already very frustrated but not to the point of having that kind of thinking!

H

happiicake

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I'm not a high roller, so I don't think I would ever get to that level because I just play poker for a hobby. But even though I don't play big (like $100+) I feel really bummed and sad when I lose my games. So I can only imagine how those who lose the big games feel. :/

hunterws

hunterws

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to ask you if you have ever had suicidal thoughts after losing a streak of bad luck in poker and how you have dealt with them

When your thoughts go to suicide, it's time to seek professional help from your doc.
Suicide is very real, and very deadly.

Hope things get sorted for you, and no, some bad hands at poker would not put the typical person into that deep of a depression.

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
No never sometimes it can be frustrating but I don’t gamble what I can’t afford to lose so it wild never take a hold of me in that way

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
no never i will be there.........if that happen iwill stop before......my familly will past before and i will do all for my girlfriend and my 2 children.....

C

Carlloss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have these thoughts, then you should get help, because it's not poker that causes you, you should be prone to these thoughts. Never be alone and don't keep everything to yourself, talk to someone and share what you feel and think.

T

Tiltmode1987

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dude i have never acted upon these thoughts man but trust me, there have been nights when i have lost everything and out of anger and disgust i definitely had some crazy thoughts go through my head. Because of this i have learned that you should never play poker with money that you cannot afford to lose. I used to play with money that i needed for rent and bills and food man. Its the worst thing you can do. Just remember that things will get better eventually and nothing is worth taking your own life.

MrrrRock

MrrrRock

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
no, thats too much and pitty in any other case, but cmon, suicide because of poker??? or even money...

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nope but definitely some pity parties for myself. I think if it ever got to the point I thought of suicide I'd have to walk away from the game. It's not easy if you at that point I'd assume it's consumed ones life and there's many that gamble to the extreme best wishing they can turn themselves around.

G

Genep66

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow… if you’re playing for more money than you can afford then you need help. I play for the enjoyment and the chance to win some beer money!

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Of course no. If you have such a thought after losing, then quit this game forever. You should always play for the kind of money that you don't mind losing.

krasikrisi

krasikrisi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never had such thoughts. The game for me is a pleasure and variety. I don't rely on the winnings game to play with little money that doesn't count on my budget. If someone has such thoughts of suicide, urgently seek help, it is on a psychological level.

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes but I’m always kidding with myself, like having a bad day and jokingly saying “I’m going to jump out a window”

S

Shantri333

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Those "thoughts", as dark as they may first appear ....are unfortunately a natural mental chess game, common to most at some point.

Very little to do with poker, money or gambling ....but a war within ones entangled mind, where memories and dreams fight to the death....in search for an alternate, future reality.

Yes, this battle often ends in a stale mate, where casualties of consciousness are in constant supply......however it's also....In the same dark battle rooms where powers are gained and heroes are made, the recipe for legacy your only prize..

and the thoughts alone are not the defining conclusion but just your first 4 dealt plo cards, anything can happen , just breath and wait for the flop.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Never, I got angry, I cursed, but there are bad days and very good days, I take advantage of the bad ones to analyze the mistakes and the good ones to enjoy

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, this is impossible. For me, it remains just a game. Money cannot be changed in life, no matter what the loss is. In life, you can overcome all difficulties and compensate for the loss in other areas. You must have a strong will and move forward and remove negative and weak thoughts from your thinking

K

Kokolo69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you have to be an idiot to commit suicide over poker

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is clearly a question for professionals. I would suggest anyone, and there many, that have had these kind of thoughts should find help immediatetly.

Does amaze me the amount insensitive comments on this post. A lot of you act like, well if I was that bad I would just......bla bla bla....that is why it is considered a problem.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

aaaah no. Some people have addictions. I love poker and have had my share of losses, but harm myself? I don't have to lose thousands of dollars to get my poker fix. Anyone who looses more money than they can afford, need help. God bless to all.

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I never had, nor do I want to, and if one day I have these thoughts, I give up playing poker right away, poker has to be considered, above all, a moment of fun, but I confess there were days that I was very frustrated

“Success is the ability to go from defeat to defeat without losing your enthusiasm.”

Status
Not open for further replies.