Have you ever had suicidal thoughts because of your poker losses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course not. This is stupid!

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, no, but i echo what a lot of others here are saying. Seek help, talk to family, talk to this community, talk to health professionals.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to ask you if you have ever had suicidal thoughts after losing a streak of bad luck in poker and how you have dealt with them

I never did, Poker is a way to have fun while spending a time of my life, I love it, but there is more things that I love to do, either, Poker is a game you can win or lose.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Never because of Poker alone, but at times it has the potential to definitely exacerbate my negative tendencies. Or any kind of gambling.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
life is worth losing but not over a game of poker.

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Suicidal thoughts about poker? Nope.
Homicidal thoughts? Hmm maybe.

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, fortunately there were no such thoughts, perhaps such thoughts come when you lose very large sums!

CaptainMooti

CaptainMooti

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to when I was younger. Thankfully I realised how stupid it actually is.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No

No, I haven't had suicidal thoughts because of poker. However, I have had suicidal thoughts before.

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never, even though I lost today... bankroll and money management are very important... so that you always enjoy playing. :)

ObiwanJ

ObiwanJ

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No, if you're prone to those sorts of issues you shouldn't be playing poker and you should be seeking help.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to ask you if you have ever had suicidal thoughts after losing a streak of bad luck in poker and how you have dealt with them
No. Never. Lost almost my whole stake once, $200k thirty-five years ago, but not from poker. It was a scam my brother pulled on me. Didn't talk to him for a good many years. Not talking to him now. That's been the extent of my aggression, toward him or myself. Hit a six-month-losing streak about a half-dozen years after that. Readjusted my strategy and started playing in bad-beat jackpot games. In the middle of the bad streak, I hit two jackpots within two weeks of each other, so my losses were minimal. I've had as many good times in poker as I've had bad, if not more. Just remember you've got to make it through the bad times to get to the good. Nature will take care of the rest. If things got that bad for me, I'd just tell myself I've been waiting my whole life to die. So, I guess I'll just wait a little more.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Suicide is a great sin and a great stupidity. Get those thoughts out of your head

reraee1

reraee1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What a suicide! If you lose, you can win back everything

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Despite the fact that poker is a gambling classic, it is quite capable of causing serious addiction. It's not just about people with bad habits or avid slot machine players - for sure, novice players have already managed to put themselves in the place of the wsop winner in their dreams.The popularity of poker has only exacerbated the problem of gambling addiction, as the game has become more accessible than ever. Overcoming addiction to playing poker is difficult, but still feasible and depends mainly on the player himself. Responsible gambling is able to keep gambling at the level of a hobby, preventing it from becoming an obsession.If there is no strength to cope with the game problem on your own, you need to contact a psychotherapist.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
No never. Even if I would lose thousands of dollars. I see that all only as game and I must not win and win millions.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is already the last stage of gambling addiction, if such thoughts have come to mind, it is better to abandon the game forever, not only poker, from any games, because in fact there is only a step to the worst, even games for conditional free chips, you can't play, i.e. you should refuse any games in principle, it will be difficult to overcome such dependence without the help of a psychotherapist

Status
Not open for further replies.