Hardest Hand to Play in Poker??

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that the hardest hand to play in poker is A9 because you can't make a straight with it like you can AT-AK or A2-A5, it has a lower kicker but still one that can beat a lot of other aces. A6-A8 are pretty easy to get away from, but it is more difficult with A9. I know a lot of you will say that JJ is the hardest to play because everyone has a love/hate relationship with JJ. But, for my money, I think it is A9.

What does everyone else think is the hardest hand to play?

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think is A7s - because of the same reasons, and because rarely connects with the flop.
But I think is hard to play these hands only in a 9 max table, because in 6max table, a A5+ is good and easy to play.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, these are simple hands and it’s quite possible to play with them; you just have to play carefully and adhere to elementary poker rules !!!

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hand that costs me the most to play is 10 10, not when it is time to raise them or when I only call.

J

jorgejarapy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it costs me the A10 and the Q-Q whenever these hands touch me, I end up losing in most of the times

linaxmama

linaxmama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me there is no more difficult hand to play, but more difficult situations in which you place yourself or are placed

Y

yanslad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time I'm involved in ANY hand that has J, yes Ace and Jack as well, I don't know how to play if I don't hit the flop. That's why I don't normally play those hand.. in my opinion J's is nightmare
Gotta work real hard to make this difficulty of mine become a strength

T

Tolyanchemp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that any hand can be played, even 52, depending on the position and rates before your word. A9, for example, with 20 blinds from positions 1 and 2, I would not play ... But from the button you can 3bet it or push on sb

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keeping in mind that position is such a key element in poker, I would say that AK is the hardest hand to play in poker, followed by the mid-range pairs. With AK, the difficulty lies in deciding to play for an entire stack or play more cautiously.

Benkisto_BR

Benkisto_BR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Disregarding junk hands, I think the most difficult is AK, but that depends a lot on the opponents. Remembering that I don't usually play with low ace.

Last edited:
_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is KJo in my opinion. Cause I almost always get dominated by KQs,KQo,AJs,AJo,AKs,AKo hands

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I don't know if the hand is more difficult, but it's hard for me to play with AA. I know it should be the easiest hand. But many times I'm not lucky. I think I play it well, but I end up losing against A10-AQ. The luck factor plays its part, but I think it is not so easy to play and get the most out of it

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

L

lucero53

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mano

for me the hardest hand is JJ I always lose it pre flop i ver que pasa cual quier cosa foldeo

C

celtics33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think it will vary with different people because its usually a hand we over-value thus making it harder to muck. never get attached to any hand, even AA imho.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, a difficult hand to play AJ. It seems strong enough, but in fact it needs to be “able to play” depending on the position, stage of the tournament and opponent. And you need to pass it even more often than say AT or KJ. Until I understand how to play it in plus, I’d better throw it away once more than play it again.

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth is that the cards are not so important as the analysis of the game of opponents and the game in the position are important. If this is not the first minutes of an easily accessible tournament, you can use the cards on the flop to literally bluff and skillfully manipulate your opponents. In fact, I had many winnings with cards like A9, A8, A7 and A6 because if they are suited, this allows you to collect flush. And yes, these are perfect cards if you play in position!)

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Difficult starting hands

I think that the hardest hand to play in poker is A9 because you can't make a straight with it like you can AT-AK or A2-A5, it has a lower kicker but still one that can beat a lot of other aces. A6-A8 are pretty easy to get away from, but it is more difficult with A9. I know a lot of you will say that JJ is the hardest to play because everyone has a love/hate relationship with JJ. But, for my money, I think it is A9.

What does everyone else think is the hardest hand to play?
For me it's JJ. Most hands with A strong ace will call you, plus KQ, not to mention any pair that's higher. I rarely win with JJ. Seem I always get called. Last week I went all in with JJ and the guy called with AK. The flop was AKK. I needed J-J on the turn and river and got nothing. Oh well.

Waleswasp

Waleswasp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The hardest hand is AQ, especially when re-raised. End up not knowing where I am :confused:

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'dhave to go with what comes to mind first, which is AQ. It's a strong hand you feel compelled to play, but unless you smash the flop, you're usually uncomfortable for the whole hand.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think is A7s - because of the same reasons, and because rarely connects with the flop.
But I think is hard to play these hands only in a 9 max table, because in 6max table, a A5+ is good and easy to play.

I would agree with your point on 6 Max...actually, any ace in late position is pretty good. My point about A9 though is that A6-A8 are all easy to get away from but A9 is right on the cusp.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The hardest hand is AQ, especially when re-raised. End up not knowing where I am :confused:

I have that same problem and seem to get it all in against AK pretty frequently --which in live poker is an anomaly, but it happens with freakish regularity in online poker.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
KQ is a hand that has cost me a lot in the past. Run into AK or AQ often enough to get into trouble for me. KQ looks good but it really isn't that good of a hand to start with I guess.

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think AA, I never know to raise slow play it or just call! Iv has been burned more times than I can count slowplaying it! And Iv lost money or chips by raising it everyone folds! I like AA for a quick few chips but otherwise, I dont know how to play it well enough yet! :confused:

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands