2019-20-21 League Champs
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don think you guys get it, it's all the brain anyway

I disagree!!

The brain has billions of cells while your body has trillions of cells. Each cell in your body is a transmitter and receiver of frequency. It is your senses, not your analogical brain that interprets those frequencies. Some people have the ability to use all of their senses at the same time to interpret with, while others cannot. Those gifted people have highly tuned instincts and can easily read situations. Remember, that like in magic, the brain can be easily tricked. Also, math is very predictable.

freeringo

freeringo

2019-20-21 League Champs
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I disagree!!

The brain has billions of cells while your body has trillions of cells. Each cell in your body is a transmitter and receiver of frequency. It is your senses, not your analogical brain that interprets those frequencies. Some people have the ability to use all of their senses at the same time to interpret with, while others cannot. Those gifted people have highly tuned instincts and can easily read situations. Remember, that like in magic, the brain can be easily tricked. Also, math is very predictable.

Think of it this way: your senses just picked up some good information and that information is sent to your brain. What's your brain going to do with the information? The logical driven person is going to now analyze and 2nd and 3rd guess the information. While the person who has learned to trust his instincts (aka: your heart) makes the right call without any brain work at all.

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think that you should use your head first, but, to be a good player you need to train and then your "Gut or Heart" then become part of your head! It should all be one.........that way you will succeed. Gl.........:D:D:D

AlexandriaVP

AlexandriaVP

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Math doesnt always work im an analogical person myself and supreme logic is the way to go however where do your instincts (or heart) come from if not from your prior experiences at the tables?
I challenge you freeringo to find me a poker Pro ($500 000+ bankroll with Large wins) that doesnt follow his instincts and only relys on the math!!!!
I guess essentially we are saying the same thing you brain is wired right 95% of every action you take throughout the day is automatic only 5% of what you do you think about before you do it.Almost everything you do on the daily is habit. So that being said how can you not follow your gut.

freeringo

freeringo

2019-20-21 League Champs
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Math doesnt always work im an analogical person myself and supreme logic is the way to go however where do your instincts (or heart) come from if not from your prior experiences at the tables?
I challenge you freeringo to find me a poker Pro ($500 000+ bankroll with Large wins) that doesnt follow his instincts and only relys on the math!!!!
I guess essentially we are saying the same thing you brain is wired right 95% of every action you take throughout the day is automatic only 5% of what you do you think about before you do it.Almost everything you do on the daily is habit. So that being said how can you not follow your gut.

The math is the easy part of poker unless your no good at math I suppose. LOL The things we take for granted!!! :)

yonosemanana

yonosemanana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to use both. I have notice that in order to play agro you need to have a lot of heart. Especially if you are making bluffs. If you are making semi bluffs with equity you need a lot of heart to push hard at your opponent. So you are using math and your heart (instincts). Also, I think any play in which you are using fold equity can be classified as a math/heart play.

If you play passively you literally are just playing the math game and are showing no heart. And its more likely that you will not win.

By the way this is something that Im learning as of now.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to say that the game play always depends on many factors accompanying the game. A factors in the game very much. So basically have to pay more attention to who is at the table, how big the stack, how close are you to the final table, LIABILITY game or not. And then interwoven Math intuition. And I do not know that more work - Math or heart.

nastena2992

nastena2992

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have read several books that have helped me and concluded that a successful player, mathematics - a thing absolutely necessary, and this section should be treated with all the attention

C

colacho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think use a little of each, many times over each hand has its way of playing , heart , apart from the proper way to play a hand , help me in deciding whether or not to play the hand . . This is pre - flop .. once played the flop come into play math and Equitys

tilan501

tilan501

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Math and your knowlodge about who you are playing against, not heart!

Saperion

Saperion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes i follow my heart, but most of the time i use math and EV+.

H

hammersc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting question, yummy I think is the 2 heart sometimes you play a bad move .. !!! and mathematics are the odds but you never know if they always meet .. !!! so you better mathematics guies by complementing it with the heart you will improve your game so keep in mind that the best thing to make a poker player is to learn and know how to position at a poker table either online or live .. !!! and that there will be many factors that can discover even you got here or how to play your opponents .. !!!

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even the most skillful players lose and having downswing from time to time.

Poker is not all about mathematical decision.Theres time you got to trust your

instinct and base your read on certain situation.As the saying goes 'No guts no glory'.

mariel619

mariel619

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Using math has gotten me to call hands i may never have before just knowing something basic as getting 3 to 1 + on a call when you have a good hand.
which lead to me uncovering bullies

Kelly60

Kelly60

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always consider the maths and odds but I don't always go with it sometimes I make a play or call against the odds, but I don't think that is my heart more intuition. Strictly sticking to maths can show as patterns which people can read and use to exploit certain traits or patterns, I think it is important to mix up play so as to confuse how people read you

arborest

arborest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think sometimes is the best to follow your heart, especially if you dont have a good hand. It will make opponents confused. But only few times!! :)

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
learn, be rational, collect experience, upgrade yourself through yours and others mistakes
...and there is no place for heart

MissMtnDewAQ

MissMtnDewAQ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually go with my gut but in certain instances,
knowledge about your opponents is crucial.
Live or via internet, a player has habits and tendencies
that will help you play against them.
You just have to pay attention.

rensks

rensks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Follow your heart! Hahah poker needs a lot of luck haha

brno22

brno22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
both go hand in hand, they are 50 math and 50 heart, but just luck also has a lot to do