Going broke

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why have such losses. When you can freely learn to play on other people's money. Won freerolls and you can do whatever you want. It's not a shame to lose money received from the freeroll.

middle73

middle73

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes sir!
breaking down and getting back on your feet is normal among most of us amateur players.
you must learn from mistakes and try not to make them again.
It sounds simple but it is not.
regards!

Everything is easy and simple for me in this life bro

T

tladake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not play big money games, no more than 5 US, mostly less then 1 USD and many times I went to 0. I have a rule that I keep: I do not spend more then some amount of money, I can charge my account no more then once a quarter, every 4 months. If I am broke I need to wait until next quarter come, but sometimes I get little money from freerols before it comes. It is not so painful to lose money that I win, painful is when I have to take money from my pocket again...

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you broke many times in poker?
Do you think it's normal to break?
Do you learn when your bankroll breaks?

One of the best online poker players at the moment and who recently won a WSOP bracelet being played online, Joao Simao said he has already gone broke many times in poker.

"It's normal to break, and even I've already broken 500 times. The important thing is to learn from these falls and improve your game"

And you, agree?View attachment 293822

Of course, i agree. Wouldnt say that's normal, but it happens, don't know anyone, who is honest and never get broke. Personally, i broke every 2-4 months, after the first few times, I don't really get upset because of that. My solution is make more withdrawals/deposits, so keep on my balance only the really necessary amount. If i can keep it, and dont make adventures in other games, it is working, overall having more +.

And I love the players whose saying they never made deposit or they dont even remember when they made the last one..... most of them are massive loosers ::))

I think it is part of the game, and that's why they push bad bankroll management things out there. It is important, how they say everywhere, but after that many things are leaking in most of the staff about that....

Even the full time poker players, whose i know, all of them broke plenty times, they still play and make living off from poker in long term...

I check out this guy, at least he is honest.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I lost my bankroll a couple of times during the years. I think it's opportunity to see what I'm doing wrong and try to improve my game and the control of my emotions to not let this happen again.

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I loose my bankroll everytime I cash out.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made a cashout. I left 15 $ and lost it. Now I have 0 $ in my account.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For most people its silly to even use the term "gone broke in poker". If you are a recreational player, deposit 50$ on a poker site and then lose that money, you have not "gone broke". Thats the same as saying, you have "gone broke", every time you went to the grocery story and spend 50$ on milk and diapers for your baby. Only full time professional players can truly "go broke", because if they lose all their poker money, they can no longer play and earn a living.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand my possibilities in poker. If I win a certain amount, I immediately withdraw it. I have been playing micro-stakes all my life and do not climb higher. Poker for me is like an additional small income. I lost my mini bankroll a thousand times. Now I have 0 on my balance. $ wait for me in freerolls.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For most people its silly to even use the term "gone broke in poker". If you are a recreational player, deposit 50$ on a poker site and then lose that money, you have not "gone broke". Thats the same as saying, you have "gone broke", every time you went to the grocery story and spend 50$ on milk and diapers for your baby. Only full time professional players can truly "go broke", because if they lose all their poker money, they can no longer play and earn a living.

I have made a deposit 2 times in my life for $ 5 for 10 years. I don’t make deposits on principle. To play poker to lose money? No, this is not for me. I will fight for every cent because I live in a poor country and I grew up in poverty)

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have made a deposit 2 times in my life for $ 5 for 10 years. I don’t make deposits on principle. To play poker to lose money? No, this is not for me. I will fight for every cent because I live in a poor country and I grew up in poverty)
Same here. I only have 17$ in my bankroll, I don't think I'll lose everything since I play very small stakes but if I do i'll just play freroll until I win some.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I think it's a little bit about that, broke but in an expected way within a planning. Of course, broke here wouldn't even be welcome in that way, but it would be possible. And of course, without harming your financial life. That doesn't mean yes or no, because the interview doesn't go deep into it, and that's why I think it's within the concept of something planned.
Unfortunately I don't have the interview in English, but if the dear members want I will post the link in Portuguese.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why have such losses. When you can freely learn to play on other people's money. Won freerolls and you can do whatever you want. It's not a shame to lose money received from the freeroll.
It's a great way to learn for sure.

P

plusssev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Almost everyone was broke at least once. I do not learn in this case just start playing from zero

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, each player had such failures. I lost my bankroll several times and I don't see anything critical in it. The main thing is to draw conclusions, be able to learn from mistakes and continue to go to the goal.

AlexsandrM36

AlexsandrM36

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, every player has had such failures. I've lost my bankroll several times and I don't see anything critical about it. The main thing is to draw conclusions, be able to learn from mistakes and continue to go towards the goal.

It is very frustrating when you lose your entire bankroll. Amateurs do not play for large sums, but they don’t want to lose $ 50 either. If you look at the statistics of players on poker sites, you can immediately understand who is earning and who is losing. For amateurs it is better to play live. Good luck to everyone in the game !!!

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
got broke many times all my winnings in freerolls
but keep coming back
that's life ups and downs

G

gonzalo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not bankrupt because when I reach a point I withdraw ALMOST everything, and I leave a small margin and I rebuild my bankroll again ... I always do the same cycle

fang215874

fang215874

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
philosophy of poker

Poker players lose chips in order to win them. A simple life philosophy of poker.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, a person, by nature, learns only from his mistakes, sometimes it is useful to lose, so that again and again there is a reason to analyze your game

P

ParadiseFisher_

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also think it shouldnt happen with propper BRM

pokerdutchie

pokerdutchie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it seems like going broke is a badge of honor/dedication for some people