Folding KK

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, it will depend on the context of the hand and if I have notes about the player in question

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't remember preflop. On the flop, I reset when I see A and the opponent puts too much or Allin at once. I think he has at least A or two pairs, a hidden set. Therefore, I quit the game with minimal losses in order to find a more profitable hand for Allin.

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is important if you raise KK and see an A in the flop, that you do not make your decision on the bet size of the opponent, but rather on the range your opponent plays preflop an then raises on an A flop. Raise the the board if your KK beats most of what that player should have. If his range is only got a bunches of aces and pairs you're in trouble, but if its got suited connectors and offsuit broadway connectors, then your odds are good that the opponent does not have an A. You gotta base the decision on what percentage of your opponents range you are still beating.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had exactly the same situation in the last tournament, so I had to throw away the KK on the flop, which was a terrible feeling because you think you're actually quite good..but unfortunately players call with any A sometimes pre-flop

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
How often will you guys fold KK upon seeing Ace on a flop turn or River?
Ever fold Kings preflop?
Story, guys!

It all depends on who I'm playing against and how that person is playing.

If I'm sure I'm losing, I don't see a problem, it's just a pair.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I never fold KK preflop. I might fold to a big bet on an ace-high flop in a 3-bet or 4-bet pot.
If an ace hits on the river, I will most likely call an adequate bet, because if my opponent called my two big bets, then only a dopper could outbid me. I lost to sets and aces anyway. More often than not, I'll see a low pocket pair or some sort of flush or straight draw.

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Only time I confidently folded KK preflop would maybe be in a situation where I am short stacked in a tourney that pays like top 25 spots or so and there are other short stacks allin around the bubble.
I've even folded AA in the same situation but if it was a normal game and not like a satellite I'm getting my chips in preflop.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all
For me, folding KK on the preflop is a crime, but on the turn, river, according to the situation and opponents

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only fold KK before the flop if it's a satellite tournament and I'm about to advance, otherwise I'll never fold before the flop.

The situation is different on the flop, because depending on the type of opponent and the texture of the board, I can easily fold KK if the situation seems to be a loser.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If the person goes all in and is known to be a tight player.

pokerace_1

pokerace_1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
quite often you have to throw off on the river, especially if there are more than 2 opponents

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Preflop in tournaments it's hard for me to fold them , but posgtflop , yeap , I can fold them , even AA in case of very wet flop and lots of villains' aggression

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mostly never unless a ace come up and an opponent bet a lot chips afterwards. Or there is a straight draw or flush draw and I’m worried someone hit the straight or flush.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Repeatedly dropped aces and did it mostly correctly. And in the case of a pair of kings, the appearance of an ace on the flop depended on the draw on the preflop, opponents and other factors. The main thing is that your actions are justified for you, and this requires knowledge and a lot of experience in the game.

A

Arciukas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah, i also look depending on situacion, but it's not very offen then i folding KK. JJ it's the last pocket where i folding much more times than QQ KK or AA

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always do it .it depends on players raising so I can assume that someone has the ace

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Preflop, in a tournamentwith the standard payout structure, i would never fold KK. I can fold KK/AA in a satellite if the situation with my stack is not critical, i.e. if i'm on the list in the pay zone.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no pre-defined frequency for this type of situation. It all depends on the circumstances of the moment.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't do it usually, maybe in the bubble.

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi

I don't roll KK, I think they are great cards, and I always play them. JJ yes

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
How often will you guys fold KK upon seeing Ace on a flop turn or River?
Ever fold Kings preflop?
Story, guys!
It all depends on the pre-flop play, imo. I have to figure out if my K's are good so make some kind of a ruckus and see who responds. When the board starts to fall hope for a K and maybe and A. If you're in position you can usually figure out where they're at and make the right play. And yes, I've folded K's pre-flop. Sometimes it's just too easy like on the bubble or at a final table.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It depends on all the action, which happened before the turn or river. But if I think that my opponent could really have an ace, I would fold kings, even if it hurts. But folding is better than losing money to an obvious ace.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Sometimes fold is the best decision we can make so as not to lose the chance to win. This is a difficult decision, and in order to learn to make such a difficult decision requires experience and skill.
Good luck.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There are a lot of reasons to fold KK, from pre-flop to the river. It all depends on what is happening in the hand. I try not to fall in love with any pocket cards. Too disappointing when they lose.

Folding in Poker