Have you ever had suicidal thoughts because of your poker losses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to ask you if you have ever had suicidal thoughts after losing a streak of bad luck in poker and how you have dealt with them

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm type of person who rather go for a killing spree than kill myself. And since I won't remember that I found anybody worth to kill in my entire life... So, no. Very unlikely.

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if poker makes you feel like that time to find a new hobby,got to remember the golden rule of gambling,if you can't afford to lose ,you can't afford to win !

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I have never had such a thing regardless of the situation, I think those thoughts are had by weak emotional people who are not strong enough to look to the future and think that in this world there are people in much harder situations ... especially a sum of money lost at games, what nonsense, money can be made again in the wallet but life is not!

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not a psychiatrist (I don't even play one on TV), but my advice is: quit poker, quit all poker forums, and get professional help.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I felt that way about losing poker then I would quit playing the game altogether. For me nothing is worth taking your own life or the lives of others............. Well there might be some exceptions for criminals .

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As said above time to quit if you feeling suicidal. Quit all forms off gambling.

RickoNNN

RickoNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I particularly do not, since I do not play large sums of money to think about taking my life, if someone thinks about that, I would tell them to get a psychologist, it is very ugly to have those thoughts, I only ask that they find a way not to fall and that thought.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi christmasscorpion. I'm like everyone else. This is a serious question, and this surely is not the place for it. If you have those kind of thoughts for any reason (gaming or any other) get you some help. And like what's been said, get away from any forum of poker.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Never! how could you even cry for something that is suppose to be recreational. If You are investing money in poker, I will say do not gamble beyond your finances! :listen:

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I guess this is wrong place to post such kind of threads.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The day that I have suicidal thoughts because of poker, is the day I quit poker...FOREVER!!

I would also seriously consider, whether I should seek help, because, there are more important things in life than any game, or sport, whether free, or for money.

Don't throw away a life for any reason. That would be the ultimate "fold", with no second chance.

....and besides, if you do that, you'd be missing out on all the good things in life.

Good luck, my friend.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never over poker, loosing a girl friend, just not in my personality. I wish everyone could say the same thing, but unfortunately that is not the case.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, never had, but poker always was just a hobby for me, I don’t need the money that I won from poker to live. I think if I needed to win money from poker it would be a lot more stressful, but if you reach to the point of having suicidal thoughts, it’s time to find help and another job.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just registered for $1.65 mtt, first hand AA vs QQ flop Q im busted please kill me now people :D:confused::(

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never had such a thing regardless of the situation, I think those thoughts are had by weak emotional people who are not strong enough to look to the future and think that in this world there are people in much harder situations ... especially a sum of money lost at games, what nonsense, money can be made again in the wallet but life is not!
I wish they were thoughts had by weak emotional people!!!!! I have had the thoughts often and not because I am weak emotionally!!! I live with chronic pain so bad at times I just want it to stop at any cost, even my life! The only reason I am still here is because I am very strong emotionally! But never had those thoughts over playing poker!:D:D

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not a psychiatrist (I don't even play one on TV), but my advice is: quit poker, quit all poker forums, and get professional help.
But did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?:D:D

J

Joselmb31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not me personally, but I had a colleague at the factory who shot himself in the head because he lost the house in the game.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never had such thoughts. I no longer take poker so seriously that I have such thoughts. I advise you this too, and analyze what led you to have such thoughts!

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't had that experience, but I know players who have been through that (obviously a momentary feeling). I think that is the most extreme sensation possible that a player can feel and I believe that we all have the mental capacity to avoid reaching that state. It is like walking through a door in our brain. Once that point is reached, it is necessary to resort to external help, as for example psychiatric help, family help, etc.
Greetings.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would never do that because of a poker loss. But not for any other reason

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If losing makes you suicidal you need to give up all forms of gambling.

A

adueno81

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No

I never lost that much money playing poker or even in other gambling that would stress me as much as your stating. When i first started gambling i lost about 700 dollars. I actually won most of it back.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Quite a strange question in my opinion !!! Suicide would deprive me of all chances to recoup)))

Status
Not open for further replies.