Hardest Hand to Play in Poker??

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A7, AK and JJs, those are the most difficult hands to play for me, number one because they are very hopeful, number two tend that if you don't play them they were the winning hands, and three normally make bad choices once you connect an ace or a J on the flop. I prefer to take things easy once these cards come out, sometimes with the A7 if it's not suited I prefer not to play them.

Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I would have to say that in my opinion a hand that is difficult to handle many times is 1010 or 99 ... Depending on the position, sometimes it is not convenient to raise, and depending on the rise, the bet is sometimes difficult to pay.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Don't be sad 4 outta 5 ain't Bad

Hi all,

Had yet another shitty final table. I was running good until Joeisi got hit by the deck. Back to back hands, I had 99 and lost to an Ax...next hand I had A9 run into KK. But I managed 7th place, which means we made 4 out of 5 final tables this week with 2, 2, 1 and 7. Next week is the final week. We ALL have to be on game and make some deep runs.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
A9 is a great hand to go with when short stacked and facing an all-in you have some equity especially if villain has K9+, Q8+, medium pairs. But when deep stacked or in cash game i don't advise playing it only if it's suited.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me JJ is the most difficult hand to play.

Dmitriy Mishin

Dmitriy Mishin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A9 offsuited is not a hand at all and should not be played at all in a multi-pot, only if you are not in a late position, A9 suited can call by starting from HJ position, in general this is all ABC strategy, study it, look at the chart of hands and everything will be clear, strategy works at low limits. Play according to the situation, adhere to the optimal game strategy, do not replay your cards, play on the bankroll)) Good luck!

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it´s not about the hand, but the moment of the tournament, how many chips you have and your position at the table, joining all these things you will know if it is an easy or hard hand to play

E

enzomyn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the hardest hand to play in poker is A9 because you can't make a straight with it like you can AT-AK or A2-A5, it has a lower kicker but still one that can beat a lot of other aces. A6-A8 are pretty easy to get away from, but it is more difficult with A9. I know a lot of you will say that JJ is the hardest to play because everyone has a love/hate relationship with JJ. But, for my money, I think it is A9.

Good evening. Apart from the possibility of JJ, in my opinion, the most difficult hand to play is the AT, as it is a relatively good hand, but conducive to receiving a higher ace.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA is the hardest! I dont want to push to much with my opinion, buy if anyone got a different opinion, quote this message,)

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think that the hardest hand to play in poker is A9 because you can't make a straight with it like you can AT-AK or A2-A5, it has a lower kicker but still one that can beat a lot of other aces. A6-A8 are pretty easy to get away from, but it is more difficult with A9. I know a lot of you will say that JJ is the hardest to play because everyone has a love/hate relationship with JJ. But, for my money, I think it is A9.

What does everyone else think is the hardest hand to play?

A9 is easy for me because I completely under value the hand in most situations. I probably should reevaluate A9 since it typically shows very little profit when I play it. I currently don't seem to have a hand that's hardest to play, instead it seems specific situations are where the headache lies.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
For me, the hardest hand to play is the one just dealt. Of course some cards are easy to fold, but those that are playable are all dependent on many, many variables and factors:
- my position
- the other players at the table and their playing styles
- the action ahead of me
- and many more that all of you can think of

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Pocket 10s or pocket jacks. They look good in position until a face card hits the flop..

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I’d agree it’s got pretty good preflop equity and when you flop top pair, whether the 9 or the A your equity is good but it’s not great. It can cost you and /or put you in tough spots.

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in online poker my love hate relationship with good cards is KK, how difficult it is to win with KK in online poker, at least it is my case and that of many he has seen at stake Regarding A9, let's not consider being tastings to pay a raise, unless they are the same pint

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is no difficult hand...

In poker everything can happen, there is no difficult hand, since even the least winning hand such as 7-2 can win, and vice versa, the most winning hand such as AA or AK, can be the loser. You just have to know when to go and when not to.:cool::cool:

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most difficult hand for me is the cards that are difficult to discard on the preflop in response to 4-bet or push, since in the modern superaggressive game, any exposure is very risky and besides, it is rare for one hand to completely dominate.:)

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have so many hands that trouble me playing them , and I cannot say for sure which of them is the hardest to play with :) But I will agree with you , that A9 is one of the hands that are difficult fot me , shove or not with it , with how many blinds and in what position , a mystery . Then again , I also agree with one pro , that A9 is better that AQ , more lucky , on one (at least) online poker room , LOL :) AQ never wins :D A9 is the best , lol :D

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my experience, every hand I have is hard to play or maybe it is just me. AJ never works out for me no matter how I play it, but given your choose I would take A9 over JJ everytime.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of all I play minus QJs. :(

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all...hardest,trickiest could be jj or 10,10....raisin early then tryin to adjust to other actions to follow......should be easy later in tourney as shoving takes priorty...thanks darrell

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, the most difficult thing is to fold a straight draw and a flash draw)) Especially when you expect the completion of a combination on the river! :D

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me the hardest hand to play is AA. If I make a big bet or go all in,
everybody bails and I get nothing in return for my good cards. If somebody else goes in big before me and I call with my AA then I get clobbered with their sicko cards that hit the big time.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont like negative implied odds hands like ATo, where its hard to be happy with most flops.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
You said it yourself, the hardest to play I think would be JJ lol. I generally avoid playing A9, if the game would only be in final positions and if they are the same suit

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
UPDATE

Ok everyone...I made this post and I swear that I have had more A9's dealt since the time I posted this than in the rest of my career combined....so since the poker gods are having a little fun giving me the hand I think is hard to play...I have changed my mind...the hardest hand to play is AA. :D

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands